Mosquito bites

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Little bastards!!

We have practically no Mosquitos here. Back in the Midwest for a few days....still scratching!! :x

F!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    are you sure its mosquito bites?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Caveeze wrote:
    Quite.
    Smashed a dozen of those fuckers trying to bite my sweet self! :x
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    mca47 wrote:
    Little bastards!!
    !
    this
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    They don't like me [will shrug]
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    They love me :evil: and I'm not used to them, so the bites get big ...

I won't leave the house in the evening without taking a "shower" in Off or that natural citronella stuff. And I started eating vitamin B12, I read that this might help too. It's worth a try, right?
    Gardening is much more fun if they don't come close...
    They love me :evil: and I'm not used to them, so the bites get big ...

I won't leave the house in the evening without taking a "shower" in Off or that natural citronella stuff. And I started eating vitamin B12, I read that this might help too. It's worth a try, right?
    Gardening is much more fun if they don't come close...
    I used to get tons of bites as a kid...
    Now that I live in an otherwise mosquito-less area, when I go get bit, they are huge!
    Have one on the back of my leg that is about 3.5 inches in diameter. :x
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    im the same swell up like a mf...

up here the sell these b12 patches (apply like a cig patch) and last for a day or so. Very effective.

other than that i use the off candles/lanterns for patio and spray.

try looking for afterbite... really good for the itching.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Nami wrote:

up here the sell these b12 patches (apply like a cig patch) and last for a day or so. Very effective.

I heard about those patches! I need some...or maybe I should just take a bunch of B vitamins in the summer... :think:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Nami wrote:

I heard about those patches! I need some...or maybe I should just take a bunch of B vitamins in the summer... :think:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5 ... ?locale=en

thats the one we use pretty damn good. sure there are others out there tough.. convenient to have
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I heard that if you pee on them, they don't itch.

My SIL attracts mosquitos like crazy. Which is good for everyone els hanging out with her. Take one for the team!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    mca47 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    Quite.
    Sweet?!
    :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    Quite.
    Sweet?!
    :lol:
    Damn right! :lol:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hershey '03
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    Just let them bite you after a while you won't even feel them ... :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    $(KGrHqV,!h8E3PVe,gD7BN1!l-1!Dg~~_35.JPG

YeahYeahYeahsMosquito.jpeg

some mosquito songs to help:

Pearl Jam- Red Mosquito http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVFOcv5wWa0

Queens Of The Stone Age- Mosquito Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE_3n9tU1_Q

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Mosquito http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dx8aLDJrAY
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Bug zappers are great especially when you're drinking and or smoogin a boool
    My butt itches!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    She's got 'em.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Hershey '03

I was there, I can't believe it's been that long. Damn.

I read recently that if you dig a hole and place a beer bottle, with the neck exposed above ground, with a little beer left in it, the mosquitos are attracted to that. So if you're hanging outside, it might be a good idea to place a few well selected bottles around. Just remember where you put them and keep the kiddies away from them.
    Hershey '03

I read recently that if you dig a hole and place a beer bottle, with the neck exposed above ground, with a little beer left in it, the mosquitos are attracted to that. So if you're hanging outside, it might be a good idea to place a few well selected bottles around. Just remember where you put them and keep the kiddies away from them.

I could see myself getting drunk, forgetting about them and stepping on them later when I sneak off to take a leak. :lol:
    I suppose I'd take a few mosquito bites over a beer bottle puncture through my foot! :lol:
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    thought this thread was about Hershey show..
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    mca47 wrote:
    Hershey '03

I could see myself getting drunk, forgetting about them and stepping on them later when I sneak off to take a leak. :lol:
    I suppose I'd take a few mosquito bites over a beer bottle puncture through my foot! :lol:

Well you could always place them up against the house by the deck or whatever, maybe by the fence? I hear you about the potential for danger. Maybe use plastic beer bottles, at least that way you won't hurt yourself.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DURP wrote:
    Bug zappers are great especially when you're drinking and or smoogin a boool

they really work?

I heard that you can also get some dry ice, and place a bucket of water with dry ice in it and the skeeters will be attracted to that since dry ice is basically a carbon dioxide haven...so, not only will your picnic be skeeter free, you have awesome ambiance. :lol:

( I might even do that with the yellow jacket traps so they can't get back out... :idea: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless