Head shop -

joelengyeljoelengyel Posts: 4
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Where is the best head shop in Seattle,flying in for the show in December and I got to find the best one. Want to make it a show to remember
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    There are still head shops? :wtf:
    Clearly I don't get out enough.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    There are still head shops? :wtf:
    Clearly I don't get out enough.

I don't think he's looking for a head shop.

sounds like the man is in need of a dispensary and too afraid to come out and admit it.... :P
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Dear Visitors,

Yes it is legal in the great 'EverGREEN State', although there are some laws you must abide by (not sure if the Dude has anything to do with this or not)...

*Public smoking is illegal-it must be done in your own personal residence-most hotels are now fully non-smoking properties-though I see people smoke everywhere.
    *the sale and distribution of recreational sundries is still 'illegal'-the state is currently working on this, and legal sale will be available 'supposedly' in December-though I wouldn't exactly count on it.
    *the DUI laws are very biased-if some drunk guy decides to jaywalk in the pitch black middle of the night, you run him over, get tested for drugs, and fail-you are automatically at fault.
    *dispensaries are also closely monitored by the feds-I imagine the stores that will be selling 'product' will be monitored as well. <
    this means they are taking names and writing down plate numbers
    *as it gets closer to December, ask again and someone may be able to give you more information.
    *if the state decides that the dispensaries are allowed to sell recreational product-do not fret, there are many many many to choose from, with pretty clever and obvious names.

There are still several headshops per say...(as in it's hard to not find one)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    speaking of......

where do i buy it in colorado :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Dear Visitors,

*the DUI laws are very biased-if some drunk guy decides to jaywalk in the pitch black middle of the night, you run him over, get tested for drugs, and fail-you are automatically at fault.

That's very disconcerting.

Considering that THC remains in your bloodstream for approximately 90 days (I say approximately as it varies by person based on liver function, size, fluid consumption, etc)... theoretically you could smoke a joint and 2 weeks later hit someone jaywalking by accident and potentially get nailed for a DUI...

Being a former frequent user, I find it funny that everyone is so up in arms about pot and trying legislate things like this for such a harmless drug. While I agree that you shouldn't smoke a J and hop in your car and drive off, where you draw that line is definitely a grey area that I can't see anyone defining very well... one i also see the federal government abusing to make a point against the states that legalize marijuana.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Dear Visitors,

Considering that THC remains in your bloodstream for approximately 90 days (I say approximately as it varies by person based on liver function, size, fluid consumption, etc)... theoretically you could smoke a joint and 2 weeks later hit someone jaywalking by accident and potentially get nailed for a DUI...

Being a former frequent user, I find it funny that everyone is so up in arms about pot and trying legislate things like this for such a harmless drug. While I agree that you shouldn't smoke a J and hop in your car and drive off, where you draw that line is definitely a grey area that I can't see anyone defining very well... one i also see the federal government abusing to make a point against the states that legalize marijuana.

the limit is 5NgL which is laughable...watch this and let me know how you feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6gLrnJxS8c
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I like Piece of Mind. There is one in Fremont. :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
    RKCNDY wrote:

I believe that case got overturned and the driver was not at fault. (If you were talking about the case in Vancouver WA after it became *legal*)
    NERDS!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    try the green room in tacoma. i always heard it advertising on the radio when i lived out that a way. you can find all these shops online. driving directions & customer reviews.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q ... 93&bih=461
    here is a list of seattle head shops

if you are ever in springfield, illionois head to "penny lanes" penny lanes is a two story unreal store. roped off staircase unless 18 or 21 years old. upstairs kills! downstairs is where i got me a 3 foot tall red lava lamp & way back when i enjoyed weighing random household materials (as well as weighing my food) & doing math with the measurements, ohaus triple beams were great

a terminally ill friend of mine out there goes to the "wormhole" in seattle for her medicines

enjoy your western washington adventure
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    RKCNDY wrote:
    shep wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Dear Visitors,

the limit is 5NgL which is laughable...watch this and let me know how you feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6gLrnJxS8c

that's very interesting... however nothing there I wouldn't have expected being fairly familiar with these particular recreational activities...

My question is, how were they checking their level of intoxication? Were they drawing blood samples, or blowing some form of tokealizer (coined by a highschool teacher of mine who always said he was going to invent one).

I was always lead to believe that it took much, much longer to filter out of your system than what they are stating in that report. Average about 30 days for urine, 90 days for blood, and until you cut it out for hair/fingernails....
    I like Piece of Mind. There is one in Fremont. :mrgreen:

I found one in Missoula...asked the gal, "Is this the same one as in Seattle?" and she looks at me and goes: :mrgreen:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I believe that case got overturned and the driver was not at fault. (If you were talking about the case in Vancouver WA after it became *legal*)

yeah! I was pretty pissed and thought, "way to fuck up the law already" but I'm glad it got thrown out.

- Christopher McCandless
    shep wrote:

My question is, how were they checking their level of intoxication? Were they drawing blood samples, or blowing some form of tokealizer (coined by a highschool teacher of mine who always said he was going to invent one).

I was always lead to believe that it took much, much longer to filter out of your system than what they are stating in that report. Average about 30 days for urine, 90 days for blood, and until you cut it out for hair/fingernails....
    They do blood draws apparently. Here's a video the news did. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9p07zn8-YM
    NERDS!
    shep wrote:

Testing here is a blood test, though they are challenging it with the 'unreasonable search and seizure' law, we'll wait and see what happens.

It does take longer to exit the system, they did a 'follow-up' report and tested all the participants 3 or 4 hours after the driving test, and all (especially Addy) were still well above the limit. I wish they performed the driving test again, as well as used a police officer that had no knowledge of their state of inebriation, that would be a little more 'real world'.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    shep wrote:

Testing here is a blood test, though they are challenging it with the 'unreasonable search and seizure' law, we'll wait and see what happens.

It does take longer to exit the system, they did a 'follow-up' report and tested all the participants 3 or 4 hours after the driving test, and all (especially Addy) were still well above the limit. I wish they performed the driving test again, as well as used a police officer that had no knowledge of their state of inebriation, that would be a little more 'real world'.
    That Addy girl was crazy. I think they're all rookies. It is sad though that most were 5 times the legal limit yet the officers were like, well, they look alright to me :|
    NERDS!
    "I forgot to use my windshield wipers the whole time I was on the course..."

:lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless