Cash Only

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Man. These mom and pop shops here in cape cod are really fucking me up. Live into now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Dude, you're in Cape Cod, don't complain about cash only. It's an awesome place to be, go with it. :D
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    Nearly every place in my Brooklyn neighborhood is cash only, so it's not as much of a shock for me when I hit the Cape.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    That's how all the mom and pop places were when I went home for the 4th. Then one of them gave me a lecture on why it's important to carry cash at all times. :fp:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    ...and here I thought hookers were the last and final business transaction that didnt accept credit cards. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it's been 7 plus years since i went to a cash only place.

if you don't take plastic, i'm not shopping your store.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    81 wrote:
    it's been 7 plus years since i went to a cash only place.

if you don't take plastic, i'm not shopping your store.

+1.

Get with the times. It's sink or swim, there's a million other places that will take my plastic.

Is everything cheaper in these stores because they only take cash and don't have to pay the banks their cut? Something tells me I doubt it... so fuck off.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I use my debit card for everything. On occasion I come across some sort of vendor that takes cash only. Pisses me off! :x
    As I travel a lot for work, I keep a $20 in my wallet in case something comes up (Toll, tip, crazy-ass "cash only" something or others).

But yeah, a shop or a restaurant that doesn't take a card...give me a break!!!
  • Those businesses are only open for a few months, they can not afford the credit cards fees. Support them, they need your business!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Out on the islands, they have a few local businesses that run 'cash only' and on the honor system.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Those businesses are only open for a few months, they can not afford the credit cards fees. Support them, they need your business!
    this
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Out on the islands, they have a few local businesses that run 'cash only' and on the honor system.
    & this
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce