Options

Some Song Called Leash...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Today's number of days without Leash is brought to you by Jeff Ament's home state's area code.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSss4x0jK-zA77yFF6dQSmoN2IJJRIjdM6B5K4Jo3TWa8WYSaHQCA
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited August 2013
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    I wanted to back off and let you have your thread, but I couldn't pass up 406. It's all yours now. :mrgreen:
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited August 2013
    There are a lot of people on the board recently with "Please Play" or "Official Petition" threads and it's really a bummer. The band goes out of their way once to dedicate a song to a guy who lost the love of his life and now everyone thinks that if they're persistent enough or have a sad enough story they'll get a song at a show they're attending.

I started this thread because I thought it would be funny to see how long it would go. I remember reading that there was something like over 4000 days between performances of Leash. I wasn't ever asking them to play it at a show I was going to, I just wanted to see how long I could get this to go. Last night though, I was thinking how this could be interpreted as a "Please Play" thread and that's not what my intention ever was. I don't ever think the band should feel obligated to fill anyone's request, and I certainly don't think the band should be pressured into letting someone white an entire set for them. Ever. I love the mix/variety/ebbs and flows that Ed and the guys piece together every night and I would love to continue to see that happen.

I'm leaving this thread buried. I don't want it bumped anymore as I really don't want go give the impression that I wanted this to "be seen by someone" and have the song played.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on