For you Vinyl lovers

Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Have you ever been undecided what you want to happen with your ashes when you die? How about getting them pressed into a vinyl?

http://www.andvinyly.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    :lol:

It's a great idea
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Have you ever been undecided what you want to happen with your ashes when you die? How about getting them pressed into a vinyl?

I wonder if your decendents will sell you at a car boot? :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Kind of a neat idea.

With the way I record the dog making his silly noises and playing, it would be cool to put a nice picture on the cover of him and then have recordings of the loving noises he made while he made us smile for the time we had him.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'll have mine pressed as a one off Benny Hall reissue!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,648
    dottles wrote:

"Car boot sale." Fascinating! Having never heard of it, I had to look up this term:

The term refers to the selling of items from a car's boot [in the U.S., trunk]. Although a small proportion of sellers are professional traders selling goods, or indeed browsing for items to sell, the goods on sale are often used but no longer wanted personal possessions.

"No longer wanted personal possessions". :(

The idea of being sold at a car boot sale, yard sale, garage sale, flea market, rummage sale etc. Both weird slightly depressing but also very funny! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    brianlux wrote:
    dottles wrote:

"Car boot sale." Fascinating! Having never heard of it, I had to look up this term:

The term refers to the selling of items from a car's boot [in the U.S., trunk]. Although a small proportion of sellers are professional traders selling goods, or indeed browsing for items to sell, the goods on sale are often used but no longer wanted personal possessions.

The idea of being sold at a car boot sale, yard sale, garage sale, flea market, rummage sale etc. Both weird slightly depressing but also very funny! :lol:

:lol::lol: I must be so British at times, it hadn't occured to me that other places don't have car boot sales!
    They are a weekend staple here, we've even had tele programmes about them. Hundreds of people in a field or car park selling stuff they can't be bothered to eBay :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I've decided that I want to be pressed into a copy of Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,648
    brianlux wrote:
    dottles wrote:

dottles wrote:
    :lol::lol: I must be so British at times, it hadn't occured to me that other places don't have car boot sales!
    They are a weekend staple here, we've even had tele programmes about them. Hundreds of people in a field or car park selling stuff they can't be bothered to eBay :D

Boot sales sound like a lot of fun. We need to start the trend over here! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.