Options

Overseas Help! Paris/Bercy - Berlin

GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello all,

I know there are a few threads out there regarding Europe and overseas touring. However, I am not finding the things I am looking for. Maybe someone or someones can help me with any or all of the following?

1. I fly into Paris Sept 11 in the morning. Is there a meet-up bar/pub before the show?
2. Is there a common hotel that people are going to afterward?
and...

3. I wish to travel to Berlin near the end of my trip to see PJ. Is the train the cheapest and/or most effective way to get there? (I will not have a car obviously).

Thanks in advance!
1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EnehEneh Posts: 145
    You dont write from where you want to go to Berlin. Will you still be in Paris? Paris - Berlin by train takes up to 10 hours (+/- 1) depending on the train. As far as I know there are hardly any direct connections anymore.

Google for Air Berlin to take a flight from Paris. Do this NOW! Depending on when you book a flight it costs you more and more. Lets say you book your flight today you would fly cheaper to Berlin then taking the train, wait another week and the train ticket will be a little bit cheaper.
  • Options
    heallvenheallven Posts: 68
    hey,
    you have some hotels right next to the POPB venue, I heard that a lot of people will stay at the Hotel Claret (me for exemple) but if you're looking for something more comfortable you've the Novotel and the hotel Mercure close to Bercy too
    concerning the bar/pub, there are also 2 or 3 "cafe" around Bercy, it's usually easy to find fans there... at least that was what I experienced when PJ came there in 2000.
    I agree with Eneh, flight will be fastier, and you can find really great deals depending when you're booking... about train you won't find any direct connections... just look at voyage-sncf.com to see what's the greatest deal between flight and trains!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    MrGibbons wrote:
    1. I fly into Paris Sept 11 in the morning. Is there a meet-up bar/pub before the show?
    2. Is there a common hotel that people are going to afterward?
    and...

Thanks in advance!

A few of us are going to the Paris show, and we haven't booked accomodation yet. I'll keep checking this thread and we can meet up somewhere before hand if you find out about a decent bar.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
    Thanks everyone -- looks like I am gonna fly to Berlin and try and find my way around! I'll keep checking and posting here if anyone else wants to keep posting! Hope Im not wasting a thread!

Michael

michaelbgibby@hotmail.com is my msn
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    - I haven't heard anything about a pre-show meet (seeing as the show, at least for 10c tickets is GA, you don't really want to spend time drinking beforehand). The french forum is finalysing a meet-up afterwards, but as it will be all french speakers, I'm not sure how english speakers will integrate (not that I would be adverse personnaly to an english meet-up. Apparently Chris Cornell's wife owns/runs a, expensive, bar in the 8th arrondissement...)
    - no idea about accommodation, I'm crashing at my cousin's :)
    - you can get the train to Berlin I think through Belgium, but might be cheaper to fly. To note: if you have a regular ticket for Berlin (a ticket in hand now, not a 10c), the public transportation to the venue in Berlin is included (from 3 hours before openeing I think). Public transport works very well in Berlin.
  • Options
    Hey!

What airline are you flying to Paris? From Toronto I take it? I'm working a flight to Paris that arrives on the 11th.... catching the show before coming back home the next day. I wonder if you'll be on my flight???

Lindsay