Additional Shows Rumored? Opening bands?

encompassing tripencompassing trip Posts: 160
edited January 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Any rumors of additional shows being added? Pearl Jam seems to add new dates every tour.
Post edited by encompassing trip on

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    Albany Oct 24th has been rumored. The day before the Hartford show.

I would expect a second MA date to be added.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Bump for 2016 tour
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Toronto II seems most likely.
  • They need another North East show (Hartford or Albany) and lock out people who have already won tickets. Lol
  • I'm shocked Atlanta isn't on the 2016 tour. Maybe Greenville and Columbia stole it from Charlotte and Atlanta
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 204
    Any info on opening bands? Correct me if I'm wrong, only some of the shows had opening bands in their recent South America tour....correct?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,226

I'm shocked Atlanta isn't on the 2016 tour. Maybe Greenville and Columbia stole it from Charlotte and Atlanta

Agreed! I think the Bonaroo show had something to do with Atlanta being left off the schedule.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Dr. Matt said:

Any info on opening bands? Correct me if I'm wrong, only some of the shows had opening bands in their recent South America tour....correct?

Dr. Matt said:

Dr. Matt said:

I believe so. I also believe the last your there was no opener. Alabama Shakes is playing in Charleston SC around the same time as the Columbia SC show. That would be a nice touch, but very doubtful.
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 204

Dr. Matt said:

I believe so. I also believe the last your there was no opener. Alabama Shakes is playing in Charleston SC around the same time as the Columbia SC show. That would be a nice touch, but very doubtful.
    I may be in the minority, but I'd rather not have an opener and just get PJ on sooner and/or on for longer. My 2 cents.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • I actually prefer an opener. I didn't think I would, but after Charlotte last tour I didn't feel like I got settled in. And Pearl jam usually has some nice openers. The singer for Band of Horses is from Columbia, so that wouldn't surprise me if he popped in as a guest. The last Columbia show Kings of Leon opened. So I encourage an opener. Pearl Jam will play the same set length either way, so an opener is a bonus.
  • slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    I am hoping they add more shows....seems like a nice gap between the spring tour and the late summer wrigley/fenway shows, not to mention its their 25th anniversary year so there will be something for that....and they are only hitting the east coast on what is announced so far so maybe some midwest-west coast dates later in the year?

Wish they would add a date in hartford but im not holding my breath.