Options

Jack White vs. Dan Auerbach

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    It's petty, but Jack has a point. Black Keys basically ripped off the Stripes. He'll even their name is a nod to the stripes.

yeah because the years before The White Stripes even released their debut album, Dan said "lets rip off the sound of this album that hasn't even been released yet from this group that hasn't been signed" lol. The Black Keys got their name from a message on their answering machine and the duo started making blues music in 1996 (that's 3 years before The White Stripes made their debut album). They were playing in bars, high schools, and basement parties when the WS were hitting it big. I really dont think that the Black Keys have ripped off anyone...its blues music for heavens sake. It's an entire genre, not the riff of a song. If I started strumming a simple folk tune on my acoustic would you say that I'm ripping off Bob Dylan? God i hope not... :lol:
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Being insanely talented doesn't make you a great human being. Jack White's music speaks for itself and I don't really care about the rest of the situation.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I do enjoy the black keys, but I like the white stripes more and Jack's other projects as well.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Both are great musicians! Fortunately I don't care about their personal lives. Just keep making awesome music!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    WhyGo91 wrote:
    It's petty, but Jack has a point. Black Keys basically ripped off the Stripes. He'll even their name is a nod to the stripes.

yeah because the years before The White Stripes even released their debut album, Dan said "lets rip off the sound of this album that hasn't even been released yet from this group that hasn't been signed" lol. The Black Keys got their name from a message on their answering machine and the duo started making blues music in 1996 (that's 3 years before The White Stripes made their debut album). They were playing in bars, high schools, and basement parties when the WS were hitting it big. I really dont think that the Black Keys have ripped off anyone...its blues music for heavens sake. It's an entire genre, not the riff of a song. If I started strumming a simple folk tune on my acoustic would you say that I'm ripping off Bob Dylan? God i hope not... :lol:

I thought he meant he ripped them off because they've both released a handful of good songs amidst a steaming pile of blues-mediocrity....and they both like cats.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Ehh, whatever. People can say what they want but Jack is awesome. Hardly a tune of his that I haven't liked. Used to dig the Black Keys but have more or less lost interest in them the last couple albums.

This is not about tunes it's about him being a dick about hi's kid being in the same school as Dan's kid . that makes him a Douche Dick he should name hi's next song that .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    How quickly would this get locked if it were about people centered around a different band?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    they should both be pissed at band of skulls
    did you see me? i saw you.