Options

Under 35 and 10C# under 150***? Rollcall?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 198
    I'm 34 and am 64xxx. The comments about how us old-timers have had our chance is bogus, because I was young and poor when I "had my chance" and wasn't able to go to many shows. Now I am financially able to go, and I feel like my membership value has diminished. Not to say I'm not excited about GA. If I am lucky enough to get drawn for GA tix, I will be stoked. But if I get stuck behind the pit, I will be disappointed. At 5'1, I won't be able to see anything.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 198
    Actually, on second thought, I don't feel my membership value has diminished. I would prefer GA over anything, because getting in the front row is in my hands and no one else's. Also GA is usually better crowd than seats. My biggest problem here (and it's MY problem, not a problem with the 10C) is that for so many years, I haven't had to worry about not having good seats. If I scored tix, I was golden. Now, I may or may not get GA, and if I don't get GA I am much further away than I've ever been. Yes. I am spoiled. Especially since I am FINALLY able to go to a bunch of shows on one tour, I can't help but feeling that I missed out in not being able to before now.

At any rate, I'm just happy there IS another tour. I am praying to every god I can think of that I get picked in all the drawings I entered, and if I get GA or reserved, I will be stoked. But I will miss the peace of mind that I used to have about having good seats. That is all.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    My daughter is 24 and 144,XXX.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    APlasticHeartAPlasticHeart Dunedin, FL Posts: 52
    153xxx and 30. I am always around old folk. Boo.
    1996: Hartford
    1998: Mansfield 1
    2000: Mansfield 1 & 2
    2003: Albany, Uniondale, Mansfield 1, 2 & 3
    2004: Boston 1 & 2
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2
    2008: Columbia, Virginia Beach, Camden 1 & 2, Washington D. C., Hartford, Mansfield 1 & 2
    2010: Boston
    2011: East Troy 1 & 2
    2012: Pensacola
    2013: Worcester 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    147*** Just turned 35 last wednesday.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I almost fit in... I'm 37 but my # is in the low 130,000s
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    I don't quite fit in but I'm 29, 189xxx joined when I was 15!

edited to add: Monday can't come soon enough. this is my first time doing the lottery business and all I want is a ticket to the show in my backyard...hope this works out for all of us... :?
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Thanks all! Those of you who fall just outside of the under 35/150*** by a few years/few thousand member numbers are more than welcome to consider themselves amongst this "group". I just had to set a general baseline of some sort. Oh, and my "stats" are 10C# 115*** and I'm 31 years old. I joined when I was 12.

Some of you got to go to shows at a very young age! Awesomesauce. I had to wait until I was 16, and couldn't use my 10C ticket privilege until 2005 'cause of money and transportation issues. I've always been happy with my seats. I'm slowly warming up to the idea of GA since it's all 10C members, but I've had some bad GA experiences in the past, so I want to spectate this time around to see how it goes. I put GA in my lottery picks anyway, but as 3rd and 4th priority, selection is highly unlikely. If I actually do win GA, then I'll roll with it and hope for the best ... and sharpen my nails and wear a really pointy hat. :evil:

It's been confirmed that the side sections closest to the stage are allocated for low numbers, so that's rad. I love being at stage level. I gave up on front row when the 1-2, 9-10 lottery was initiated. Front row would have been a sure bet in short order (especially if I travelled to, say, Saskatoon), but that lottery stunted it severely. When it was first announced, I was pretty sour about it. Childhood dream finally within reality's grasp, then dashed. Sounds melodramatic, but it really did spawn in childhood for me. Pearl Jam never got to witness the energy our group could bring, with exceptions for the few of you who did get front row on occasion. However, I certainly can't begrudge those who have benefited, as I don't think they are any less deserving to be up there. I'm not so sour anymore. Just ... wistful.

GA front row ... well, it's front row, yay! But behind you is a potential maelstrom of "Concert Darwinism". All I can do is hope the 10C GA pit crowds show each other a healthy amount of respect, no matter how much alcohol they get in them.

I could go on and on ... :P Just so much to cover. Thank you for sharing your experiences and opinions with me! I think our group is a minority that's been sorta caught in this grey area of ticket policy changes. Some stuff about it sucks and some stuff about it is awesome. But for the club overall, I think this is a move in positive direction. Also, this thread didn't degenerate into vitriol, so clearly we're a higher order within the 10C Member species. ;) Heh.

Now hurry up, Monday!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    35 and 139xxx. My next show will be number 49
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mookyb69mookyb69 Posts: 95
    34, 105,xxx Fucking love it.....
  • Options
    hailhail8hailhail8 Posts: 269
    35. #142xxx. Member since 1996-1998.