Options

PJ really needs to have higher allotment for fans.

2»

Comments

• Options
    TN70407TN70407 Posts: 206
    So in regards to the venue and ticketmaster.... It seems the 10c prices are about the same. So if the service charge can be added to the 10c tickets and given to ticketmaster and the venue gets the same cut of the door from 10c, isn't everyone happy? 10c gathers the info from members on who is interested in a show. Sells every ticket they can (and if demand is still too much, then lottery). Gives the service charge to ticketmaster or whoever is contractually obligated to that venue. Gives the venue their cut (I'm sure they do now) and what is left over goes to ticketmaster. Everyone wins right? I'm sure I'm missing something.

As long as ticketmaster gets what they normally then what's to complain about, unless the theories of them being involved in the secondary market are true....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    TN70407 wrote:
    So in regards to the venue and ticketmaster.... It seems the 10c prices are about the same. So if the service charge can be added to the 10c tickets and given to ticketmaster and the venue gets the same cut of the door from 10c, isn't everyone happy? 10c gathers the info from members on who is interested in a show. Sells every ticket they can (and if demand is still too much, then lottery). Gives the service charge to ticketmaster or whoever is contractually obligated to that venue. Gives the venue their cut (I'm sure they do now) and what is left over goes to ticketmaster. Everyone wins right? I'm sure I'm missing something.

As long as ticketmaster gets what they normally then what's to complain about, unless the theories of them being involved in the secondary market are true....
    so...what you saying here is..
    from 170 per pair the fanclub tickets goes + 200 per pair so they cut TM and venue fees(even more expensive for international buyers,cos fees are more expensive)
    regular fans got almost zero chance to score so they will join fan club to score tix,then high demand is there again
    TM has a product in their hands,they own it and cos they wll not lose fees from 20 shows pj do per year, will give it away to a fan club and lose all the momey for adv,they give away their monopoly,that they are number 1 in their thing ,they control the sale,they can put out tic as they like,sell to whoever they like ,keep tickets for favors at high demand shows,just for make pj fans and members of 10c happy??
    if i own TM i wouldnt do it for sure
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    the problem is that scalpers have found their way into the club
    it really sucks but there is no easy answer
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    the problem is that scalpers have found their way into the club
    it really sucks but there is no easy answer
    the problem most of all is members dont read the announvements,the emails,the rules,the ticket policy,theydont score and then they say whatever comes in mind..
    scalpers will find the way to join the club or buy all good tix from TM...
    atleast now,cant cheat the lottery..they have the same chances as the rest,cos cant touch the lottery,no power there anymore , as they could use with the f5 before..servers,links direct to check out page,fast internet connections..etc
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I'm not going to read 3 pages of this thread but I am going to voice my opinion.

You're total hypothesis is based on the face you don't think think the 10c scored as many tickets as they could of. I find this pretty hard to believe.

It's a pretty open fact that ticketmaster (and most other ticket agencies) put a cap on how many tickets a fan club can use up for a show. TM's limit is 10 percent, and many other agencies are in the ballpark. 10c for year seemed to find ways around it, but in the last 5 years or so this really seems to have subsided.

Whats the 10c supposed to do? Ticketmaster says this is your limit. What do they do then? 10c is in no position for bargaining power. Ticketmaster (or the odd regional equivalent) and Livenation have exclusive rights with most arena sized venues across the country. It's not like PJ/10c can say suck it, we'll use other venues. There are no other venues anymore.

PJ tours are short and sweet. It's a short burst of income for TM but not that much. PJ plays 25-30 shows in a good year, often less than 15....

10c has no bargaining power.

How do you suggest 10c gets TM to give them more tickets?
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    1. there are 200.000 active members,so the demand is crazy,especially when alot of them goes to multiple shows
    2. 10-pj dont own the venues so cant take the whole tickets,the companies own them will not just give all the profit from fees they get from selling tix to pj just to satisfy their fan club members
    3. non 10c members are fans too you know,they should have the right to see the band..no one is bigger fan cos pays 20$ per year than any other fan out there
    4.seniority Always has to do with seat location and not with scoring tix..ALWAYS was that way
    seniority counts AFTER and IF you score tix..
    if seniority has to do with score tix there is no point someone to become a member for first time or renew membership if become members the last years
    5.lottery has nothing to do with seniority same the previious system..old -new members shut out no matter the method they sell the tix,lottery has nothing to do with old members shut out..
    with any system you can score or shut out
    6.we pay membership PER YEAR..for 2013 we all must have the same chances...why seniority play it role to score tix??noone will become new member then
    2013..ALL current members same chances to score fan club tickets..easy-fair-logic-..have a good night

