Options

Catching Scalpers

RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Is there a way to report scalpers selling fan club seats? Ebay is currently loaded with tickets for this Fall's tour. They hafta be coming through the 10Club, right?
Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    There are 53 tickets for the first night's show in Pittsburgh on ebay right now. That's pretty shitty.
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • Options
    RVCJJ3J wrote:
    There are 53 tickets for the first night's show in Pittsburgh on ebay right now. That's pretty shitty.

Have to remember that SOME tickets are sold to season ticket holders for a venue for them to do whatever they want with. Anything that doesn't list exact location would be the tiks to focus on and GA.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    Good god that is very very annoying.

$400 for "lower level" seattle...scumbags

Although a lot of those look like they're probably venue "club" members that just have tickets to every event or whatever.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    but the system is not flawed
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options

HA!

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353

it'll never be perfect either
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    JankyJakeJankyJake Posts: 43
    If anyone buys a suspected Ten Club seat outside of Wrigley, maybe they can post the ticket or barcode # from the ticket on here after the show and 10 club can go and look at who's ticket that was?

You can see there are people selling GA for insane amounts. In those posts it says to meet at will call. So they must be using their 10 club membership to get the tix and then turn around and sell them once they're in hand. I say if you must pay over face the day of the show, and it's in a 10 club section, put a picture of your ticket on here and 10c can investigate if they want.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    what I don't understand about seasons tickets is that they are for the matches or games of a specific team, in a certain period of the year, the so called season, how come those seats include events that may or may not happen in the future? why bands and concert promoters address this matter?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    what I don't understand about seasons tickets is that they are for the matches or games of a specific team, in a certain period of the year, the so called season, how come those seats include events that may or may not happen in the future? why bands and concert promoters address this matter?

Because the venue is interested in having tickets sold. Is it better to know in advance that every event in your venue is sold in advance or have to worry about it for every event? Exactly.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    it's more fun to catch teh buyers... :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570

often part of the deal with season tickets is that you get access to tickets to all events at an arena.
    Concerts, sports, circus, ice skating, etc

And just to be clear NO ONE has actual tickets in hand at this point
  • Options
    RVCJJ3J wrote:

Have to remember that SOME tickets are sold to season ticket holders for a venue for them to do whatever they want with. Anything that doesn't list exact location would be the tiks to focus on and GA.

There's GA tickets for Pittsburgh on eBay
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,319
    Ticket Agencies do sell tickets directly to brokers without them ever hitting the publics hands. Season Ticket holders often get access as well as promo tickets.

That being said I saw an auction for a 10 clubber selling his other "GA ticket" for $350 and that they had to meet him at the Arena because it was will call only.... it doesn't get more blatant than that.

It's this one: !!!

[link removed by Admin]
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    You can actually become a season ticket holder of the venue itself. Like, The Gorge has that option and they are offered tickets to any event at that venue. And yep, they are free to sell them for whatever they want.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Ticket Agencies do sell tickets directly to brokers without them ever hitting the publics hands. Season Ticket holders often get access as well as promo tickets.

That being said I saw an auction for a 10 clubber selling his other "GA ticket" for $350 and that they had to meet him at the Arena because it was will call only.... it doesn't get more blatant than that.

[link removed by Admin]

That's pretty blatant. For sure.
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 545
    RVCJJ3J wrote:

That's really nice considering I put this as my number 1 and 2 and got shut out completely along with the other 3 shows.

If anyone can please help me out with a GA or Reserved. I live in Pittsburgh. I would greatly appreciate it.

This should also be a sign to do things like nine inch nails. Your name is on the ticket and you go in immediately once you have them.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    there are 456 posters on ebay right now that are selling for more than 35
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    I know in Calgary 50% of lower bowl seats are club seats and the owners of those seats can buy 1st for whatever events they want. I would guess some of those people turn around and sell the shows to pay for their Hockey seats.
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Would there be anything done about them if I do report to the emails listed on page 1?

I am more than willing to spend a little time and flag down a lot of the scalpers on Ebay but I just want to know it won't be for nothing
  • Options
    Would there be anything done about them if I do report to the emails listed on page 1?

