Options

dating an ex

bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I dated a girl for 3 years. we have been broken up for about 3 years. I broke up with her. it was kinda sudden. she was devastate, I was furious(too long a story, no cheating or anything). I always thought about her, even when I was in a relationship with somebody I really liked.

recently we were at a wedding and started to talk, and now I really cant stop thinkin about her. she has a boyfriend who i kinda know and I know he is a very good guy who treats her good...I still hate him. they have been together for like 2years,but I also know she still has feelings for me and will probably leave him for me(I know b/c we might have fooled around at the wedding)

I just feel like if I say something and we get back together, what if it doesn't work out again. then she gets hurt by me again and also loses the guy she has now and i will feel terrible that I broke up her happiness for nothing.
but I guess she cant be too happy if she slept with me last week.

what u think

oh yeah..she really digs pj. she thanked me for that at the wedding
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    Sounds like a hoe.....but hey if you like that kinda stuff by all means
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    After reading your story, here are a couple of my thoughts:

1) I realize that you and her had a past relationship, but I think it's kind of classless of you to fool around with her at a wedding ..... when you knew she was in another relationship with a 'good guy'.

2) Once a cheater always a cheater..... I hope things work out for you for the best - in the long run.
  • Options
    bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
    BF89905 wrote:

1) I realize that you and her had a past relationship, but I think it's kind of classless of you to fool around with her at a wedding ..... when you knew she was in another relationship with a 'good guy'.

2) Once a cheater always a cheater..... I hope things work out for you for the best - in the long run.

yea, both great points .. unfortunately for me

not my proudest day, didn't tell anybody b/c I am pretty embarrassed by it
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    When I go to the fridge and the milk is bad, I never put it back in and try again the next day..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Caveeze wrote:
    When I go to the fridge and the milk is bad, I never put it back in and try again the next day..

:lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Caveeze wrote:

that was beautiful man!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    She is a EX for a reason. I've done that and it ended in nothing but disaster.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    JB23237 wrote:

fo show
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Seriously you have to ask???
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    JB23237 wrote:
    Don't call that girl a gardening utensil!!! Hooker ho is just h-o, no e.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Caveeze wrote:

I like this way of saying it! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Caveeze wrote:

Perfect!

I'm stealing it :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    this isnt easy to work out..better move on to new adventures..

let me give you an exable...

think your self as a little Bee

go smell others flowers ...there are millions out there..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol::lol::clap::clap:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    bambam87 wrote:
    not my proudest day, didn't tell anybody b/c I am pretty embarrassed by it

Irony
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Back story of why you broke up please. It's the internet, no story is too long.

Coat closet?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol: Well put.

You guys broke up for a reason, and -- speaking from personal experience -- those reasons never really go away. Even if it feels like those reasons don't apply anymore, there is bound to be all sorts of lingering feelings ... resentment, fear, betrayal, abandonment, etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    thread is useless without pics
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I'm going through this with my Best Friend

He's the nice guy in your scenario, his wife of 15 years is your ex-girlfriend, and you are the guy who could not forget about her and she was the best you ever had...

Move on.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Caveeze wrote:

:lol: That is awesome! I was just thinking, why get back with her and deny the thousands of others surely waiting the opportunity at experiencing your gift....I mean, YOU dumped her and she still can't get over you....its guys like you that ruin it for the good ones (like her current boyfriend)....check it! (that ego) :fp:
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Why was her BF not her date at the wedding?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    BF89905 wrote:

Perfectly said.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,930
    Caveeze wrote:

So happy I read this thread, as this is by far the greatest sentence I've ever read. Ditto on the sentiment.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    I think she has a boyfriend and you should back off. If it didn't work out the first time, there is no reason to think it would work out the second time when she's with someone else.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    Caveeze wrote:
    :lol: :thumbup:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think she has a boyfriend and you should back off.
    Yeah. At this point in my life, I don't get how someone would want to be with one who cheated on their boyfriend/husband to be with you...or how someone can just, well, fuck someone knowing full well they have a boyfriend.

Self-restraint, discipline, maybe a shred of integrity...hello?

Frankly, OP, if you pursue this, and she goes along, you both deserve any repercussions or fallout. This situation screams for some kind of lifelesson to be learned (if it's learned the hard way, so be it).

(and if you do get back with her, won't you always be wondering who she's sleeping with on the side?)
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    hedonist wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think she has a boyfriend and you should back off.
    Yeah. At this point in my life, I don't get how someone would want to be with one who cheated on their boyfriend/husband to be with you...or how someone can just, well, fuck someone knowing full well they have a boyfriend.

People can do a lot a stupid things on impulse if the opportunity presents itself so I don't necessarily think it means this girl has a pattern of cheating. Most people regret it when they do something stupid and try to learn from it so maybe she will too.

OTOH it has to be quite an impulse to cheat on your boyfriend at a wedding. At least it wasn't her wedding. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

People can do a lot a stupid things on impulse if the opportunity presents itself so I don't necessarily think it means this girl has a pattern of cheating. Most people regret it when they do something stupid and try to learn from it so maybe she will too.

OTOH it has to be quite an impulse to cheat on your boyfriend at a wedding. At least it wasn't her wedding. :lol:
    No, I hear you. Yet it sounds like he not only messed around with her knowing she's in a (semi) long-term relationship, but now wants to get back with her?

How does that even work?

Nope, don't get it!

(and I feel for her good-guy boyfriend)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Both of you are classless for hooking up at the wedding i hope the good guy finds out and throws her ass in the garbage so you can end up together at least you guys have something in common , trash ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....