Options

Cameras at the Gorge

canuck_rockercanuck_rocker Posts: 108
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
According to the Gorge website digital cameras are not allowed, but do many people sneak the cameras in? I'm just wondering if I'd be able to have my camera case at the bottom of the bag and if they find it then I could just dart back to the campground and put it in my vehicle. I'm just wondering what you think my odds are of getting in with it, if they mention anything inside, and if they let you go back to the campground to put it away. Thanks.
Vancouver 9/2/05
Gorge 7/23/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    According to the Gorge website digital cameras are not allowed, but do many people sneak the cameras in? I'm just wondering if I'd be able to have my camera case at the bottom of the bag and if they find it then I could just dart back to the campground and put it in my vehicle. I'm just wondering what you think my odds are of getting in with it, if they mention anything inside, and if they let you go back to the campground to put it away. Thanks.

So here is how I get my camera into the gorge. If you are a guy, I attached the little wrist strap that comes with the camera to the camera and then put the strap around the button on my pants/shorts so it hangs down around my 'area'. They don't pat you down in that area and as long as your pants are loose enough as to hide the bulge that would otherwise result from the camera being there, you should be fine.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    TacoJammer wrote:
    So here is how I get my camera into the gorge. If you are a guy, I attached the little wrist strap that comes with the camera to the camera and then put the strap around the button on my pants/shorts so it hangs down around my 'area'. They don't pat you down in that area and as long as your pants are loose enough as to hide the bulge that would otherwise result from the camera being there, you should be fine.

Hahaha interesting... I don't think I got like a wrist band on it it's kind of a bulgin case... I'm not sure how much of a benefit of the doubt I'd get from security, they'd maybe be worried about something else :D... if I did get caught though would I be able to bring it back to the campground and leave it there?
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • Options
    Hahaha interesting... I don't think I got like a wrist band on it it's kind of a bulgin case... I'm not sure how much of a benefit of the doubt I'd get from security, they'd maybe be worried about something else :D... if I did get caught though would I be able to bring it back to the campground and leave it there?

Yeah, I recall they do the searches prior to them taking your ticket so you have a chance to turn around and dump what you can't bring in back at your car, or in your case the campsite.

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    TacoJammer wrote:
    Yeah, I recall they do the searches prior to them taking your ticket so you have a chance to turn around and dump what you can't bring in back at your car, or in your case the campsite.

Sweet thanks... if they caught me inside though do you think it'd be confiscated?
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • Options
    Sweet thanks... if they caught me inside though do you think it'd be confiscated?

no. I've been to tons of shows at the Gorge including PJ last Sept. and tons of people had cameras, security didn't care at all. Besides PJ's stance on it is that they are allowed, so they probably tell security not to do anything about them. You should be fine. I'm bringing mine in, I am not concerned one bit. Also if they were bitches about it, they would just want to take your memory card, they can't take your camera. I know it would suck to lose the memory card, but better than losing the camera. Like I said though, you shouldn't have a problem.

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    TacoJammer wrote:
    no. I've been to tons of shows at the Gorge including PJ last Sept. and tons of people had cameras, security didn't care at all. Besides PJ's stance on it is that they are allowed, so they probably tell security not to do anything about them. You should be fine. I'm bringing mine in, I am not concerned one bit. Also if they were bitches about it, they would just want to take your memory card, they can't take your camera. I know it would suck to lose the memory card, but better than losing the camera. Like I said though, you shouldn't have a problem.

That's awesome, thanks for the info. Gotta love this band!
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    i dont think you have to worry look at pj's website...cameras allowed.
    nuff said anyways i am getting ready to leave for the shows, see ya suckas there!!
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    PJ's policy overrides the Gorge's. Just to make sure I printed out PJ's policy and am taking it with us. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."