Options

Wrigley filled to capacity?!?

photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Hello Fellow 10 Clubbers!

I know many of my PJ friends are on their way to Chicago (or already there) and I am THRILLED for them! For the rest of us, I know many of us are kicking ourselves for not buying tickets for the concert tomorrow. Joey and I have been wondering what we were thinking for awhile...and I really have no answer. We justified not purchasing tickets by saying we would just see them once they announced their tour (which we have secured tickets to a show) - but man, wrong choice.

I've been calling Wrigley religiously for a few weeks now in hopes that tickets would open up - they always do. Today when I called, however, I was told that they have been informed by upper management that will NOT be opening up any more seats as they have filled the stadium to capacity. They stated that they, of course, cannot predict the actions of individuals who may not be able to use their tickets and who may "donate them" or return them, but as of right now they will absolutely not have any to open up.

Now Joey and I are stuck...do we make the 10 hour drive to Chicago in hopes of getting tickets somehow (for me, Joey, and my 13 year old son who likes PJ - it would be his first PJ show), or do we just assume there will be no way? Does anyone think they will magically open some tickets up tomorrow (since we've never seen a concert that hasn't happened with)? What would you all suggest? Is there a chance?

If anyone knows of someone with extra tickets who would be generous enough to sell them to us, please call or text me at 417-693-8168.

I would be forever grateful! :)
"I am myself...like you, somehow."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I am not one to give false hope, but knowing what I know about tickets sales I'd def think SOMETHING will open, but a 10 hour drive is a huge risk, thought my Cubs contact did indeed say many people can hear it from outside so...
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    I am not one to give false hope, but knowing what I know about tickets sales I'd def think SOMETHING will open, but a 10 hour drive is a huge risk, thought my Cubs contact did indeed say many people can hear it from outside so...

We've actually thought about coming without tickets and just sitting outside to listen if we couldn't get any...we'll see! Our only concern is that a 13 year old may not be as entertained with that plan ;) Wish us luck, Brew Crew Tix!
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    I'm looking for a pair also. You could just buy the rooftop tickets. You won't have a good view but you will be able to hear every song!
  • Options
    boxorbag wrote:
    I'm looking for a pair also. You could just buy the rooftop tickets. You won't have a good view but you will be able to hear every song!

The only problem with the rooftop tickets is that the ones we have seen are over $200! We can't afford that! :?
    We don't care about the view...we just want to be there for the music and the atmosphere. Best of luck, boxorbag!
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    Yea 200 is steep. That's the limit we have per ticket right now. It is insane that I can't find a pair anywhere in wrigley for 400$.