Options

"We could will it to the sky.."

know1know1 Posts: 6,763
edited July 2013 in The Porch
"....or we could something ???????"

Is that question mark part unintelligible or what?

(From MYM in case nobody realized"
The only people we should try to get even with...
...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    If you're referring to lyrics that someone posted, it's just that they couldn't tell what it was. There are no official lyrics yet.
  • Options
    mattcoz wrote:
    If you're referring to lyrics that someone posted, it's just that they couldn't tell what it was. There are no official lyrics yet.

I'm posting what I'm hearing and I don't thing there's an actual word there.

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Oh ok, yeah I couldn't figure it out either. Some people think it's "something else", but that doesn't make a lot of sense and I don't really hear it that way.
  • Options
    kevedderkevedder Posts: 80
    After 60 listens I was going with something 'else'...

but maybe on the 61st maybe it is something...hell!
    BIG DAY OUT SYDNEY FAIRGROUNDS, SYDNEY, AU, Sun 26 January, 2014 BIG DAY OUT FLEMINGTON RACECOURSE, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, Fri 24 January, 2014 Eddie Vedder Solo, Civic Theatre, NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA, Wednesday 16th March Eddie Vedder Solo, STATE THEATRE, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, Friday 18th March & Saturday 19th March ETIHAD STADIUM, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, Fri 20 November, 2009 NEWCASTLE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA, Sun 19 November, 2006 ACER ARENA, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, Tues 7, Wed 8 & Sat 18 November, 2006 SYDNEY ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, Tue 11, Thu 13 & Fri 14 February, 2003 SYDNEY ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, Mon 9, Wed 11 & Thu 12 March, 1998
  • Options
    I think he just tails off into vocal noise after "something..."

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    If it is indeed something "else" which is what I hear... I think it could mean 'we could do anything'
  • Options
    I think it's "something else", and it makes a ton of sense to me. We could look to God or we could choose an alternative. Pretty simple as PJ lyrics go.
  • Options
    I think it's "something else", and it makes a ton of sense to me. We could look to God or we could choose an alternative. Pretty simple as PJ lyrics go.

It does make sense, but it's a stretch to say that's what it actually is.

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,934
    I think Ed makes it a bit less clear to balance the song a bit - its walking a fine line as it is, but having the "We could will it to the sky" so clear the song becomes a little more inclusive as a result.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

see, I was surprised to even see this thread, but I guess that's a common perception. to me, it didn't seem that unclear, but maybe that was me assuming that I heard it better than I did. I'll have to listen more/closer later after work. Interesting.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

see, I was surprised to even see this thread, but I guess that's a common perception. to me, it didn't seem that unclear, but maybe that was me assuming that I heard it better than I did. I'll have to listen more/closer later after work. Interesting.

Maybe if there was a "do" before "something". Plus, he seems to put an extra syllable in "something" as well. Maybe that's what makes it odd.

• Options
    unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378

I agree with this. I actually interpret as we could pray to god or we could do something else that will have a greater impact.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    unforgiven wrote:

I agree with this. I actually interpret as we could pray to god or we could do something else that will have a greater impact.

my thoughts ^^^^
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Maybe it's actually:

"We could will it to the sky
    Are we good?
    Some think yeah"

• Options
    I hear "We can will it to the sky, or we could something new".
  • Options
    Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    I think that you can use the rest of the song to get the overall meaning of the lyric which is contained in the front end of it...

Ed makes it pretty clear that we could will it to sky, pointlessly, or...

Whatever that or is probably doesn't matter that much as a lyric. The point is that we need an alternative to simply willing it to the sky anymore.

My point is that knowing that Ed is being critical and suggesting we do something other than willing it to the sky should be sufficient to move on with our lives without worrying too much about the hard to decipher final word of the lyric. :) Sometimes you just have to move on with Ed's mumbles so long as you feel you've gotten the point. Haha
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    It sounds like "something else" to me too.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    When I woke up this morning I realized that this song is related to the meaning of "I am mine". Do you remember how the lyrics contrast "faithing and hoping to buy themselves time" with "me I figure as each breath goes by I only have my mind."

I think this song is expanding that idea of inaction (faithing, hoping) and action (the gun on the plate is dramatic action). Being aware of this life being all we have.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    This is what I hear:
    We could will it to the sky or we could do something with it
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    -Buru- wrote:
    This is what I hear:
    We could will it to the sky or we could do something with it

It really could be that. The "do" is very slight and quiet.

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I think it's "else", he just trailed off vocally while pronouncing it.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12