Options

don't you love it??

jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
i know and believe that is all about music and i know that pj have proved it..
but don't you love it when ed speaks between the songs in every show..i'm hanging from his lips..
here are some of ed's great little speeches.enjoy it..discuss it..and show me what you got!!

Hey listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fucking quarter out here and we're outta here, I'm tellin ya, FUCKER! What the fuck? You're blowin' it for fucking everybody! Hit me with a fucking quarter again, and fuck it, I'm outta here! We're all outta here! Fuck you! And if anyone sees someone throw afucking, change right next to 'em, you have my permission to personally beat the fucking holy shit out of em! Thank you very much! Fucking idiot! Ahhhhhh.... That felt good!' ~E.V. @ Greatwoods For The Performing Arts, Mansfield MA Summer September 16, 1998

Eddie in Raleigh, 4/15/03: 'If you dont stand for something, you'll fall through anything.'

The only fuckin reason you guys chant my name is cuz I'm the only guy in the band whose name has two syllables. We call Stone 'Stoney.' You could chant that ... Stoney, Stoney.

Behave like rock stars, not like the President

We have to live up to the expectations of a million people. And we can't do that. ....and then, there's a cynical fucking media ontop of that. Fuck them. Fuck that. They question your fucking honesty. They think it's all a fucking game. They don't know what's real.... and when someone comes along who's trying to be real, they don't know the fucking difference.

In America we like to have fun. Because we are an advanced culture... we live in a very advanced society and have a futuristic way of taking care of our population problem... we give each other guns and kill each other.

They call you guys Generation X... that's bullshit. They should call you Generation Why... or maybe Generation ZZZ 'cause you're falling asleep.

Advice to the kids... don't drink when you're sick... more advice: don't get sick when you drink (3/10/94).

Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music

While holding up two fingers toward the croud at the April 25, 2003 Cleveland show, Ed: 'By the way... this isn't a fuck you to the troops. One finger makes a big difference.'

So there's this big rumor around that we want to clear up right now ... we're NOT from Seattle. I just had to say it because if someone else asks me about the 'Seattle scene' one more time, I think I'm gonna puke, piss and shit all at the same time.

Eddie at Detroit 6/26/03: 'Don't be inspired by bullshit, cause it's out there. It will only inspire you to be a bullshit person yourself and a hollow empty human being and you'll die and leave nothing left on the earth except the things that you took away from it. There's so many great things you can do in this world.'

Some people say I have a death wish. That's not true. I have a whole life wish.

Eddie before playing Habit in Champaign 2003: 'This one's for all you high on Crystal Meth tonight...thank-you very much!'

Stone has the guts to fly here in a helicopter, but he's too scared to play Breath.

You f*ckin' cocksuckers... you f*ckin' bitch... you f*ckin'... you know we come up here as a collective band and we give and we give and you just f*ckin' want more... and you know what - YOU DESERVE IT!... this is some kind of organized religion here... you see what's happening... you see... be the third night in a row right?... third night in a row this same thing's gone on... WELL F*CK YOU WE'RE GONNA PLAY IT!!! oh tonight began with anything... how's that? shadows, light, a warm breath and a scream .....

Do you want a message?. .....Do you want a message?.... Kill your local rapist.........but torture him first....... then serve him to one of your enemies for dinner.....I'll cook.

Eddie, Buffalo 5/2/03: 'There is this thing called a curfew and sometimes the fine can be a lot of money crowd-BOOOOO)... but we talked about it in the back... and the reason I am able to come out here and take my time is because Mike McCready agreed to pay the fine tonight.. Crowd goes insane!!'

Eddie quote at April 29 show in at the Pepsi Arena in Albany NY, 'Wow this is great (points to higher seats), great place to smoke up there.'

Eddie trying to get the crowd to be quiet on March 3, 1998 in Melbourne: 'I dunno if you're actually saying anything we're meant to hear, but from up here it just sounds like, I wanna fuck you Eddie.'

If little George Dubya Bush wins [the 2000 election] the band is applying for Canadian Citizenship.

hope is the antidote!!showbox,seattle 12-6-02
''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    he has to be the best mumbler in the world! :)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    The only fuckin reason you guys chant my name is cuz I'm the only guy in the band whose name has two syllables. We call Stone 'Stoney.' You could chant that ... Stoney, Stoney.

LMMFAO....that shit is funny....
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!
  • Options
    live in berlin 23-09-2006

''this one is called..this is about something we have in america..everywhere but in america...GREEN DISEASE!!''
  • Options
    live in toronto 28/06/03

''let's make a survey..hare's the question..wait for the answers..
    do you support the u.s. actions taking at Iraq?
    a.NO I don't believe in killing of innocent people and i think the threat of weapons of mass destructions was exaggutated in order to make the american people to support the war...
    b.YES I'm an idiot..."
    madness...
    and they play ''insignificance''