I have a little story to tell...

ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
edited July 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
We planned on going to London (ON) to see our PJ Family, tickets or not. We even booked and paid the hotel room before the 1st lottery even opened because we wanted to see our PJ friends so much. We also felt that would be a perfect way to celebrate our 10th year of marriage.

We gave it our best shot to get a pair through the 1st 10C lottery, through public sale, and the local radio station contests. I missed the 2nd 10C lottery altogether because I was spending time with my guys. A friend offered us his pair if he won the 2nd lottery....which he didn't.

So on a little smidge of hope that my hubby and I kept alive, I asked on a PJ FB group if anyone had a spare pair. By the grace of the Universe, a couple of our friends won the 2nd 10C lottery and decided to sell us their public sale tickets. Because of their generosity, they were blessed with the Universe's strong love by giving them a meeting with Stone Gossard in the elevator (I'm paraphrasing here)..."I'm glad to see you have a clean cup."

Upon finding our friends at the pre-party, we met their friend, The Angel, who had actually managed to get them their original 3 tickets through public sale. He was whom we were now buying 2 of those tickets from him because of our friends' universal gift of winning the 2nd 10C lottery.

We greeted our new PJ family member (new to us) and got out the money to pay him...

And then comes the wonderful blessing...

The Angel said he wanted us to have the tickets for FREE!!!

Yes, you read that correctly....FREE!!!

We went to the SOLD OUT PJ London concert for FREE!!

We bought a few rounds of beer for the bunch people sitting with us share in our amazing gift!!

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE ANGEL'S GESTURE OF PJ LOVE AND TRUST!!!!

I HUMBLY ASK THE UNIVERSE TO PLEASE BLESS HIM WITH AS MUCH JOY AND PURE LOVE THAT HE CAN STAND!!!

So, for all who complained that PJ didn't play this or that, or started late or ended early...

I wish you the joy of feeling like we did, that the concert was amazing before it even started because of the love the PJ family show each other because of their unified love of Pearl Jam!!!!

WITH ALL OUR PURE LOVE, SHINING LIGHT AND GRATEFUL HUGS,

Shimmymommy and Hubby
Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    :clap::clap:
    ELITIST FUK
  • FlannelGalFlannelGal Minneapolis, MN Posts: 532
    So great! I love a good people helping people story. 8-)
    07-09-95 Milwaukee, WI (Summerfest) - 10-08-00 Alpine Valley Music -06-16-03 St. Paul, MN - 09-03-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre -09-04-11 Alpine Valley Music Theatre - 09-30-12 Missoula, MT - 07-19-13 Wrigley Field - 11-15-13 Dallas, TX - 10-3-14 St Louis, MO - 10-19-14 St Paul, MN
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    great story......that was so cool of them
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • EwankEwank Posts: 108
    Damn, stories like this are the ones that totally inspire to build better world :D I am so happy to read this and so happy that you managed to get in there for free. :) God bless those kind people :)
  • mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Unreal. Sweet story.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Nice story shimmy. Make sure you pay it forward when the opportunity arises. I am a firm believer in karma and this guy has his coming.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Awesome!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Nice story shimmy. Make sure you pay it forward when the opportunity arises. I am a firm believer in karma and this guy has his coming.

:mrgreen: I pay forward every chance when the opportunity arises...in any way I can...the joy I feel from seeing a person (people) receive something they needed with out having to repay me is the biggest high I get :mrgreen:
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    nice story shimmy
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    smarchee wrote:
    nice story shimmy

Thank the Universe :mrgreen: Sorry I didn't see you there this time...it was odd...I felt like I missed a lot people that night...