Options

New Approach: Vic Ticket for a NEW BEST FRIEND!

edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
After failing to secure tickets with money and posters, I have decided to offer you my most value able asset…

In exchange for a Vic ticket, I will become your new best friend and perform all the essential best friend tasks. Do you want to play Madden at 3:30 on Wednesday morning? I’m there! If you meet a girl (or guy) in a bar and need me to drive you back to her house in Bloomington to watch old episodes of Arrested Development? Done! You want me to skip work to go hang out in the Wrigley Bleachers for a 1:20 game? I’m buying your tickets and brining a portable stereo to listen to Pat and Ron.

In addition, I’m also a high school English teacher, so |I can offer you sage like advice on everything from how self-referentality in postmodern literature can best be delineated through a psychoanalytic comparison between Hamlet and Batman, to coping with your life after having an ugly baby (it can be traumatic).

I also have a media collection spanning well over 1,000 books, cd’s and DVD’s, ( a lot of which are unpublished manuscripts, and bootlegged concerts and films). As my new best friend, you have unlimited access to all of these things.

Please pm me if you’d like to learn more about how having me become your best friend in exchange for one Vic ticket will be the most important life decision you’ve ever made.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    After failing to secure tickets with money and posters, I have decided to offer you my most value able asset…

In exchange for a Vic ticket, I will become your new best friend and perform all the essential best friend tasks. Do you want to play Madden at 3:30 on Wednesday morning? I’m there! If you meet a girl (or guy) in a bar and need me to drive you back to her house in Bloomington to watch old episodes of Arrested Development? Done! You want me to skip work to go hang out in the Wrigley Bleachers for a 1:20 game? I’m buying your tickets and brining a portable stereo to listen to Pat and Ron.

In addition, I’m also a high school English teacher, so |I can offer you sage like advice on everything from how self-referentality in postmodern literature can best be delineated through a psychoanalytic comparison between Hamlet and Batman, to coping with your life after having an ugly baby (it can be traumatic).

I also have a media collection spanning well over 1,000 books, cd’s and DVD’s, ( a lot of which are unpublished manuscripts, and bootlegged concerts and films). As my new best friend, you have unlimited access to all of these things.

Please pm me if you’d like to learn more about how having me become your best friend in exchange for one Vic ticket will be the most important life decision you’ve ever made.

I'd edit out that part about Pat and Ron....that is more of a punishment than a benefit of friendship. Although, one could make an interesting drinking game of of Santo's unintelligible moans (also see: completely ignoring a half inning of baseball to tell a horrible story about how great the 1969 Cubs really were.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    to coping with your life after having an ugly baby (it can be traumatic).

LOL

That is funny

and I know funny
  • Options
    i will top that and offer you my life!!!

After the vic concert you can move into my place, take my girlfriend, leech off my parents, watch my tv, attend college, you can even have my hairstyle!!
    I will disappear into some far off desert and wonder for the rest of my days replaying the vic concert in my head
  • Options
    nordiquenordique Posts: 17
    i will top that and offer you my life!!!

After the vic concert you can move into my place, take my girlfriend, leech off my parents, watch my tv, attend college, you can even have my hairstyle!!
    I will disappear into some far off desert and wonder for the rest of my days replaying the vic concert in my head

How hot is your girlfriend?
    96: Toronto
    98: Montreal
    00: Toronto, Montreal
    03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC x2, Hershey
    04: Toledo, Grand Rapids
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06: Toronto x2
    07: The Vic, Lolla,
    08: EV Toronto x2
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=251853

Hey I'm first in line to get a ticket by offering friendship :p
    Offer still stands! BFF anyone (with a spare ticket)?

:cool:
  • Options
    I'm a bit surprised. It's been 40 mins and I haven't gotten any takers.

Did I mention that sometimes, on extremely rare occasions, in a certian light, and usually if your really tired and heavily sedated, and with squnited eyes and a bit of imagination I sort of look like Eddie?
  • Options
    Hey MVW,

If you and I don't get Vic tickets, maybe we could become best friends and hang outside the vic looking sad together!
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205

You live in Chicago? PM me your number... its about 50/50 that my friend who I'm roadtripping to Lolla with might bum out... she's not the biggest Pearl Jam fan but I offered her a free ticket to the Vic show to make sure we left super early (4am tomorrow) to drive to Chicago.

It will be a last minute thing I'm sorry but I have no control... I figured since you lived in Chicago, if I call you at 6pm it would be no biggie.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    I can't freaking believe you're taking a "not the biggest Pearl Jam fan" to the Vic and I can't find an extra ticket although I'm a huge fan. Life just isn't fair is it?
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    dthomasdthomas Posts: 99
    You live in Chicago? PM me your number... its about 50/50 that my friend who I'm roadtripping to Lolla with might bum out... she's not the biggest Pearl Jam fan but I offered her a free ticket to the Vic show to make sure we left super early (4am tomorrow) to drive to Chicago.

It will be a last minute thing I'm sorry but I have no control... I figured since you lived in Chicago, if I call you at 6pm it would be no biggie.
    Tried PMing but its full...sigh. People are so desperate right now. sad isn't it. Anyway if none of those are worthy please PM me when you clean out your inbox.
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    A + for creativity! Good luck in getting a hold of the person that just responded.

Hopefully all of us beggers roasting in the hot sun may be rewarded with some "pity tickets." Good luck to you all.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    I did get a hold of her and she has my phone number!
    I know it's a long shot, but I'm just so happy that 10C members really do look out for each other. And isn't that alone a wonderful feeling?