Anyone still here that I know?

firefairyfirefairy Posts: 113
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi y'all-
It's been a really long time since I have been here. Life just became...well life I guess. I don't recognize many names now. But I have missed talking to people who have the same interests as I do.

I could not be here now as much as I was long ago, my job title has become much more than just stay at home mom to 1 little boy. But, occasionally....Anyway, I don't want to monopolize time with such a boring topic, so if there is anyone here that knows me just pm or email me. And, for all the faces unfamiliar to me, if time permits or enough time passes, (life thing again) I'd be happy to know y'all as well.

Shae :)
“Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.” -Stella Adler
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    You don't know me, but the name is Rico. Nice to meet you Shae. :)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • firefairyfirefairy Posts: 113
    Thank you Rico,
    It's nice to meet you too. By the way, I like your signature, since I work with metal and gems it seems encouraging in some way to me.
    “Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.” -Stella Adler
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I don't think we've met either, but HI! I'm Jo.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,649
    Greeting, Shae. I'm Brian. Nice to meet you. I've been enjoying lots of good company and discussions and just plain fun here- an old fan but only just a few years on board here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Hi Jo and Brian,
    Nice to meet you both.

I actually posted way back on the original board, and then up until sometime in 2004. I've been away a long time. It's sometimes hard to know who might be who because people change screen names. Then, to make it even more difficult, there are many that get taken if the board is re-done. But, It's safe to say, I won't know anyone who came here after 2004.

However, I am glad to meet new people as well. At one time, I spent more hours in here than I really should have, but I could never find that kind of time now. It was fun at the time, but probably a bit sad. :oops: But, I've grown up....gotten old and am not interested in breaking rules or drawing too much attention to myself. Having a few minutes to myself here and there however, I just thought I'd spend them doing something I know always made me happy or brought my spirits up.

who knows we may have run across one another. I actually joined much earlier than my status says, but i let my membership lapse...ughh..could kick myself for that at ticket time. but yup, name changes over the years and all that.

either way, welcome back.
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    This might sound weird or something, but, do y'all see my avatar? I know before I could see my own, but maybe that has changed? Don't know if it's just not visible to me or if it isn't working at all.

firefairy wrote:
    This might sound weird or something, but, do y'all see my avatar? I know before I could see my own, but maybe that has changed? Don't know if it's just not visible to me or if it isn't working at all.

No, doesn't seem to be working.
    I've had that trouble that it doesn't show up right away if I change my pic.

Maybe go back to your profile page and make sure you've deleted the old photo, upload the new one again, and make sure you hit the save button. I am always forgetting that save button ;)
    peace,
    jo

Thanks Jo,
    I'll try that. I may have forgotten the save....lol

• PapPap Posts: 28,764
    Hello Shae! :wave: I'm Panos. Pleased to meet you! :D And welcome back! :mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Thanks Panos,
    It's nice to meet you too!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Hi Shae, I remember your user name from way back when. Don't know if you remember me or not.

Welcome back. :D
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    hi
    i'm gayle
    aka miss dickweed
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Hi Shae!
    I'm Susan. Welcome back! I've been a member for quite a while, but have only ventured onto the boards in the last couple of years (I'm not sure what took so long). Nice to meet you :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    I recognize the name. Anyway, back to the important question, how does one get their god@#$#% mother@$@$#@^#&^#%* avatar to show up?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    welcome back....

avatars were busted during the "upgrade"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    StillHere wrote:
    I don't think we've met either, but HI! I'm Jo.
    this here but im chadly not jo
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Hi Shae, I used to post a lot awhile back, then I didnt, now I do again. I might not one day though, then do it again. Capiche? ;)
    Snakeduck wrote:
    I recognize the name. Anyway, back to the important question, how does one get their god@#$#% mother@$@$#@^#&^#%* avatar to show up?

Do you really wanna freak us all out with a hybrid snakeduck photo?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Snakeduck wrote:

Do you really wanna freak us all out with a hybrid snakeduck photo?

Of course he does. :P

Hello Shae. :wave:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Hi Shae!! I remember you from Synergy!! I don't think we ever actually talked to one another back then, but hello welcome back!! I'm Tree by the way!! Good to see old names coming back!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I think I was on the old board a few times...anyway, welcome back!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hi Shae!! I remember you from Synergy!! I don't think we ever actually talked to one another back then, but hello welcome back!! I'm Tree by the way!! Good to see old names coming back!!
    Man, I haven't seen the word "Synergy" on here for ages...much like "Sony BBS" :mrgreen:

Howdy, Shae - not sure if you were under another username back then, but welcome back! Missing some other oldies but goodies.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I seem to recognize your face
    Haunting, familiar, yet i can't seem to place it
    Cannot find the candle of thought to light your name
    Lifetimes are catching up with me
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    I seem to recognize your face
    Haunting, familiar, yet i can't seem to place it
    Cannot find the candle of thought to light your name
    Lifetimes are catching up with me

Nice! ha ha...
    Of course my face is not showing up at the moment. But, I do remember you. How many lifetimes do you have left to catch up with...all nine still?
    firefairy wrote:
    Thank you Rico,
    It's nice to meet you too. By the way, I like your signature, since I work with metal and gems it seems encouraging in some way to me.

Thank you! :) And that is cool! Picked it because it's one of my favorite PJ lines! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

HI y'all.

Tree, I remember you from the other board as well. And I think we may have talked a bit, but I wasn't there a lot. Nice to see you here.

hedonist, I've always been firefairy (Shae), but I remember your name. I also remember Sony BBS, but I may have written there a handful of times. Mostly started out actually participating with the board change back then, I had to re-register in 2003 so I was actually around before that. I know what you mean, I guess it was wishful thinking to hope to see some of my old friends. Though I am glad to see a few, and the new faces as well. It seems to be less hostile now....

JohnnyPistachio, Capiche! I have been the same way.

PureandEasy, yes, I remember you! Nice to see you here again.

RKCNDY, eMMI, Susan, and 81....Hi to y'all too! :)

Chadwick, hi and thanks for replying to my tech question.

Snakeduck, I'm just waiting for my avatar to magically appear!!! lol

Gayle, I love the twist on your screen name!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Thought 1 post would be better than going through 10 of just hello. I hope anyway.
    So thanks for all the new welcomes and all the old welcome backs. Now, if this will just fall back a few hundred pages...lol.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    :wave:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Thank you! :) And that is cool! Picked it because it's one of my favorite PJ lines! :D

It is a beautiful line, isn't it. I think I would have a hard time choosing one line. But, some of my favorites are from Indifference and Nothingman. Though, Given to Fly is my favorite song.....still. Something about it.....

firefairy wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

It is a beautiful line, isn't it. I think I would have a hard time choosing one line. But, some of my favorites are from Indifference and Nothingman. Though, Given to Fly is my favorite song.....still. Something about it.....

It is hard just to pick one! My favorite PJ songs are Unthought Known, Wishlist and Light Years. Are you going to any shows this tour? Again, great to meet you! :)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:
    It is hard just to pick one! My favorite PJ songs are Unthought Known, Wishlist and Light Years. Are you going to any shows this tour? Again, great to meet you! :)

I love Wishlist, but it makes me miss my camaro!!!!!