Options

single video theory

edited August 2013 in The Porch
just watched this after not seeing it for years, forgot how good it is. wish they had a sessions dvd for each album maybe it will happen for lightning bolt?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yeah me too, especially of Riot Act.

If you think about it, they have released something following album since then.

Yield - Single Video Theory
    Binaural - Touring Band 2000
    Riot Act - Live at the Showbox / Live at the Garden
    Pearl Jam - Immagine in Cornice
    Backspacer - Pearl Jam Twenty
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    i dont think those were album sessions for yield, pretty sure they were rehearsals for the oakland shows in nov '97 opening for the stones, the album was already made just not released yet.
  • Options
    beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    i love it, too. mark pellington did an amazing job.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    mrpink90 wrote:
    i dont think those were album sessions for yield, pretty sure they were rehearsals for the oakland shows in nov '97 opening for the stones, the album was already made just not released yet.

Judging from the timeline, this makes the most sense.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,340
    yeah me too, especially of Riot Act.

:thumbup: :-D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    "I can't get to the ebow."
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    mrpink90 wrote:

Judging from the timeline, this makes the most sense.

That's what I always thought as well!

And the whole chat they have about the e-bow only helps prove it.

There are also clips of other songs – Immortality (solo) and Daughter (brief Intro). I would loved to have heard other pre-Yield songs from that rehearsal.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Great to see this again today.....peak of their creativity
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,253
    I remember watching this when I would get home from school my senior year, Still have that VHS on my shelf in my room at my parents house next to the X-Files compilations box sets I had on VHS. Good times. It was basically impossible to get any other video of the band performing at that time unless they were on late night TV so this was a god send. Really wish they would have kept doing something like this for Binaural and Riot Act. I guess the official bootlegs and Touring Band covered that aspect.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,477
    Love SVT
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,837
    Yes SVT is my favorite!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,117
    Avocado has that AOL sessions thing.

Backspacer had the Danny Clinch behind the scenes short doc.

Lightning bolt had some interviews atleast.

Sort of similiar to SVT.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    SVT is my all time favorite PJ doc.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560
    Love that Stone was picking on Ed!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Love SVT!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Eddie Vedder: You know, people say it's like a marriage, but it's not, I don't think we are married. I think we come back because we want to and... um... and we can go other places if we want. Someone could walk in and say, 'Look, I'm going to take a year off' and what would we do?
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    "I used to think singing wasn't dignified. Idiot." - Ed
    "Oh yeah. At the end. Sure. I'll be there for you baby" - Stone

LOVE Single Video Theory
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    mrpink90 said:

Correct. There's a scene where the band's calendar is visible and if you freeze frame the image the notes indicate the Oakland shows coming up along with the travel dates.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    awesome
    danny d
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    been too long since I watched this. great video
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,340
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,477
    Watched it this weekend. Loved it again
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,018
    I haven't seen it in years, but my favorite line, I believe from Stone to Mike: "They developed this thing in the 70s called keeping time."
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    Yield is my favorite PJ CD and SVT is my favorite DVD. What a time!
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,357
    This is not for sale in the shop, is it? Does one have to purchase it on amazon to watch it these days? The above youtube link (which I tried on my own last week) is only the fist two minutes.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    rummy said:

This is not for sale in the shop, is it? Does one have to purchase it on amazon to watch it these days? The above youtube link (which I tried on my own last week) is only the fist two minutes.

Plenty of super affordable DVD's on eBay (where you don't have to support slaveazon!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    edited April 2017
    Maybe try your local used record/cd store? There's one here in Edmonton called Revolver that stocks music DVDs too.
    Post edited by ShanKathy on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    tbergs said:

I remember watching this when I would get home from school my senior year, Still have that VHS on my shelf in my room at my parents house next to the X-Files compilations box sets I had on VHS. Good times. It was basically impossible to get any other video of the band performing at that time unless they were on late night TV so this was a god send. Really wish they would have kept doing something like this for Binaural and Riot Act. I guess the official bootlegs and Touring Band covered that aspect.

Same here! Except my local record shop used to have tons off bootlegs, both on cd and VHS, so I remember watching tower records, a vegas show, a New Orleans one, a few Canadian shows, etc. one of us would buy one and copy it for everyone else.... the days when you could copy VHS but not cds... oh my
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Under 10 on the bay