Options

One fix for the lottery...

2»

Comments

• Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    1. The 1Oth show is in my city Dallas, which is my first priority, the guy from New York has been shut out of 9 shows and now has dallas as his #1 priority also.

2. 10 shows on tour, New York guy gets 10 chances, me 1

Hmm. Still don't understand. or maybe you are talking about in what order 10C is drawing the shows...

But If you have Dallas as prio1 and NY-guy has it at prio-5, he wouldn't move up to having Dallas as prio-1 before you have had a shot.

All prio1 are run through first (in random order). Those who get a show are taken aside. Those who are left and still couldn't get their prio1 are run through again using their prio-2. Now, there might be a few left who hasn't have got their prio1 or prio2 so you run it through again. The when as many members as mathematically possible have 1 show each - you put everyone back in the lottery and run through again with the rest of tickets and prios.

Wouldn't that solve the problem you are mentioning?

Looks correct to me.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,111
    JB56195 wrote:
    In your Dallas NYC comparison you have to make sure the drawing starts in a random city. You don't want NYC to necessarily start first because all of the high demand new yorkers would get displaced to their lower seeded cities across the country. Unless you run all the people who put Dallas priority 1 first and then run "the biggest losers" from the prior drawing aka the New Yorker who has lost 9 other lottos.

The problem is the current system shouldn't have split GA and reserved. That screwed some peoples rankings and until people saw how that effected the outcome, no one knew how to put down the best strategy.

Here's the issue. I wanted to go to one show. I signed up for Seattle and lost (no worries). I could have really made any show a destination show. Send me to charlotte, philly, portland, hell I don't care as long as I don't have a traveling conflict. What this lottery can't allow us to say is, "Here are the 8 or so shows I could attend, but I only want to go to one." Any of these 8 would be fine. Under the current system, I can end up getting multiple tix that I don't want/can't afford. So now I am shut out for this tour.

You should be able to maybe pick how many shows at most you would like to win. So, you can enter for 15 shows but if you win 1 (or 2,3,4 or whatever you chooses as the amount) your are out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"