Killed the Keg

EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
In my kegorator

That is all
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    beerfest-o.gif
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    beerfest-o.gif

:lol::lol:

What the fuck...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    beerfest-o.gif

hate when that happens...don't do drugs kids
    aqo2t.jpg
    beerfest-o.gif

:lol::lol:

What the fuck...

Never seen Beerfest?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Poor planning by you.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The lavk of invite makes me sad
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The lavk of invite makes me sad
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    whether I care or not depends on what type of beer it was and what will be replacing it.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    whether I care or not depends on what type of beer it was and what will be replacing it.

+1...

man, i would love to have a kegging system for my homebrew.... bottling is such a pain in the ass....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    shep wrote:

+1...

man, i would love to have a kegging system for my homebrew.... bottling is such a pain in the ass....

I've been thinking about starting to brew my own. Is it really worth it because it seems like it could be a big hassle?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    shep wrote:

+1...

I've been thinking about starting to brew my own. Is it really worth it because it seems like it could be a big hassle?

If you invest the time into it, yes. I've had some incredible homebrew...
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    shep wrote:

+1...

I was thinking same thing. Seems like a lot of BS. Really easy to buy a known product. :D
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    I was thinking same thing. Seems like a lot of BS. Really easy to buy a known product. :D

The only time I seriously considered brewing my own beer was before I could legally buy it. My uncle used to brew beer when I was little, I never had any but I remember the bottles were always exploding. I don't know if he was doing something wrong or what, but those bottles were blowing up all the time.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

The only time I seriously considered brewing my own beer was before I could legally buy it. My uncle used to brew beer when I was little, I never had any but I remember the bottles were always exploding. I don't know if he was doing something wrong or what, but those bottles were blowing up all the time.

sure it was beer & not meth? ;):D
    aqo2t.jpg
    shep wrote:

+1...

to me, homebrewing is a fun hobby. I enjoy doing it and find it fun, I'm not doing it because I want cheaper beer.

In terms of cost, I usually can brew 48 bottle for the same price as you would buy 48 coors or bud in the store... and it's much more tasty... i've been told by all the people i've been sharing it with that it's as good as the craft beer they buy in the store... so if you're comparing it to craft beer prices, it's cheaper (ingredients wise - so long as you're not making a big, specialty beer - say a DIPA or an imperial stout) after you get over the 150-200 expense to buy the equipment you need to get started...

in terms of time, each batch (~48 bottles) is about a 5-7 hour time investment from brewing to bottling... keep in mind, I'm doing partial mash brewing... if you're going all grain it will take more time, more equipment and more upfront cost, but ingredients wise, each batch will be cheaper (as you usually do 10 gallon batches.. i.e. about 100 bottles at a time)...

i just find it to be a really fun hobby and everyone's enjoying my beer and each batch a brew more people are asking to get a few bottles to try, so i'm having fun with it...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    shep wrote:
    to me, homebrewing is a fun hobby. I enjoy doing it and find it fun, I'm not doing it because I want cheaper beer.

In terms of cost, I usually can brew 48 bottle for the same price as you would buy 48 coors or bud in the store... and it's much more tasty... i've been told by all the people i've been sharing it with that it's as good as the craft beer they buy in the store... so if you're comparing it to craft beer prices, it's cheaper (ingredients wise - so long as you're not making a big, specialty beer - say a DIPA or an imperial stout) after you get over the 150-200 expense to buy the equipment you need to get started...

in terms of time, each batch (~48 bottles) is about a 5-7 hour time investment from brewing to bottling... keep in mind, I'm doing partial mash brewing... if you're going all grain it will take more time, more equipment and more upfront cost, but ingredients wise, each batch will be cheaper (as you usually do 10 gallon batches.. i.e. about 100 bottles at a time)...

i just find it to be a really fun hobby and everyone's enjoying my beer and each batch a brew more people are asking to get a few bottles to try, so i'm having fun with it...

Thanks for the info. I was more wondering about the time aspect of it, but knowing the costs is good too. If it was a multi-day operation, I don't think I'd be getting into it as a hobby. Might have to do some more research though...
    shep wrote:

Thanks for the info. I was more wondering about the time aspect of it, but knowing the costs is good too. If it was a multi-day operation, I don't think I'd be getting into it as a hobby. Might have to do some more research though...

it's a multi-day operation. Brew day usually takes me between 3-4 hours (depending on the complexity of the reciepe I'm making) for prep, sanitizing, brewing, and cleaning up. Then you have to let the beer ferment in a temperature controlled environment for a couple of weeks... if you rack to a secondary, that's another 90 minutes or so, and then bottling is about a 2 hour process...

When I do it, it's usually on week intervals (i.e. I'll brew one weekend, then a week later I'll transfer to a secondary, then a couple of weeks later, I'll bottle).... so yes, it's definitely a multi-day event.