Packing for Wrigley

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Any advice re. packing? I'm flying from Boston to Chicago on Spirit Air, and planning on carry-on luggage only.

I'm having a lot of trouble fitting everything, though. I might have to leave the elf costume home. :(

photo_zps0a99092e.jpg
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    It'll be warm in Chicago, so all you need is a toothbrush and thong bikini.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Any advice re. packing? I'm flying from Boston to Chicago on Spirit Air, and planning on carry-on luggage only.

I'm having a lot of trouble fitting everything, though. I might have to leave the elf costume home. :(

photo_zps0a99092e.jpg

Skis instead of a snowboard :think: , I thought you were cool :wtf: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Poncier wrote:

and the capt n crunch...a girls gotta eat
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    norm wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

and the capt n crunch...a girls gotta eat

The Cap'n rules! And I can't live on deep dish pizza alone, you know.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    haha!! I am doing the same thing, we are getting on the road tomorrow.

i think I need some trail mix

and booze

:mrgreen:
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Tough choices!!! You might be able to leave the skis at home, snow is not in the forecast (yet). The boa is fun and goes with any outfit. Cap'N Crunch- don't need to say anything there. Fire extinguisher for when the hotel bonfire gets out of control. Clip the tip of of the beaks of the pink flamingos and poke a hole in their butts and you have instant beer bongs.

They all seem to be important and necessary items!!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you can munch on dry captn crunch at the show, yes/no? ski the skiless? throw ed your skis during your favorite song, yes/no?

wear the boa, hat & the elf costume onto the plane & throughout the festivities
    mail the flamingo, clothes hanger & fire extinguisher to a friend who is driving & has room in their car.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    You guys are so helpful, thank you!

I love the lawn flamingo beer bong idea... and throwing the skis at Ed during my favorite song...

Brilliant!

:D
    as someone may or may not have mentioned... cool kids snowboard not ski
    throw a snowboard on stage during your favorite song... snowboard the snowboardless

i aim to help as much as i can

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761

photo_zps0a99092e.jpg

of all the things in that image, the elf costume might be the only useful thing for wrigley.... i highly recommend you take it...

you can forever be known as the wrigley elf... ;)

you can thank me later for giving you the idea to wear it to the show.... ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    shep wrote:

photo_zps0a99092e.jpg

of all the things in that image, the elf costume might be the only useful thing for wrigley.... i highly recommend you take it...

wear it all!!!! you can make a necklace out of the crunch.

tell them the extinguisher is for your job as the Wrigley fire safety elf!!!
    the boa is just because.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    shep wrote:

photo_zps0a99092e.jpg

i'm 3 posts ahead of you but who's counting :corn:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Hat.....check

Flasks.....check

Papers..... check

I'm ready :mrgreen:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    all packed. we have more snacks and booze than clothes
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868

photo_zps0a99092e.jpg

The amount of work you just did for a single message board pun:

costanza-clapping.gif
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    chadwick wrote:
    shep wrote:

photo_zps0a99092e.jpg

i'm 3 posts ahead of you but who's counting :corn:

not me ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    might as well bring the skis along...you never know when there might be a freak snowstorm, and the train shuts down...it would be cool to ski around Wrigley...yes/no?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    it would be cool to ski around Wrigley...yes/no?

:think:

i'm going to go with no.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    it would be cool to ski around Wrigley...yes/no?

:think:

i'm going to go with no.

:|

fine, then you bring a camel and a moose to the show and teach unlost the difference between the two.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    fine, then you bring a camel and a moose to the show and teach unlost the difference between the two.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Unlost, I can fit the elf costume in my carry-on, don't you worry.
    Unlost! unlost! Please borrow Mr. Unlost's tool...errr, I mean the fire hydrant wrench thingie...PJ_Soul has discovered how hot and humid it will be in Chicago, and is wanting to crack a few hydrants...please ensure her shenanigans are properly executed.

thank-you for your assistance...:angel:

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Unlost, I can fit the elf costume in my carry-on, don't you worry.

if i don't see a pic of you in that elf costume, the entire trip to chicago will be wasted and i will lose all respect for the both of ya
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    How many changes of clothing should I bring for 3 nights in Chicago? I'm thinking 5 after seeing the weather forcast. Or maybe just 2 and quarters for the laundry? Assuming there is a laundry in the Hyatt Regency :think:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435