Advice for new Earphones <$250

ME91059ME91059 Posts: 49
edited September 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm looking for some new earphones as my Bose earphones I've had for about 5 years finally packed up. I listen to my iPod daily for about 4 hours on my commute and at work. I play drums and looking for something that isolates quite well. I also ride a motorbike, so need something I can wear under a helmet and for extended periods of time.

I love listening to good quality music and most music I listen to is rock and acoustic, though don't mind the odd R&B or pop song.

Most reviews are very neutral and with earphones, you can't really try them out in the shop.

My price point won't go as far as custom IEM.

Currently I'm looking at the Shure E315 or Audiofly A78?

Does anyone use these or use others that they swear by?

Glad to look at something new.

Thanks.
M
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
    I am in no way an earphone expert. But I have a pair of Audiofly A78 for when I rattle around in a train to work, and I like the sound they deliver. I normally listen to the music on my phone, a mix of PJ, Metallica, Skynard, Fun Lovin' Criminals and the different Tarantino soundtracks etc. Every now and Again I also listen to different pod-casts and audiobooks, and they still sound good.
    As I said I am no Expert but for the Price, the size and the feel in the ear I like them. And I have no idea how they would work under a helmet, but when I walk to the trainstation, the traffic around me isn't muffled out, so I can still hear if I am about to be plowed Down by an ambulance or the likes.

- I have no experience with the other ones you mentioned.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-momentum

These are mine for in the train, they are excellent. Quality , fabulous sound.

I have the over ears, recently on ears came out.
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan