Ephemera, Apparel and Accoutrements

tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Whilst 'living the analog dream' I like to collect little objects, trinkets and talismen on my journey through life.

This can be loosely translated as 'picking up weird shit from stores'

This is a hobby of mine. Does anyone else do this?

To start the ball rolling today I found:

A bar of locally sourced organic tangerine soap, containing 'green clay' ! :o:D
Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    This is my favorite trinket. My brother got him out of a gumball machine when we were kids and I stole it from him. I named him "Monroe," and he used to be in my pocket (next to pistachios) at all times. Now he's in a tiny box on my bookshelf.

540338_10150604470741758_763216654_n.jpg
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I do! I adore going into odd little shops in towns I visit and get something truly unique.

It's weird, I can recall where i get my trinkets and other details, but I have a hard time remembering peoples' names.

I love it when people collect magnets for me...magnets with a location theme, like I asked 81 to bring me back Mt Rushmore magnets and his way to Missoula...that was awesome. (in my new house I am painting an entire wall with magnetic paint)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I love it when people collect magnets for me...magnets with a location theme, like I asked 81 to bring me back Mt Rushmore magnets and his way to Missoula...that was awesome. (in my new house I am painting an entire wall with magnetic paint)
    I had no idea magnetic paint even existed. Nifty idea.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    This is my favorite trinket. My brother got him out of a gumball machine when we were kids and I stole it from him. I named him "Monroe," and he used to be in my pocket (next to pistachios) at all times. Now he's in a tiny box on my bookshelf.

540338_10150604470741758_763216654_n.jpg

He's cool man. I have a few figures on my mantelpiece at home, which I where I keep my trinkets, I'll try and get a few photos together next week maybe

• LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    I used to love and do all that rummaging stuff until I realized things are just that "things". I have a deep affection for them still. I try to live by keep it simple stupid rules now.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    This might be my favorite thread title ever..."ephemera" and "accoutrements" just roll onto and off the tongue.

The tangibles we've collected over our collective lives, I treasure and will as long as we have them.

But...the intangibles?

Fucking priceless :P
    Hedonist, you put a smile on my face this morning :D

What do you think of this dude? - he reminds me of a former T'ai Chi teacher ;)

eec14a0e-d374-4c0b-916d-7931497166b5.jpg?t=1374391073

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    tremors wrote:
    Hedonist, you put a smile on my face this morning :D

What do you think of this dude? - he reminds me of a former T'ai Chi teacher ;)

eec14a0e-d374-4c0b-916d-7931497166b5.jpg?t=1374391073
    Looks a bit like James Hetfield to me :mrgreen:

Keep smiling, man!
    :D

You're good value hedonist

I got a nice little King of Limbs waterbottle from Radiohead.com arrive in the mail today:

ba29f7fa-f7ea-41e4-a7cc-06963114e096.jpg?t=1374524907

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    When I visit someplace I've never been before, I will often buy a Christmas ornament. Which is pretty hilarious since we only put up a tree about once every 5 years. I like to find goofy handmade ones. My favorite is a mouse made out of beads that I bought many years ago at a craft sale in Hartford. I'll have to take some pictures.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    fd1ee902-f9d1-4307-bcdd-583dabf5f485.jpg?t=1375044870

Lifetime Guarantee!