Options

Pistoia

ScarletstarletScarletstarlet Posts: 70
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I PEARL JAM A PISTOIA

Saranno oltre 9.000 gli appassionati che assisteranno al concerto dei Pearl Jam in programma alle 21 di mercoledì 20 settembre in Piazza del Duomo a Pistoia. I quattro di Seattle terranno nella nostra città il loro ultimo concerto italiano dopo gli appuntamenti di Bologna (il 14), Verona (16), Milano (17) e Torino (19) prima di partire alla volta di Praga. Imponente la macchina organizzativa che li accompagna: 200 persone e 8 tir per scenografie e luci.
Un palco di grande impatto visivo sarà allestito lungo il lato nord della medievale piazza Duomo, capace di contenere fino a 10.000 spettatori. A Pistoia sarà anche girato parte del Dvd live che la band sta realizzando; sarà l’unico scenario italiano oltre a quello dell’Arena di Verona. Il concerto inizierà alle 21 con l’esibizione dei My Morning Jacket, il gruppo di supporto della band americana. Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Mike McCready e Matt Cameron dovrebbero iniziare a suonare alle 21.45 per chiudere quasi due ore dopo.
A Pistoia sono attese 4.000 auto provenienti da ogni parte d’Italia. Per loro si sta allestendo un parcheggio nell’ex campo di volo e da lì un servizio di bus navetta per non gravare sul centro storico e garantire un miglior accesso al pubblico. Saranno tre – da via Roma, via XXVII aprile e Ripa della Comunità – gli ingressi alla piazza. Mercoledì non si terrà il tradizionale mercato cittadino, che verrà recuperato in altra data. Per i portatori di handicap saranno disponibili posti sotto le logge del Comune, mentre agli artisti e ai loro accompagnatori sarà riservato il Teatro Bolognini. La piazza, con solo posti in piedi, sarà accessibile a partire dalle 18. Si stanno definendo sia l’organizzazione del servizio di assistenza sanitaria che ha ben funzionato durante la tre giorni blues, che quello di ordine pubblico. L’ingresso in piazza costa 38 euro, oltre ai diritti di prevendita; sarà in funzione un sistema antifalsificazione dei biglietti con codice a barre.

Here some informations about pistoia concert, you can find on the site of pistoia city. http://www.comune.pistoia.it/
Yes, they're in italian, I'll translate later. But the english version of the site is limited to touristic sections. Here some historical information about the square http://www.comune.pistoia.it/eng/scoperta_03_eng.html
The important is that in Pistoia square you cannot go by car, becuase it's a medieval square and because 4000 cars are expected in pistoia for the concert..
But the tuscans know how to organize things.
In fact there will be a parking area in the ex-flight area and then from there a bus services to the historical centre.
Bye bye.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    They're Doing a DVD with the pistoia show! holy shit!
  • Options

What what what???????

Where'd you hear that? *skips up and down excitedly*
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720

Pistoia *and* Verona for Italy!!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    What what what???????

Where'd you hear that? *skips up and down excitedly*

The article in Italian mentions that they are filming both Pistoia and Verona for a DVD release.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: ops, sorry for double post! and to add link to the translation of the key points of the Italian article posted above:

(you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page - not sure how to link just one post)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213248&page=11
  • Options
    Hi, would you happen to know if there are any late trains going to pistoia from pisa as my flight gets in at 2130 but the only trains i can find seem to take over 2 hours (and im not even sure if its going to the right place!!!)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Hi, would you happen to know if there are any late trains going to pistoia from pisa as my flight gets in at 2130 but the only trains i can find seem to take over 2 hours (and im not even sure if its going to the right place!!!)

Assuming you're flying in the day before the gig...
    http://orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/TimeTable?stazin=Pisa&stazout=Pistoia&datag=19&datam=09&dataa=2006&timsh=21&timsm=49&lang=en&nreq=5&channel=tcom
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    You should check here.
    http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html
  • Options

You're flying into Pisa at 21.30 on the day of the concert?!

There's no way you'll make it for the concert.

It is a 2hours train ride (or longer if you get a local train), and you must change train.

These are the train times:
    http://orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/TimeTable?stazin=pisa&stazout=pistoia&datag=20&datam=09&dataa=2006&timsh=21&timsm=51&lang=en&nreq=5&channel=tcom
  • Options

im actually flying in on monday, the thing that confuses me is when you look at the timetable it says arriving at station LUCCA or FI.RIFR and not pistoia...............................oh hold on a minute i think the penny has just dropped.............i see now, you have to change at those stations then it takes you on to Pistoia? Ha ha yet again i make a post and make myself look a fool!!!!!!
  • Options
    im actually flying in on monday, the thing that confuses me is when you look at the timetable it says arriving at station LUCCA or FI.RIFR and not pistoia...............................oh hold on a minute i think the penny has just dropped.............i see now, you have to change at those stations then it takes you on to Pistoia? Ha ha yet again i make a post and make myself look a fool!!!!!!
    mmmmmmmmmmmm it's the change stationnnnnnn.
    1)You take the train from pisa.
    2)You have to go down in lucca or in Firenze
    3)You take one other train to Pistoia.

Why?No direct train from pisa to pistoia at that time.
    :D
  • Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm it's the change stationnnnnnn.
    1)You take the train from pisa.
    2)You have to go down in lucca or in Firenze
    3)You take one other train to Pistoia.

Why?No direct train from pisa to pistoia at that time.
    :D

HAHAHA, and i thought the metro in Paris was a pain in the ass!!!!! Why doesnt it just go straight there, would only take half an hour or so!!! PJ dont realise how lucky they are to have such devoted fans who will travel around Italy at such ungodly hours JUST to see them! (That was a joke)
  • Options
    tomorrow!!!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    lgt wrote:
    The article in Italian mentions that they are filming both Pistoia and Verona for a DVD release.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: ops, sorry for double post! and to add link to the translation of the key points of the Italian article posted above:

(you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page - not sure how to link just one post)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213248&page=11

There were big cameras at Bologna aswell.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    lgt wrote:
    You're flying into Pisa at 21.30 on the day of the concert?!

There's no way you'll make it for the concert.

It is a 2hours train ride (or longer if you get a local train), and you must change train.

These are the train times:
    http://orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/TimeTable?stazin=pisa&stazout=pistoia&datag=20&datam=09&dataa=2006&timsh=21&timsm=51&lang=en&nreq=5&channel=tcom

It's not a 2 hour train ride. It takes 1 hour from Pisa to Pistoia. The last train back from Pistoia to Pisa is at 23:45pm.

Depart 23:45 PISTOIA / Arrive 00:59 PISA C. Arrive PISA AE 01:14