Options

Thank You EarthCam

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    This is awesome - I'm playing catchup now - couldn't watch last night because my internet was out due to a bad storm. The sound is really quite good.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Earth Cam rocks! So what's the next PJ Earth Cam date to catch this Fall?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Again, my EarthCam suggestion from the setlist thread ... :D
    jimed14 wrote:
    Seriously, earthcam stream every show ... .99 to watch / listen ... all proceeds to Wishlist Foundation / Surfrider / CCFA, etc.

For shows that are indoors, just put the cam somewhere in the hallway of interest, like the bottom of an escalotor (fall potential = high) or a beer line, as long as we can hear the songs and people watch ... we're happy.

Is that asking too much?

Sound quality is just bad enough no one can reproduce it, and there's no video of the band!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,754
    jimed14 wrote:
    Seriously, earthcam stream every show ... .99 to watch / listen ... all proceeds to Wishlist Foundation / Surfrider / CCFA, etc.

For shows that are indoors, just put the cam somewhere in the hallway of interest, like the bottom of an escalotor (fall potential = high) or a beer line, as long as we can hear the songs and people watch ... we're happy.

Is that asking too much?

Sound quality is just bad enough no one can reproduce it, and there's no video of the band!
    Best idea EVER. +1 for Permanent EarthCam.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    smarchee wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Thanks EarthCam!!!

Everyone go get a shirt!

http://teespring.com/WrigleyEarthcam

I am totally getting one

who is with me ?
    I'm definitely up for a t-shirt There are a few being talked about so I'm holding off until final designs come in. I'm also checking on a US delivery address someone I can collect it off in the fall vs paying shipping down here but yes I think a t-shirt is in order - PJ Chicago earthcam 2013 I WAS THERE! I' gonna add it to my sig too, though I'm fast running out of extra characters there I think. Not sure how others seem to have huge long lists with the character limit. :?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited July 2013
    It's crazy what us crazy fans will do to listen to Pearl Jam, isn't it?

Thanks to Earth Cam and Pearl Jam for an awesome night.

This

and all the PJ Fans chatting on PJ's Live Chat!!..LOL..imaginations running amok of what could havebeen happening at the moment from what we could hear coming from EarthCam ~
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    Thank you Earthcam! :clap::clap::clap:

Anybody on this thread in the live chat last night? That was great fun!

I was there - I was cracking up so hard, I was in tears. Who had the username that started with BK? He was killing me.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,265
    Jerome230 wrote:
    ladydocNYC wrote:

I was there - I was cracking up so hard, I was in tears. Who had the username that started with BK? He was killing me.

BK was killing me too.. i was dying laughing at the remarks he and some others were making.. definitely a fun time smack talking on the live chat with fellow fans while connecting to the show and sidewalk via Earthcam!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    The earthcam party was pretty rad!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    one of the greatest threads ever, I couldn't post anything at anytime, so I just read, unfortunately I gave up around 1 30 am in Buenos Aires, 11 30 Chicago, I caught up today, it was hilarious... it's incredible how powerful a security cam is...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    smarchee wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Thanks EarthCam!!!

Everyone go get a shirt!

I am totally getting one

who is with me ?

Me! Love EarthCam-love the shirt-I had a ball last night! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Thanks EarthCam!!!

Everyone go get a shirt!

I am totally getting one

who is with me ?

I am with ya!!! I ordered mine right away!
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Can't wait to wear that shirt! :D So happy to be part of the EarthCam experience! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    WashmyLUV wrote:

Yes, I think we stuck-at-home-fans stumbled onto an awesome 21st century way to rock out together. Ten Club really needs to look into making this happen at other venues.

I'll suggest it again (and maybe again): Live HD streaming select concerts at select movie theaters across the US. Met Opera does this during their whole season and then in off season they have encore showings. A few other live events are done this way as well. Tickets are like $20, so they're making $.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    green_girl wrote:
    WashmyLUV wrote:

Yes, I think we stuck-at-home-fans stumbled onto an awesome 21st century way to rock out together. Ten Club really needs to look into making this happen at other venues.

I'll suggest it again (and maybe again): Live HD streaming select concerts at select movie theaters across the US. Met Opera does this during their whole season and then in off season they have encore showings. A few other live events are done this way as well. Tickets are like $20, so they're making $.

I along with so many others would pay money to watch EarthCam. :D

I watched the EarthCam for 2 days just checking out people in the merch line and listening to the music being played outside and the traffic noise. I was so desperate to have a feeling of being there.
    It then occurred to me that i'd be able to hear the concert and I was so stoked!!! (I know I'm a little slow, I didn't think of it in time for the sound check) Thanks to demetrios for posting that recording!

I can't get over how great the sound was and how special it was to share this experience with all you other crazy PJ fanatics!!! :D We had a ton of fun on this board.....
    For those of us who were unable to go to Wrigley this was the next best thing!
    It's so amazing to be able to read all the comments of everyone who was there and feel like I was too.

THANK YOU EarthCam, I LOVE YOU! 8-)
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    We're thanking a webcam! PJ really has the most devoted fans anywhere.

Thank you for an incredible night, webcam.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    PJPantsPJPants Posts: 76
    Thank you Chicago big-brother for the EarthCam. I appreciated using your spy technology to get my PJ fix.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    I thought it was very cool and I would pay to watch concerts
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Honestly, my post show come down for this one has been brutal & I wasn't even fucking there!!! :o Warning: Earthcam post show comedown = BRUTAL!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Can't wait to wear that shirt! :D So happy to be part of the EarthCam experience! :D

yep, when I get mine I am gonna wear it and take a pic for my avatar lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    CO278952 wrote:
    Jerome230 wrote:
    ladydocNYC wrote:

BK was killing me too.. i was dying laughing at the remarks he and some others were making.. definitely a fun time smack talking on the live chat with fellow fans while connecting to the show and sidewalk via Earthcam!

OMG! Come out of hiding BK! Where are you? (Can I write f*ckerous on this board?)
  • Options
    943630_10200895646126715_1947284017_n.jpg

• Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635

Was that posted by a fan or a non-fan observer? :lol:
  • Options
    joannawilsonjoannawilson Posts: 341
    Either way, it's true. :)
  • Options
    ladydocNYC wrote:

There isn't a final decision about this issue on either side... :P

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    ladydocNYC wrote:

A big fan from http://www.twofeetthick.com/ :D
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    morello wrote:
    Honestly, my post show come down for this one has been brutal & I wasn't even fucking there!!! :o Warning: Earthcam post show comedown = BRUTAL!

Same here. I want to do this at least an other time during the next tour.
    Come on Pj/10c, i'm sure you can do something

tumblr_luy0gje9U51r2xrf4_zps4d2a62de.gif
  • Options
    HoosiersHoosiers Indiana Posts: 189
    Out of curiosity, is there an archive of this? I was in Wrigley, but would love to hear what it sounded like through the EarthCam.

The shirt is hilarious. I saw the $1.00 ice cold water guy!!!
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Just ordered my shirt. This will be my only wrigley merch purchase as I watched Earthcam from home.

That was the coolest non-attendance experience I have ever been involved in.

Since Friday night, Ice cold water has tasted a lot better to me. I don't know why.

Thanks EarthCam and Water Guy
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Drdeal wrote:
    Since Friday night, Ice cold water has tasted a lot better to me. I don't know why.

:lol: