Options

so i am doing this

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
starting friday:
www.blueprint.com

i'm usually not one of these kinds of people, but seriously, something has GOT to give at this point. i was never a health freak, never had to be. i ate ok, drank ok, stayed thin and healthy. until i didn't anymore. i quit smoking ages ago, but in the interim put on weight - lots! :? - and well, yea, been drinking far too much. sure lots of "reasons" but let's face it, all a bunch of bs. life is a mess and would be a mess with or without the overeating/drinking, etc ... so why make it worse.

i tend to respond best to *drastic* change, so i think a 3 day juice cleanse is just what i need to hit the reset button. i've read up and this particular cleanse seems to get very good feedback. i've recently, slowly, started back in my bootcamp classes, just started yoga for the first time! and think this will be a really good push to eating well once again.

anyhoo, my long-winded way of asking, anyone ever do a cleanse or something similar? thoughts, results, feelings?
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I have not tried this, but I wish you the best. (I like the idea of a reset button--wish I could have one for other parts of my life.)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    I have not tried this, but I wish you the best. (I like the idea of a reset button--wish I could have one for other parts of my life.)

man, so do i. SO DO I!!!
    this will have to suffice. i figure one step forward, perhaps the rest will follow? :)
    thanks.
    i truly NEED to start feeling GOOD. physically, mentally, emotionally. i think working on the physical, the most controllable of the 3, good start.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    SD48277 wrote:

man, so do i. SO DO I!!!
    this will have to suffice. i figure one step forward, perhaps the rest will follow? :)
    thanks.
    i truly NEED to start feeling GOOD. physically, mentally, emotionally. i think working on the physical, the most controllable of the 3, good start.
    I'd be interested in your results, if you don't mind sharing them online.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I did the Wildrose Cleanse last year after a summer of excess felt great after, lost a little weight (which is back after this summer of excess) Good Luck. I may revisit Wildrose again this fall, as I was happy with how I felt after the 2 weeks. Hardest part for me is no alcohol, as I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner.
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    SD48277 wrote:

man, so do i. SO DO I!!!
    thanks.
    I'd be interested in your results, if you don't mind sharing them online.

sure. might be tmi to some degree - seems one might shit like a rock star, hahahaha. but seriously, what i have read, people have felt GREAT, and kick-started healthy eating, and sure, losing some weight, etc. obviously, three days of ANYthing isn't going to change your life necessarily, but it can be a proper kick in the ass. or so i hope. :D

guitar59, i hear ya. the alcohol is a biggie for me, and something i NEED to change.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hi there.

As you asked...me, nope; not the here-you-are-now-change! type. I've found it doesn't take on the long-term physical or emotional/mental/other needs as they're more a temporary fix.

Cleansing, fasting, many of the "ings"...if it's not gonna be a way of life, what's the point?

Eat healthy and indulge in moderation and well...indulge in indulgence sometimes.

Live and love in the same vein. All I can do and it's worked so far for me.

But I give you much credit for your efforts and wish you success!

I try and make a few myself sometimes :)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited August 2013
    I think fasting and detoxing is great, I wish I would have the strength to do it every now and then ... I tried to faste once with my best friend. At the end of the first day we were juicing all kinds of veggies and when we were drinking it, I almost started to cry because I longed for a carrot or something to BITE so bad :lol: We stopped it. We wanted to go for one week, but only lasted a day :oops: :lol: Guess I'm not a faster.

Best of luck and I will check on here to see how it went :wave:
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    nice to see u here Maria....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    nice to see u here Maria....
    +1

Whenever I feel like my life has gone to the shitter I just watch 10 minutes of Jerry Springer.
    Amazing what that can do for your perspective! :lol::lol:

No matter what problems I may have, its never as bad as what is on that show!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I haven't tried a cleanse per se. I've been on this fresh food diet though. It's mostly fruit, green leafy vegetables, etc.
    No dairy, no meat, no bread, no alcohol.

I don't feel like I'm being starved, I feel healthy. It's good! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    I haven't tried a cleanse per se. I've been on this fresh food diet though. It's mostly fruit, green leafy vegetables, etc.
    No dairy, no meat, no bread, no alcohol.

I don't feel like I'm being starved, I feel healthy. It's good! :D

is this a specific meal plan you are following or did you simply make it up on your own? i'd be curious to hear/read about it.

of course i know exactly what i should eat/exercise for optimal health - i read everything and have in the past really taken care of myself. i just haven't in a long while. :? oops. haha. never thought i'd try a cleanse but it just really seems like a good idea, start off FRESH and yes, find my balance of moderation. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    To honor the Spring in 2009 I went on a 4-day fruit fast. I ate only fruits or veggies raw or in a juicer. I turned off the tv, and the computer, and the radio, and just read while I listened to Spring come in from the outside.

It gave me the belief that I had four days of tenacity. To know your tenacity, to know that you are controlling your life, is actually better for you than the fast, but both will be accomplished by the goal.

I'm still amazed I could do it, and I know I could apply that grit to other projects.

Ooooh la la, I'm amazed at my internal grittiness sometimes. I must have been a warrior in a past life.

Good luck, decides2dream!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    To honor the Spring in 2009 I went on a 4-day fruit fast. I ate only fruits or veggies raw or in a juicer. I turned off the tv, and the computer, and the radio, and just read while I listened to Spring come in from the outside.

It gave me the belief that I had four days of tenacity. To know your tenacity, to know that you are controlling your life, is actually better for you than the fast, but both will be accomplished by the goal.

I'm still amazed I could do it, and I know I could apply that grit to other projects.

Ooooh la la, I'm amazed at my internal grittiness sometimes. I must have been a warrior in a past life.

Good luck, decides2dream!

you are an AWESOME and fearless woman, ms. haiku. thanks for more inspiration to get my shit together. :)

:thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    so, i DID this. it felt great to do, and i was surprised how easy it was. i actually enjoyed the green juices far more than the fruit juices - i found them too sweet believe it or not. i did not have any epiphanies or life-altering moments, but it felt good. i'd do it again. and yes, it did feel good to just take control of ONE thing in my life, even if it was as simplistic as this - but it was sumthin'.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    so, i DID this. it felt great to do, and i was surprised how easy it was. i actually enjoyed the green juices far more than the fruit juices - i found them too sweet believe it or not. i did not have any epiphanies or life-altering moments, but it felt good. i'd do it again. and yes, it did feel good to just take control of ONE thing in my life, even if it was as simplistic as this - but it was sumthin'.

Cool :thumbup: Maybe I'll try it again one day :)
  • Options

i highly recommend.
    i think it would feel good no matter what, but i think it's especially beneficial at times when you feel you've not been treating your body too kindly, and/or when you feel your life is a ball of chaos. self-restraint and self-control both feel so good at times.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

i highly recommend.
    i think it would feel good no matter what, but i think it's especially beneficial at times when you feel you've not been treating your body too kindly, and/or when you feel your life is a ball of chaos. self-restraint and self-control both feel so good at times.

I'm glad to hear it worked out so great for you! And i agree, you have to be in the "right" spot to do this.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I just finished Whole30. At first it was really hard but it got easier after about 10 days.
    Lost 20 pounds and feel AMAZING! I had a free long holiday weekend ( I had chips, a hotdog and some pie) and now I'm going "mostly" Paleo with limited alcohol on weekend and some dairy. Want to lose 10 more pounds but really, I want to keep going because I feel so good! I really think this has changed my everyday eating for good.

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Good to hear it worked out well for you, D2D.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    one of the things that stood out in watching the weight of a nation HBO series was that once people gain significant amount of weight ... the hard part is not losing it - it's keeping it off ... apparently, once the body gets "used" to a different weight - it changes things ... one of the consequences is that a person of the same body type, age, height, weight, etc.. but who has dropped back down to a weight can only consume 20% less calories than someone of the same make up but who has kept at a consistent weight ...

personally ... i think the key is to focus on the health aspects ... exercise and eat as well as you can ... you can help yourself by snacking regularly and making sure you get your protein ... you can eat salads all day but if there isn't the requisite protein - you're going to be hungry a short time later ... protein is the energy that sustains you for a longer time ... if you're just eating salads ... you just keep being hungry and then therefore start binging on things ...

lastly ... i would focus on eating real food ... hopefully, americans won't take this the wrong way but there are a lot of things that get consumed in the states that are bad for people that just aren't allowed in most other countries ... not only is a lot of that shit bad for you - it also makes you want to eat more of it ... eat real food as best you can ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

lastly ... i would focus on eating real food ... hopefully, americans won't take this the wrong way but there are a lot of things that get consumed in the states that are bad for people that just aren't allowed in most other countries ... not only is a lot of that shit bad for you - it also makes you want to eat more of it ... eat real food as best you can ...
    :thumbup: And it is possible to eat healthy in the States! All the good stuff is here, sometimes cheaper than the processed shit. It's so much more fun to cook yourself too.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    polaris_x wrote:
    one of the things that stood out in watching the weight of a nation HBO series was that once people gain significant amount of weight ... the hard part is not losing it - it's keeping it off ... apparently, once the body gets "used" to a different weight - it changes things ... one of the consequences is that a person of the same body type, age, height, weight, etc.. but who has dropped back down to a weight can only consume 20% less calories than someone of the same make up but who has kept at a consistent weight ...

personally ... i think the key is to focus on the health aspects ... exercise and eat as well as you can ... you can help yourself by snacking regularly and making sure you get your protein ... you can eat salads all day but if there isn't the requisite protein - you're going to be hungry a short time later ... protein is the energy that sustains you for a longer time ... if you're just eating salads ... you just keep being hungry and then therefore start binging on things ...

I agree with all of this^^^ especially the last bit.

So much of the food here in the States is so processed and horrible. If people really read, and educated themselves about what's in our food and knew what they do to it, they would stop eating it. Ammonia Chicken Nuggets anybody?

I think that as long as the cleanse is full of NATURAL products without additives/preservatives, and minimally processed, it is fine. I'm kind of interested in the cleanse since it is organic.

After a good cleanse or 'eating clean', if you eat processed foods, you will be sorry you did.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Good job Maria see you in BRKLYN in OCT ... :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

So much of the food here in the States is so processed and horrible. If people really read, and educated themselves about what's in our food and knew what they do to it, they would stop eating it. Ammonia Chicken Nuggets anybody?

I think that as long as the cleanse is full of NATURAL products without additives/preservatives, and minimally processed, it is fine. I'm kind of interested in the cleanse since it is organic.

After a good cleanse or 'eating clean', if you eat processed foods, you will be sorry you did.

what part don't you agree with? ...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    polaris_x wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

what part don't you agree with? ...

In general I don't care for most cleanses, like the highly processed cleanses that say 'low sugar' and are full of artificial sugars.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    In general I don't care for most cleanses, like the highly processed cleanses that say 'low sugar' and are full of artificial sugars.

i'm sorry ... i'm a moron ... totally misread what you initially wrote ... :lol::lol:

carry on ...
  • Options
    Good job Maria see you in BRKLYN in OCT ... :)

grazie. :)

fyi - this cleanse is 100% organic. whatcha see is whatcha get. i will admit, while all-natural, i saw no reason to add agave to any of the juices, even some of the juices with NO agave were too sweet imho. as mentioned, i found the green juices to be the BEST. if i ever did it again, i'd go for the hard core "excavation" cleanse. :shock: haha. the name scared me and it was suggested if you never did a cleanse before to begin with the renovation, which i did. too much fruit juice for me, especially without any alcohol in it. ;)

polaris, i completely agree! i definitely think your body, too easily, adjusts to a heavier weight and it becomes your new norm, requiring more effort to maintain a previously, easily maintained lower weight. sometimes the efficiency of the human body is a big bummer. :P i know back in my young, skinny-with-zero effort days (how i wish i knew!) it never mattered ... then, merely getting older, being more interested in food, quitting smoking, a bad bout with depression, my once norm disappeared. once i got thin again, SO much harder to maintain. yes, age, being female, slower metabolism yada yada all come into play - but just basic body changes were a big culprit imho. i realize it will be even harder now as i am even older - yikes - heavier than i was the first time i ever needed to lose weight, but it needs to be done.

this however, wasn't done to lose weight, merely to hit the restart button. i think a longer cleanse would've done a better job in that regard, but again, my first cleanse - so i was a bit nervous. i may give it another go further down the line, and for a longer period of time. either way, as ms. haiku mentioned, i WAS impressed with myself, my inner grittiness and resolve. guess i felt i lost that part of myself. glad it's still there and i now know i can do more than i thought i could. :)

so sure, there's my success in all this. and sure, giving my body a well-deserved break.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...