Options

Was anyone able to get tickets from ticketmaster?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Online sales of tickets suck. Period.
  • Options
    sts wrote:
    was lucky enough to grab 1 boston ticket for night 2...mezz left row K

That's where I am too :) Hopefully you didn't have to slack at work like I did: a coworker called me at 1259 et and I had to pick up real quick and say: "CANT TALK NOW CONCERT TICKETS!" *slam phone down*

What was he thinking calling me while I was refreshing??

/kidding
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I started refreshing three minutes before Chicago II went on sale, and when it came up, I was REALLY, REALLY fast in selecting my number of seats and typing in my phrase. Nothing, nada, nope. I was PISSED OFF. How in the hell does that happen?

I have been reading all the pissed off TM threads, and just really don't understand how something is gone that quickly. Someone enlighten me, and not with speculatory BS. :)

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    joline wrote:
    I got in through Ticketmaster right at 10am. My seats are lousy, but I won't complain.

The place holds 1800 people. How could you possibly have a lousy seat?
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I had a meeting so my friend tried for united palace....no luck
    i cant believe they now route you to tktsnow, what scam artists
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I got 3 Upper Loge tickets for NYC 1. The situation was about the same as it was for MSG. They sold out in about 1 minute. I got mine right when they went on sale.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Vince wrote:
    The place holds 1800 people. How could you possibly have a lousy seat?

Actually, the Auditorium Theater holds close to 4000. My seats are 1st balcony, but almost all the way to the back, and almost all the way to one side. The website for the theater has a virtual view, and it is pretty nose bleed. It could be worse though, as the Gallery seats look to be freakishly high over the stage and even further back. I guess I'm getting spoiled, since I recently saw Rush at Red Rocks from the perfect vantage of 25th row center, and Steve Earle in Telluride at the opera house, which only holds 240 people. THAT would be the place to see EV. The acoustics were perfect and the main floor is only 15 rows deep.

I understand the acoustics at the Auditorium are also great.

Anyone with tickets to Chicago should check this out:
    http://www.auditoriumtheatre.org/wb/pages/home/tickets/interactive-seating-chart.php
    I'm starting to believe that this hopeless situation is what I'm trying to achieve.....
  • Options
    I was lucky, got one for NYC night #1, was going to try for a pair but at the last minute changed my mind and got a single. Hadn't committed to any particular friend so I decided to just do this for myself. Lower loge so I'm psyched! Hopefully it is a big fun EV lovefest all around me. :)
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    We were able to get tickets to DC 2, and I'm still shocked. Didn't even bother to look at seats before buying, just checked it out afterwards. We're in the leftmost section, but on the aisle, and middle-front balcony (FF, I think). I can't wait!
  • Options
    VacantVacant Posts: 50
    I spent over an hour on TM before and after they went on sale total. Was on the page exactly the time they went on. I have a crazy fast connection, and am great at typing security codes (though sometimes they were a bit unclear). Kept trying for 40 minutes. Still, no tix.
    Since so many people on the board are looking for Boston tickets, I may just resort to an over-priced POS website.
    I'm just hoping they'll allow press photographers so I can at least shoot the show (and earn some money to pay for those rip-off tix).
    --Evenflow Psycho #0019--

Back after a 3 year personal hiatus!
  • Options
    jdelinjdelin Posts: 189
    I ended up getting two tickets for Boston night 1, mezz right, row G. I'll take what I can get after striking out with fan club tickets!

Also, has anyone in the past had problems refreshing Ticketmaster so many times that they lock you out for about a minute? That has happened to me before, so this time I waited until my clock struck 1 PM exactly, and then I refreshed and got right in. Ticketmaster has screwed me so many times in the past that I was not going to get that happen this time!

NY 9/29/96; NJ 9/8/98; NY 9/10/98; NY 8/24/00; Mansfield 7/2/03; Mansfield 7/11/03; Boston 9/28/04 (VFC); Post-Letterman, NY 5/4/06; Boston 5/24/06; Boston 5/25/06; Mansfield 6/28/08; Mansfield 6/30/08; Boston 5/17/10; Dublin 6/22/10; Alpine Valley 9/3/11; Alpine Valley 9/4/11; Worcester 10/15/13; Worcester 10/16/13; Brooklyn 10/18/13; Philadelphia 4/29/16; Boston 8/5/16; Boston 8/7/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18

Mike Watt featuring EV, NY 4/27/95; Three Fish w/JA, NY 7/11/96; Three Fish w/JA, NY 6/11/99; EV Solo, Boston 8/1/08, Tres Mts. w/JA & MM, Boston 3/27/11; EV Solo, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    if you wanted to see these shows and went through TM, single purchase was the only way to do it...ended up with 2 singles dc1 and 1 single dc2...that's 3 transactions...only missed out on the the 2nd dc2 single....so you don't sit with whomever...you meet new people...
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I scored amazing tickets to NY2 over the phone. 20 minutes later I was screwing around on that POS NJ site and was able to land two seats in the second to last row. Had I known I had a chance at Jersey I would've been trying earlier and gotten better seats. However, just being in the building works for me.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    jdelin wrote:
    I ended up getting two tickets for Boston night 1, mezz right, row G. I'll take what I can get after striking out with fan club tickets!

Also, has anyone in the past had problems refreshing Ticketmaster so many times that they lock you out for about a minute? That has happened to me before, so this time I waited until my clock struck 1 PM exactly, and then I refreshed and got right in. Ticketmaster has screwed me so many times in the past that I was not going to get that happen this time!

YES! This happened to me for Neil Young last year...I had logged on about 10 mins early, then refreshed a few times, and as soon as the tickets actually went on sale, the site locked me out, gave me some warning about being a nefarious force or something...nothing could be further from the truth (I did get to see Neil, no thanks to TM ;) )
    Moral: log on 1 minute before, refresh no more than a handful of times, go for singles...
  • Options
    Reddev10Reddev10 Posts: 63
    I tried for D.C. and NYC and didn't get any. My friend was on two computers trying to help me and I aslo tried the phone.
    Terry
    www.myspace.com/terryphilly
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    none at all...what a monopoly they have and now with ticketnow added to their stable...the worst kept monopoly secret next to the gasoline industry and their constant screw over of the consumer...i feel better now...serenity now
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...