Options

Pearl Jam Bootlegs 2006

edited December 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
We wanted to post an FAQ to help answer a few people’s questions about the current bootleg program.

Q: Where do I find the bootlegs?
A: The bootlegs can be accessed from http://bootlegs.pearljam.com
Please note that if you have installed the previous bootleg application and are trying to go directly into the system, you will need to go to http://bootlegs.pearljam.com and install the new version.

Q: When are the shows available for download?
A: Shows will typically be available 24-48 hours after the show ends. The first couple shows in Toronto will be posted a bit slower than the rest of the tour. Ideally we are doing our best to have the majority of shows posted by the following night.

Q: I have purchased the show, but the start button is not illuminated, what’s wrong???
A: This means the show is not available for download yet. Once it has been uploaded into the system, the start button will work.

Q: Can I pre-purchase the shows?
A: Absolutely. You can pre-purchase the shows before they happen and then download them once they are posted. You can also set your “preferences” to automatically download the shows when available.

Q: Are these soundboard recordings?
A: NO! This is one of the biggest misconceptions about the bootleg program. Every Pearl Jam concert is multi-track recorded from a separate split taken from the stage and professionally mixed for release by Brett Eliason. This is a SIGNIFICANT increase in quality over a soundboard recording, which is a raw recording of the mix being fed into the venue sound system

Q: My downloads are sometimes very slow, what's the cause of this?
A: The Basecamp network is directly connected to the world's largest and fasted CDN (Content Delivery Network). This is the same CDN used by Sony, Microsoft, iTunes etc. Even at moments when all Pearl Jam fans are simultaneously downloading, our collective usage is miniscule compared to the systems capabilities. If you are experiencing a slow download it is because your local provider is limiting your download speed, or the traffic on your local carriers network is extremely busy.

Q: What do I do if I am having a technical problem?
A: Please visit http://bootlegs.pearljam.com and launch the application. Click the “Customer Service” link and follow the instructions to get your question answered. NOTE: We will NOT be responding to posts on the board or private messages. Please use the online form to send all questions/comments.

Q: Can you help let us know when shows are available?
A: Yes, we are going to begin posting advisories on the boards to let fans know what time shows are likely to be posted, and then confirm them when they are.

Q: I have never used FLAC files before, can you teach me how to use them?
A: We are advising non-experts to purchase MP3’s. Basecamp will not be offering customer support for FLAC users beyond pointing them to a number of resources on the web where they can educate themselves. The Pearl Jam community is also a great resource to help learn about FLAC files. The simple fact is that they are not for ALL users. If you listen to most of your music on your computer or on your portable digital player, we’d suggest you purchase MP3’s.

Q: Are the MP3’s still going to be quality?
A: Absolutely, in fact we have INCREASED the bit rate of the MP3’s on this tour from 192K to 256K.

Q: Why are songs sometimes grouped together? For example on the Toronto 1 boot, why are Grievance, Daughter and Not For You combined into a single track?
A: When the performance does not stop between songs, when the drum and bass flow from one song into the next, the songs will sometimes be left together as that is how the band wanted the performance to be heard.

We will be posting more here in the coming weeks as needed. Once again, if you have any questions or comments please go to http://bootlegs.pearljam.com and use the feedback form there. Thanks!

Basecamp Productions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    thanks........
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    evanevan Posts: 27
    Is there any idea when Toronto is projected to be up? I'm being a pain only because I'm desperate to have something to listen to during the 3 hour drive to Albany. :-)
  • Options
    tbone1tbone1 Posts: 21
    Thank you. Sorry for the bitchin we just need some "new live pj to listen to!!"
    Only real stars can rock an arena while sitting down with a notebook and a bottle of wine.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Thanks for clearing all that up!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,126
    Good idea to have a FAQ....but one of the most frequently asked questions is not included.

Will actual cd's ever be available, and if not....Why?
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    what new version is there to install...all i see is a link that launches the program...not a download for the program
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    Good idea to have a FAQ....but one of the most frequently asked questions is not included.

Yeah, that's my question. Do we get cds? I have three friends who were at the show last night who want me to get them bootlegs when I get mine, which won't be possible if it's only available for download.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    what will the artwork be like...hopefully different than 2005...
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    How do I access the music? I've bought shows and got conf. email but there's no DL manager! Whats going on?
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Milestone wrote:

Just trying to help, but that's not a question to ask Basecamp. They run the bootleg download program and have nothing to do with physical CD's being released.

That question should be directed to the 10c.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    How do I access the music? I've bought shows and got conf. email but there's no DL manager! Whats going on?

If you bought the 2006 shows, they're not available yet. You will be able to download them once they are made available. If you bought 2005 shows or the Vault show, then just go to http://bootlegs2.pearljam.com/ and launch the web application. Sign in, click on the show you bought, and then hit start. It's that easy. This version doesn't require any software downloads or anything like that, you don't have to install it. You can just run it right in your web browser. I do believe you need to have the latest verison of Java in order to sign in, though.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Yeah, that's my question. Do we get cds? I have three friends who were at the show last night who want me to get them bootlegs when I get mine, which won't be possible if it's only available for download.

CD's are a thing of the past.

Why can't you get your friends the bootleg? They can buy it themselves on the website and burn it, or if they don't have the equipment, you can do it for them.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    ewester032687ewester032687 Posts: 149
    A: NO! This is one of the biggest misconceptions about the bootleg program. Every Pearl Jam concert is multi-track recorded from a separate split taken from the stage and professionally mixed for release by Brett Eliason. This is a SIGNIFICANT increase in quality over a soundboard recording, which is a raw recording of the mix being fed into the venue sound system
    Does this mean a change has been made or were 2005 the same thing?
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I wrote an email to Kat asking about cd's and she directed me towards the downloadable bootlegs. I think she misread my question.

Email info@tenclub.net and see if you get an answer. If you do please make a thread so we can all know for sure.
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I wrote an email to Kat asking about cd's....

:rolleyes:
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    People still don't seem to be able to get over the fact that there won't be CDs. If there were, something would have been said by now.

Whether we like it or not, CDs are a thing of the past when it comes to the bootlegs, downloads are the way forward. I personally love CD bootlegs, but the downloads sound great and i put them on CD anyway!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    komienskikomienski Posts: 6
    256? that's awesome actually... might just go for the mp3s now that I know that
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    komienski wrote:
    256? that's awesome actually... might just go for the mp3s now that I know that

the problem is.. they are nowhere to be found! :)
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    komienskikomienski Posts: 6
    kerrang wrote:
    nowhere to be found! :)

conveniently? you just got MITS in my head

anyway toronto 1 is up and it sounds amazing...
  • Options
    Bravesfan21Bravesfan21 Posts: 37
    Will the Irving Plaza show ever be put up as a downloadable bootleg? That set list was really good and I would like to add it to my collection.

Thanks
  • Options
    People still don't seem to be able to get over the fact that there won't be CDs. If there were, something would have been said by now.

Whether we like it or not, CDs are a thing of the past when it comes to the bootlegs, downloads are the way forward. I personally love CD bootlegs, but the downloads sound great and i put them on CD anyway!

all very well for those who have computers. i dont even own one and have to drop into the library every morning to see the previous night's setlist. there's a joy in playing the physical cd rather than a download.
  • Options
    FAQ Update!

Thanks

BCP
  • Options
    eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    all very well for those who have computers. i dont even own one and have to drop into the library every morning to see the previous night's setlist. there's a joy in playing the physical cd rather than a download.

