Options

added shows more shows?? 2nd nights?

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited July 2013 in The Porch
someone I know that follow pj close too think more date might be added, anyone know. I hear rumors of Albany ny on oct 13, that would leave them 2 days still to get to Worcester.

2nd one is heard rumor of 2nd Worcester show oct 16 if first sell out?

also hear rumor of mgm grand show in las vegas on nov 18, and a 2nd Oakland show on nov 27 if first sell out.

I hope las vegas is true give them 2 day to get from dallas, then play phoenix next night is duable. just hard to believe pj skips vegas again there no shows here since 2006, and pj used to always play vegas and it always sold out 06 was sold out or near sold out it was great crowd and setlist too, only show I ever saw them open the concert with inside job
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    my guess is they will add a few shows.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    im so confused about how pj picks to decide where to play or the manager does it all , and pj has not much say in it?

it so weird they playing Worcester and not boston, also why are they playing la sports arena, and not staples center? staples center I never saw a concert at but pj play there last time, is la sports arena a better concert venue and that why they picked it? that la sports arena is real old compared to staples

im wondering if pj manager who books tour dicked around with booking dates. and now the boston Celtics/bruins place is booked out, and so is staples maybe, and that why they had to pick la sports arena, and Worcester you think?
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    With 3 days between Philly and Hartford i'm hoping for another Philly 3 show. The last Philly 3 show was the best in the bands history.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Rollover shows are all based on the initial public on sale. Sometimes they are pre-built in the system and will immediately go on sale the same day, sometimes they will announce it and it will go on sale a week or so later.

In most circumstances the band does not choose where they play, sure there are a few exceptions sometimes but for the most part Mgmt books & routes the tour on their own.

Your question regarding LA has to be an NBA/NHL conflict at Staples, I am thinking the same occurred for Houston too. Those teams own the building so nothing bumps a scheduled game.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Rollover shows are all based on the initial public on sale. Sometimes they are pre-built in the system and will immediately go on sale the same day, sometimes they will announce it and it will go on sale a week or so later.

yep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    I hope albany is true, but i don't see them opening the tour with 3 straight concerts.

edit: I think the 14th would work better
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    doable
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Pap wrote:
    doable

Albany between Philly and Hartford
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    With 3 days between Philly and Hartford i'm hoping for another Philly 3 show. The last Philly 3 show was the best in the bands history.

That Philly 3 show took my voice away, literally. I couldn't speak for Philly 4. :lol: It was an amazing show.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    im so confused about how pj picks to decide where to play or the manager does it all , and pj has not much say in it?

it so weird they playing Worcester and not boston, also why are they playing la sports arena, and not staples center? staples center I never saw a concert at but pj play there last time, is la sports arena a better concert venue and that why they picked it? that la sports arena is real old compared to staples

im wondering if pj manager who books tour dicked around with booking dates. and now the boston Celtics/bruins place is booked out, and so is staples maybe, and that why they had to pick la sports arena, and Worcester you think?

You are thinking about this too much. They announced the tour. Its done. Could they add a few shows? Maybe. Did they play everywhere people wanted? No. Did they play a lot of places people did want? Yes.

When the lights go out and the band is on stage does it matter if it is the Sports Arena or Staples? No.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

You are thinking about this too much. They announced the tour. Its done. Could they add a few shows? Maybe. Did they play everywhere people wanted? No. Did they play a lot of places people did want? Yes.

When the lights go out and the band is on stage does it matter if it is the Sports Arena or Staples? No.
    :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AndyVanSlykeAndyVanSlyke Posts: 183

That Philly 3 show took my voice away, literally. I couldn't speak for Philly 4. :lol: It was an amazing show.

I think they should do at least 6 Philly shows...(says a bitter Pittsburghite) :lol: :x
    Pittsburgh 2003/Pittsburgh 2006/Outside Lands 2009/Bridge School 2010/Pittsburgh 2013
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    I have 6 vacation days I'm holding to see how this all plays out
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • Options
    jen.ryanjen.ryan Posts: 339
    someone I know that follow pj close too think more date might be added, anyone know. I hear rumors of Albany ny on oct 13, that would leave them 2 days still to get to Worcester.

2nd one is heard rumor of 2nd Worcester show oct 16 if first sell out?

also hear rumor of mgm grand show in las vegas on nov 18, and a 2nd Oakland show on nov 27 if first sell out.

I hope las vegas is true give them 2 day to get from dallas, then play phoenix next night is duable. just hard to believe pj skips vegas again there no shows here since 2006, and pj used to always play vegas and it always sold out 06 was sold out or near sold out it was great crowd and setlist too, only show I ever saw them open the concert with inside job

literally just got off the phone with the box office at the Times Union Center in Albany (518-487-2000 if you would like to call and pester too!)
    - while the woman wouldnt give me much info as she was very reluctant to say the least...saying she wasnt allowed to speak on the topic....she did admit they are working on it and even said it was at least 50/50 that it would happen....
    1992 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/4/ (Lollapalooza)
    1996 - Buffalo NY 10/1
    1998 - New York (MSG) 9/11
    2000 - Saratoga Springs NY 8/27/
    2006 - New York (Ed Sullivan Theater) 5/4, Albany NY 5/12, Boston MA 5/24
    2008 - Hartford CT 6/27 Mansfield MA 6/28
    2010 - Hartford CT 5/15/10, New York (MSG) 5/21/10
    2013 - WRIGLEY! 7/21 Worcester MA 10/16, Hartford CT 10/25
    2015 - Philly 4/28, Philly 4/29, Fenway 8/5
    Eddie Solo
    Boston Opera House 8/2/08, Albany Palace Theatre 6/9/09

• Options
    pearl jam tour management is clueless I see Portland is November 29th , now Portland last time didn't sell very well right? something else big is going on in Oregon that same day on the 29th, its civil war between Oregon vs Oregon st. man I was thinkin of going to Portland then maybe try to catch a game the next day or something sucks it both on the same day, my guess is Portland will not sell out, but may help I think the game is 4p start? pj is probably 730 opening band. but how far is it from Eugene to Portland an hour drive traffic would be crazy