do you just have this saved somewhere for the next complaining post that will undoubtedly come up? :lol::D
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    1. there are 200.000 active members,so the demand is crazy,especially when alot of them goes to multiple shows
    2. 10-pj dont own the venues so cant take the whole tickets,the companies own them will not just give all the profit from fees they get from selling tix to pj just to satisfy their fan club members
    3. non 10c members are fans too you know,they should have the right to see the band..no one is bigger fan cos pays 20$ per year than any other fan out there
    4.seniority Always has to do with seat location and not with scoring tix..ALWAYS was that way
    seniority counts AFTER and IF you score tix..
    if seniority has to do with score tix there is no point someone to become a member for first time or renew membership if become members the last years
    5.lottery has nothing to do with seniority same the previious system..old -new members shut out no matter the method they sell the tix,lottery has nothing to do with old members shut out..
    with any system you can score or shut out
    6.we pay membership PER YEAR..for 2013 we all must have the same chances...why seniority play it role to score tix??noone will become new member then
    2013..ALL current members same chances to score fan club tickets..easy-fair-logic-..have a good night

do you just have this saved somewhere for the next complaining post that will undoubtedly come up? :lol::D
    great idea!! :lol:
  • Options
    Is the solution that PJ need to play larger venues? I know I prefer indoor shows but surely if tickets are selling out that fast then they need to play football stadiums and not arenas right?
    I used to be a member of REMs fanclub and getting tickets was easy. Members could buy tickets for multiple shows before public sale. I got all the tickets I wanted. They also played arenas in the winter and stadiums in the summer.
    This was in the UK and I'm unsure whether the U.S. fanclub operated the same. But surely there is a way to buy tickets through ticketmaster via 10C before public sale? Unless bridges were burnt with TM and this will never be possible.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,030
    TD-2243 wrote:
    1) PJ clearly needs to allot more tickets at venues. It seems that at every show in the last few years, at least some members of the 10C are getting shut out. The 10C repeatedly says that there are more requests than there are tickets.
    Would be great, but they would have gotten more if it was possible. They don't get as many as they want, they get as many as they can. They should A) play more shows or B) limit the lottery so that the tickets get spread out more even.
    TD-2243 wrote:
    2) The new lottery sucks. I truly feel for the people with higher seniority than me who were completely shut out. I feel extremely blessed to have "won" the tickets I did. I was shut out of the Dallas show, like many, many others. I joined in 1998 and am seeing members with 3 months of 'seniority' getting tickets. My friend, my wife and I had to buy three separate singles just to get into the show. There is something seriously wrong with this picture. We cannot afford Stubhub prices, so that isn't an option.
    Most people agree that the lottery doesn't suck (I think 80% or something was happy about it). WHen you joined has nothing to do with it - and "back then" they played more shows, the demand was less and I think you could only get one pair of fanclub tickets(?) (which might be an idea moving forward in some capacity).
    TD-2243 wrote:

Step 1: Make a list of each show and every member requesting tickets to that show
    Step 2: Arrange the list of members (for each show) by seniority
    Step 3: Grant the ticket requests by going down the list until the allotment is gone
    Haha. Get the fuck out. Seniority has never been a way to get tickets. And shouldn't be.
    TD-2243 wrote:
    Thanks for listening.
    Cool. And I think limiting the tickets per member in the lottery would deal with a lot of the problems. I don't think many people were shut out (percentage wise) from the lottery but less would be if you add into the lottery a system were it evens out a bit more.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    Why not playing bigger venues in those Citys where they know that 2k tix doesn't cover the demand , they are one of the few bands that Can reach out to the back of a festival crowd , and there must be bigger places in cities like NYC, LA, Philly, Seattle and Dallas and they Can still play "normal" venues in other Citys so people doesn't have to travel out of State .....

See you i Brooklyn and Philly
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    Why not playing bigger venues in those Citys where they know that 2k tix doesn't cover the demand , they are one of the few bands that Can reach out to the back of a festival crowd , and there must be bigger places in cities like NYC, LA, Philly, Seattle and Dallas and they Can still play "normal" venues in other Citys so people doesn't have to travel out of State .....

See you i Brooklyn and Philly
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    TD-2243TD-2243 Posts: 103
    So, obviously, there are some flaws in my thinking. If there are 200,000 members, then I guess the current set-up is fair and reasonable as far as dispersing tickets.

I agree with some of the other posters that bigger venues would be the next logical step. If 10% is all the 10C is allowed, then bumping up the total number of seats could help.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Too many shows to even begin to remember.
    Long live The Pearl Jams!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Some of my music...
    https://soundcloud.com/fingerchili
    ------------------------------------------------------------H