Options

Thunderstorms on Friday

jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Man, I hope weather.com is wrong. I can deal with rain, no thunderstorms, though.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I think the forecast is actually improving a little. But it's still too early to have any faith in a Friday forecast.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Saturday nights show looks great :D

Really though...if a front goes thru at 3 or 4 o'clock it could cool things off a little.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    VedHead2VedHead2 Posts: 112

Really though...if a front goes thru at 3 or 4 o'clock it could cool things off a little.

Not sure if you are from the Chicago area but it actually makes the humidity rise and in a crowded place will make it feel like hell... Can we say swamp ass?
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    Actually, the weather forecasts show the high temperatures dropping by about 10 degrees the day after the predicted rain (meaning a cooler front is coming with/bringing in the rain). The last I saw, they had close to 90 for the high on Friday (with a 100-ish "real-feel") but only 80 for Saturday.

So if the rain is coming at the edge of a cooling front, and it does get here sooner (which seems to be the trend I've seen in the forecasts, going from night prediction to afternoon prediction so far), it could make show night more pleasant.

But there's no point stressing over it yet.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    VedHead2 wrote:
    Can we say swamp ass?

swamp ass
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Spoony C wrote:
    Actually, the weather forecasts show the high temperatures dropping by about 10 degrees the day after the predicted rain (meaning a cooler front is coming with/bringing in the rain). The last I saw, they had close to 90 for the high on Friday (with a 100-ish "real-feel") but only 80 for Saturday.

So if the rain is coming at the edge of a cooling front, and it does get here sooner (which seems to be the trend I've seen in the forecasts, going from night prediction to afternoon prediction so far), it could make show night more pleasant.

But there's no point stressing over it yet.

This is what I was getting at. It's not going to be a pop up summer storm, it's a front that'll push thru.

We'll see what happens, I for one am ready for the show
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Keep searching for a weather forecast you like and believe that one to be true. If you're going to the show - rejoice and don't worry about the weather!
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    Its just rain... Who cares
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Ill just bring my umbrella, no one will mind right? :lol::lol::lol:
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    JW41517JW41517 Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    Rain, no big deal. Lightning? If there is lightning will they stop the show?
    Post edited by JW41517 on
  • Options
    I think Weather Underground shoes 0% chance of rain on Friday so we're good to go!

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    WASH!!!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    GO20360GO20360 Posts: 21
    VedHead2 wrote:

... Can we say swamp ass?

Swamp ass
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    I think Weather Underground shoes 0% chance of rain on Friday so we're good to go!

really????

from Weather Underground:

Friday

Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 91F. Breezy. Winds from the SW at 15 to 20 mph.
    Friday Night

Clear with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Low of 72F. Breezy. Winds from the WSW at 10 to 20 mph shifting to the NW after midnight. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.7 in. possible.
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256

Pj is Friday. Go Saturday and you will be sadly disappointed!

Kelly Clarkson and Jason Alden disappointed.
  • Options
    GO20360 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

really????

Friday

Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 91F. Breezy. Winds from the SW at 15 to 20 mph.
    Friday Night

Clear with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Low of 72F. Breezy. Winds from the WSW at 10 to 20 mph shifting to the NW after midnight. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.7 in. possible.

Hmm...I was looking at Friday DAY and not night.

• Options
    know1 wrote:
    GO20360 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

really????

Friday

Friday Night

Hmm...I was looking at Friday DAY and not night.

Ah... oh well. not much we can do about it.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    This just in,

Sharknado imminent!

Better bring ya rubbers
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
    I am sure it will be great, as long as there is no lighting, rain can be dealt with.