Orange is the New Black-Netflix Series

mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I saw this new show pop up on Netflix and figured I'd watch the pilot episode on Friday night to see if it was any good. Three episodes later I was hooked. Woke up on Saturday and thought I'd watch another episode and then get my errands done and then well, that never happened. I ended up finishing all 13 episodes.

Anyone else watch this? If you have Netflix I highly recommend it. If Netflix keeps this up they are going to give HBO and Showtime a serious run for their money.

The show is about an upper middle class woman going into the prison system and it's got a great cast of characters. It's much more lighthearted than something like "Oz" but it doesn't glamorize prison either. Very well written and well acted show.

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nryWkAaWjKg
Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    mbangel10 wrote:
    Anyone else watch this? If you have Netflix I highly recommend it. If Netflix keeps this up they are going to give HBO and Showtime a serious run for their money.

Haven't watched this series yet.

I'm looking forward to watching the 2nd season of Lilyhammer though.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Love this show! wish there was a second season already.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I'm planning on giving this a try soon too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • tcadd94tcadd94 Posts: 611
    Heard that this was really good from a couple of people. I gotta give it a shot. Working my way through the 6th season of Mad Men currently.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.