I am more than willing to spend a little time and flag down a lot of the scalpers on Ebay but I just want to know it won't be for nothing

Scalping isn't illegal everywhere. I think ebay enforces based on the location of the seller (not the location of the event), so the big loophole, is to sell them and base your location where its legal (like where I live in BC).

So ebay can only do something if the seller lives were it illegal. The 10c can only do something if they can identify the member who is posting the sale online.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Zod wrote:

There is some dickwad who has 9 (NINE) GA tickets to Seattle up ... I'm not going to give him the luxury of posting his auction ... at $315 apiece, he can go kick rocks.

fuck that guy dot com.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    So ebay can only do something if the seller lives were it illegal. The 10c can only do something if they can identify the member who is posting the sale online.
    That's a shame...

I mean with any system there will be a vocal group of people trying to make some cash for themselves but especially after all the posts about fans here getting shut out of the lottery it especially sucks to see people lucky enough to get tickets either sell one for profit or went into this with the intention of money making to begin with.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    RVCJJ3J wrote:
    Is there a way to report scalpers selling fan club seats? Ebay is currently loaded with tickets for this Fall's tour. They hafta be coming through the 10Club, right?

Honestly, how are you going to 'know' they are selling fan club seats? The cut off line can be anywhere in the stadium. I don't think my stubs have ever said 10 Club Ticket
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    Mudfest wrote:
    I know in Calgary 50% of lower bowl seats are club seats and the owners of those seats can buy 1st for whatever events they want. I would guess some of those people turn around and sell the shows to pay for their Hockey seats.

Absolutely. My brother sells his Bulls playoff tickets to pay for his entire season, then if they ever do make the finals he'll go. Whole season paid for. Those extra concerts in your stadium is a perk for someone that could care less about rock band. Would anyone be upset if these were Beiber tickets getting scalped?
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    I was thinking about this the other day, and came up with a random idea:

How about this proposal - Ten Club has the name of each ticket holder on the ticket itself, and there can be a special section on the site for fan transactions. Meaning fans can trade tickets or sell them to other fan club members securely through this site. And in order to gain entry to a show the person who bought the ticket pair has to show their own ID and credit card to gain entry in the show, or for traded or resold tickets from one fan to another the fan who ended up with the ticket last has to show their ID and credit card on file here

If they did that it would ensure than trades can happen on this site without worrying about scalping, and that scalped tickets cannot be used for entry without the buyer there
  • Options
    I was thinking about this the other day, and came up with a random idea:

How about this proposal - Ten Club has the name of each ticket holder on the ticket itself, and there can be a special section on the site for fan transactions. Meaning fans can trade tickets or sell them to other fan club members securely through this site. And in order to gain entry to a show the person who bought the ticket pair has to show their own ID and credit card to gain entry in the show, or for traded or resold tickets from one fan to another the fan who ended up with the ticket last has to show their ID and credit card on file here

If they did that it would ensure than trades can happen on this site without worrying about scalping, and that scalped tickets cannot be used for entry without the buyer there

Except your offloading that work from the band to staff at the arena. Will the arena want to support that?

I have heard of "paperless" tickets but don't really get it. It sort of sounds like will call. You have to show the credit card you bought them on to get in. How do you prove the seats are yours.. they must give you a slip or something, so it more like will call?
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Except your offloading that work from the band to staff at the arena. Will the arena want to support that?
    Yeah that is a good point I didn't even think of the arena staff and if each arena on the tour would comply with that set rule of checking each any every person's ticket.

IF they were able to do it though it would work well IMO (or at least better than now)
  • Options
    i'm going to start posting names of buyers. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,434
    JankyJake wrote:
    If anyone buys a suspected Ten Club seat outside of Wrigley, maybe they can post the ticket or barcode # from the ticket on here after the show and 10 club can go and look at who's ticket that was?

You can see there are people selling GA for insane amounts. In those posts it says to meet at will call. So they must be using their 10 club membership to get the tix and then turn around and sell them once they're in hand. I say if you must pay over face the day of the show, and it's in a 10 club section, put a picture of your ticket on here and 10c can investigate if they want.

Or, better yet, people can refrain from buying a 10C ticket from a scalper!