Especially considering the fact that my computer has absolutely no hard drive on it I think this is a pretty ridiculous idea. I mean granted its good for those who want the music right away and ill prob buy a set list or two that i like immediately just out of need for live Pj, but come on cds as a thing of the past?? Itunes releases most new cds and i still buy them when they come out. There is nothing like having a true hard copy. CD-R's blow ass in my opinion. They dont work in my car, or my main stereo which are both of VERY high quality. This is typical of many burned cds. Also tell me there is not a joy in owning one of the limited edition concerts when they are released on cd. As someone who has almost 50 shows from 00 and 03 I would be utterly disappointed if this "mp3" format was the only release. Plus after reading of about the many problems and complaints with both FLAC and the mp3 Ifeel compelled to say that never once did i complain about the cd quality of past released bootlegs ive purchased so that also tells you something...
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    eloesch1 wrote:
    Especially considering the fact that my computer has absolutely no hard drive on it I think this is a pretty ridiculous idea. I mean granted its good for those who want the music right away and ill prob buy a set list or two that i like immediately just out of need for live Pj, but come on cds as a thing of the past?? Itunes releases most new cds and i still buy them when they come out. There is nothing like having a true hard copy. CD-R's blow ass in my opinion. They dont work in my car, or my main stereo which are both of VERY high quality. This is typical of many burned cds. Also tell me there is not a joy in owning one of the limited edition concerts when they are released on cd. As someone who has almost 50 shows from 00 and 03 I would be utterly disappointed if this "mp3" format was the only release. Plus after reading of about the many problems and complaints with both FLAC and the mp3 Ifeel compelled to say that never once did i complain about the cd quality of past released bootlegs ive purchased so that also tells you something...

Absolutely! So far, all the 2006 boots (except maybe Hartford) have been sub-standard in some way. Either the mix sucks, or there are errors of some sort. IMO the Pearl Jam boots have never sounded worse.
  • Options
    HnRPufnstufHnRPufnstuf Posts: 37
    um... just out of curiousity, when exactly did Itunes start actually releasing CDs? that is some news to the general public; I'm sure that Steve Jobs would love to hear that.

Additionally, if your stereo system is of "really high quality" and was purchased within the last 3-4 years, then it should play CDRs without any problem; my crappy AIWA bookshelf system that i've had for the past 5 yrs manages just fine. i don't think that burned CDs not playing on most systems is actually a common complaint; otherwise people wouldn't burn music.

eloesch1 wrote:
  • Options
    nightfly107nightfly107 Posts: 67
    At least there are bootlegs! Id rather have something then have to find a half assed recorded audience recording with someone talking in the background.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    So no actual official bootleg CD releases like in 2000 & 2003?? That sucks...they were cool collectibles. I mean, the downloadable ones are great cause you get them right after the show, but the official bootleg releases were cool to trade and collect. Oh well, just ranting.....

all4
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i conquer (as I just posted). The official cd bootleg releases were cool to trade and collect. Now, all we will have are a bunch of burned shows on CDs. Which is great cause we get the bootleg immediately after the show, but the bootlegs from '00 & '03 were awesome

all4
  • Options
    bilash31bilash31 Posts: 3
    We wanted to post an FAQ to help answer a few people’s questions about the current bootleg program.

Basecamp Productions

I was wondering if anyone who downloaded Camden 5/28/2006 noticed that the dedication of Black to my son Sebastian was omitted?
    My question is: can anyone direct me where to go to check if there is a possibility of obtaining the "original" concert recording? I noticed the mention of the "mixed for release" comment and assume it was a judgement call to eliminate this particular part. However, seeing as it is unbelieveably important to me, I was hoping I could get some direction.
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    bilash31bilash31 Posts: 3
    quote]

My question is if there are not going to be cd's, why is artwork for a front and back cover for a cd included in the download? I don't think we are supposed to print out cd-foramtted paper covers and then buy/borrow empty cases, etc.

I think cd's will be offered post-tour and to tame the need for live PJ, the downloads are an intermediate offering. Don't take my word for it, just my perception.