Options

Printing Bootleg Artwork - Its kinda too small...Help!

dustinsleepingdustinsleeping Posts: 2
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Printed up the artwork for the 7/9/06 show and it is way too small to fit in a jewel case.

When I resize it in photoshop, it comes out kinda blurry (making something bigger in photoshop always does this).

So anyway...is this a common issue? Is there a fix for this?

Whats the score here?

Thanks for any help in advance.

D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    convert the files to jpegs.
  • Options
    MeijinMeijin Posts: 51
    Printed up the artwork for the 7/9/06 show and it is way too small to fit in a jewel case.

When I resize it in photoshop, it comes out kinda blurry (making something bigger in photoshop always does this).

So anyway...is this a common issue? Is there a fix for this?

Whats the score here?

Thanks for any help in advance.

D

Make sure it's printing out at the correct size -- so Photoshop isn't rescaling the file to fit the page (usually, it does an 8% reduction or so if I recall if you let it -- always "proceed" when it presents any dialog about the file clipping off the edge of the page.)

Also make sure the file's set up at the correct dimensions -- so it didn't get the dpi kicked and the file resampled in size. Make sure to import the PDF at about 300DPI -- the file should be 7.583 inches wide by 10.803 high @ 300dpi, 2275px wide and 3241px high.

Finally, if that doesn't work (it should), do a file-print with preview and make sure the scale is set to 100% and "scale to fit media" is unchecked.
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Meijin wrote:
    Make sure it's printing out at the correct size -- so Photoshop isn't rescaling the file to fit the page (usually, it does an 8% reduction or so if I recall if you let it -- always "proceed" when it presents any dialog about the file clipping off the edge of the page.)

Also make sure the file's set up at the correct dimensions -- so it didn't get the dpi kicked and the file resampled in size. Make sure to import the PDF at about 300DPI -- the file should be 7.583 inches wide by 10.803 high @ 300dpi, 2275px wide and 3241px high.

Finally, if that doesn't work (it should), do a file-print with preview and make sure the scale is set to 100% and "scale to fit media" is unchecked.

Ditto, you beat me to it...
  • Options
    I had the same problem, only I don't have Photoshop. Is there a way to make it the right size using Adobe?
  • Options
    I had the same problem, only I don't have Photoshop. Is there a way to make it the right size using Adobe?

Yes. On Adobe, you can take a 'snapshot' or something similar of your file. Just highlight the area you want (around the edge of your file) and click on the snapshot button.

Then just paste it to your jewel case program, and you can size it to fit.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC