Options

This show has become......

DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
edited July 2013 in The Porch
A flippers dream.

I'm lazy and don't feel like searching the threads for pics of the merchandise from Wrigley. I'm not interested in anything but I'm always curious. Anyway holy shit the prices are outrageous. The only thing I saw that was a decent price was a hat it was in the 20's range. But poster $170, Tee shirts $60, Wristbands I think were $60 as well.

It's sad that fans from the 10c miss out on this stuff because of turds like this. I mean the 10c should look into allowing members who got 10c tickets to have the ability to pre order a shirt and a poster. It's just annoying to see this shit when you see limit 2 posters per person. Yeah right that is never enforced I have personally seen people walk away with 8 posters giving the lame excuse "I'm getting them for my friend" yeah bullshit have your friend wait in line.

Ok enough complaining about something I can't fix or stop. But maybe if the 10c idea guys are listening at least members won't be left in the cold in the future.

/rant done
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jen.ryanjen.ryan Posts: 339
    It's 2 per print limit so you can buy 8 total.
    1992 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/4/ (Lollapalooza)
    1996 - Buffalo NY 10/1
    1998 - New York (MSG) 9/11
    2000 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/
    2006 - New York (Ed Sullivan Theater) 5/4, Albany NY 5/12, Boston MA 5/24
    2008 - Hartford CT 6/27 Mansfield MA 6/28
    2010 - Hartford CT 5/15/10, New York (MSG) 5/21/10
    2013 - WRIGLEY! 7/21 Worcester MA 10/16, Hartford CT 10/25
    2015 - Philly 4/28, Philly 4/29, Fenway 8/5
    Eddie Solo
    Boston Opera House 8/2/08, Albany Palace Theatre 6/9/09

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    the hysteria around PJ merch has become worse than shopping at christmas. I remember when I used to collect baseball cards. it was so much fun until people got in it for money and ruined it. same situation, it's the flippers and the fans that accommodate them that have taken the fun out of it.

it's just stuff--not worth the stress.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    in my opinion, the fault should not lie with the poster flippers, or the ticket scalpers. i mean it's free money to them for minimal work, can you really fault them for that?

the real issue, is that people will pay the prices they ask. for tickets, i get it, nothing better than being in a live show. but posters? other merch? i think some people have an unhealthy obsession with owning any single thing that says pearl jam on it. i mean, people complain about all the 10C merch, but i mean people must be buying it, or they wouldn't make it. same thing, there's money to be made for their organization, why wouldn't they make it?

i can only imagine people with storage lockers with pearl jam memorabilia scouring the world for things that say pearl jam.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    there are many ways to do things, for instant, many of the PJ merch during Buenos Aires shows was sold the day before, at least, inside the venue.

IMO, sell the merch show in the street, making it available for any passer-by, wasn't the right call, but it's my opinion...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jen.ryan wrote:
    It's 2 per print limit so you can buy 8 total.

Bring the wife, make it 16.

Bring the kids ... and pay your mortgage.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    DURP wrote:
    A flippers dream.

I'm lazy and don't feel like searching the threads for pics of the merchandise from Wrigley. I'm not interested in anything but I'm always curious. Anyway holy shit the prices are outrageous. The only thing I saw that was a decent price was a hat it was in the 20's range. But poster $170, Tee shirts $60, Wristbands I think were $60 as well.

It's sad that fans from the 10c miss out on this stuff because of turds like this. I mean the 10c should look into allowing members who got 10c tickets to have the ability to pre order a shirt and a poster. It's just annoying to see this shit when you see limit 2 posters per person. Yeah right that is never enforced I have personally seen people walk away with 8 posters giving the lame excuse "I'm getting them for my friend" yeah bullshit have your friend wait in line.

Ok enough complaining about something I can't fix or stop. But maybe if the 10c idea guys are listening at least members won't be left in the cold in the future.

/rant done

I wanted some shirts so I head to Wrigley early. There must have been 5000 people lined up already at the merch stands. So I went back to the hotel.
    There's a lot of hype about this show and everyone wants a piece of it, then there's a panic about not getting a piece of it so hence the fleabay prices and the long lines...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020

Don't give the dolphin a bad rap...
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    I bought 8 and i dont flip so theres that. Wait in line and ill bring you some tissues.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    6 actually. One was sold out. Buy 2 cause yes, if fact i buy for friends. Theyve hooked me at previous shows. Not a hard concept to understand.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733

Don't give the dolphin a bad rap...
    :lol:

I also tried looking up flipper in the Occupational Handbook and came up empty
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    eladder wrote:
    I bought 8 and i dont flip so theres that. Wait in line and ill bring you some tissues.

Sure let me guess you hook friends up.

If you're going to bring something bring me a sammich.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I just dont want the stuff anymore. And I dont wait in long lines. I'm allergic to lines.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766
    eladder wrote:
    6 actually. One was sold out. Buy 2 cause yes, if fact i buy for friends. Theyve hooked me at previous shows. Not a hard concept to understand.

So, any chance you'll hook me up with the hot dog squirting mustard "Capone style''? It's the only one I really want for my new house! Of course I have money too for you.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I just dont want the stuff anymore. And I dont wait in long lines. I'm allergic to lines.

I'm with you. There was a time when I needed everything they put out. I end up getting posters to shows I have gone to after the premium has run it's course. I feel like all these "huge" shows bring out the casual fans. My guess is there will be a lot of drunk morons who will be screaming for Even Flow tonight. Standing in a 5,000 person line for a T-shirt is just stupid.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    choop wrote:
    in my opinion, the fault should not lie with the poster flippers, or the ticket scalpers. i mean it's free money to them for minimal work, can you really fault them for that?

the real issue, is that people will pay the prices they ask. for tickets, i get it, nothing better than being in a live show. but posters? other merch? i think some people have an unhealthy obsession with owning any single thing that says pearl jam on it. i mean, people complain about all the 10C merch, but i mean people must be buying it, or they wouldn't make it. same thing, there's money to be made for their organization, why wouldn't they make it?

i can only imagine people with storage lockers with pearl jam memorabilia scouring the world for things that say pearl jam.

Exactly.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."