Smoking in Oregon

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,648
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
No, no, no, not that kind of smoking. :mrgreen::lol:

I mean the forest fires in southern Oregon. They're terrible this year! My father lives in southern Oregon and they've been having a horrible summer with all the smoke. He has a wonderful way of making the best of things with his sense of humor. He sent me this little anecdote:

I told one of the bus drivers recently I felt he should give up smoking. His response was, " I can't because I would miss my favorite brands, --Fir and Hemlock." :lol:
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Sorry to hear that. This year has been good, but the fires here last year were awful. And the smoke would settle in town overnight, so early in the morning opening the front door was a choking, smelly nightmare. A high quality air filter on the central air helped a lot.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,648
    Sorry to hear that. This year has been good, but the fires here last year were awful. And the smoke would settle in town overnight, so early in the morning opening the front door was a choking, smelly nightmare. A high quality air filter on the central air helped a lot.

We live in the foothills of the Sierras and this will probably be a long fire season. I'm glad I've got a good air cleaner as well. It's pretty difficult to live around here without one.

Any Southern Oregonians out there, goods thoughts go out for you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.