Options

MADRID-anyone?

jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I don't see much activity on here for Madrid. Is there many making the journey and braving the sunshine? Staying in the centre ourselves, near Puerto del sol-Hotel Persal, very good price for central Madrid-and right down the road from all the sites and right on the underground line, and a couple of top notch Irish bars apparently. Dubliners being the one, so with 2 days at Festimad yet 3 days in Madrid, should find tome to make new friends in the Spanish capital. Also, anyone know any other bands at this festival yet? Love to all.

London 1992
Cardiff 2000
Berlin 2006
Madrid 2007
I came, I saw, I concurred.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'll be there. Waiting for some more announcements myself.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'm going, bought the ticket and flights (stupid flight from Lisbon is cheaper buying a return than a single :rolleyes: )..haven't looked at accommodation yet though.
  • Options
    I am hoping to go (from London), as tickets aren't too pricey (the shipping fee aside :mad: ) and it's on a Saturday. I am however skint as a tramp at the moment, so I'm unable to order just yet... I doubt it'll be sold out that soon anyway.

The last time I was in Madrid I managed to find a hostel in the centre for about 15 euros. Cracks in the wall and no windows but it was a bed.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I am hoping to go (from London), as tickets aren't too pricey (the shipping fee aside :mad: ) and it's on a Saturday. I am however skint as a tramp at the moment, so I'm unable to order just yet... I doubt it'll be sold out that soon anyway.

The last time I was in Madrid I managed to find a hostel in the centre for about 15 euros. Cracks in the wall and no windows but it was a bed.
    don't cough up the shipping fee and pick it up on the day..that's what I'm doing.
  • Options
    i'll be there with other hungarian friends
    booked flights and hostel (jut by grand via)
    looking forward to see the whole lineup
    hoping to meet as many of you as we can
    cant wait

:D
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Anyone who's happy to stay in a hostel, then go to http://www.ryanair.com and follow their link for hostels. I think you go through to hostel world.com or something, but the beds are as cheap as chips. The hotel I'm in is 90euros per night for a twin room with brekkie, that only works out at around £30 each per night-and if you look at the price of some of the other central Madrid hotels then you'll see what a good price it is.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    There has been another Madrid thread so the starter of this one should search back to get appropriate information;)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1