I Really Hope You Get Tetanus

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
A personal message to the fucker(s) who broke into my (brand-new) camping trailer by shattering a window this weekend.

They cut themselves, dripped blood around, and apparently were too stupid to figure out how to unlock the door to get out.

So they rummaged through all my stuff.

Eventually, it seems it dawned on them that I didn't leave a pile of cash, bottles of high-value prescription drugs, or expensive small electronics in the trailer. D'oh.

They went back out the window (about 6 feet above ground), leaving behind my "MGH NURSING: SIMPLY THE BEST" backpack, six dog leashes, a box of Milk Bones, my Eddie Vedder beer coozie and two pink plastic flamingos.

Don't get a tetanus shot. Please don't.
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    That sucks! Sorry to hear it. You should get all CIA on their ass and take some blood in for DNA testing
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    That sucks! Sorry to hear it. You should get all CIA on their ass and take some blood in for DNA testing

I thought there would be some police interest in the bloody prints on the side of the trailer, but the officer who investigated was about 11, and he wasn't particularly enthusiastic. I think maybe his parents don't let him watch CSI yet.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i feel for ya....i hate those people
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    So they broke a window for nothing?

I bet the nursing backpack threw them off...they probably assumed that it was filled with prescription drugs since nurses always "just happen to carry drugs with them everywhere"... :roll:

Stupid criminals...don't they know how much those EV koozies go for on the black market!?!?!?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i saw on facebook..that sucks..sorry for that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Stupid criminals...don't they know how much those EV koozies go for on the black market!?!?!?

:lol:
    I can see the Kijiji ad now:
    One (1) Eddie Vedder beer koozie,
    vg condition.
    Slight staining on logo (red wine).
    $5 OBO.

Jackasses;
    I hope the repair bill isn't too ridiculous.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    swab that blood and get Horatio Cain on that fucker
    Thanks all!

The beer coozie was the first thing I saw when I opened the door and went in.

It was creepy, seeing my stuff strewn around. It could have been much, much worse though. As far as I can tell, they didn't damage anything else.

And yes, I checked the microwave and (shudder) the toilet.

Fuckers!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Criminals are bad. Petty criminals are annoying. STUPID petty criminals are the papercuts-on-a-skin-fold of the crime world.

Several years ago something similar happened to a friend. They broke the window to get into his car, rummaged around, found nothing, went through all the CDs he had in the car, took absolutely nothing and left. Didn't even take the radio! So he had to pay however much it was to replace the window right away and clean up the mess they made. :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    that really blows, sorry to hear that

Someone broke the window on my Honda once, took everything from the trunk, and left only my PJ tapes. :lol:

Guess they weren't a fan. :D
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Guess they weren't a fan. :D

Or...
    he/she was a TRUE fan,
    + though a thieving twit,
    would NEVER desecrate
    a fellow fan's collection.
    HONOUR THE CODE!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    duska3419 wrote:
    Criminals are bad. Petty criminals are annoying. STUPID petty criminals are the papercuts-on-a-skin-fold of the crime world.

Several years ago something similar happened to a friend. They broke the window to get into his car, rummaged around, found nothing, went through all the CDs he had in the car, took absolutely nothing and left. Didn't even take the radio! So he had to pay however much it was to replace the window right away and clean up the mess they made. :fp:

Yeah, my co-worker's apartment was burgled, and the burglar was caught because he left out the orange juice container to which he decided to help himself. NYPD matched up the saliva with the perp, and he's in jail now.

And he really had to scale the building and perform some other acrobatics to get into the place. Dummy!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    And just where were your dogs the whole time this was taking place? See, that's why I own cats...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Snakeduck wrote:
    And just where were your dogs the whole time this was taking place? See, that's why I own cats...

yeah, because the cats would've pointed them toward the good stuff
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

yeah, because the cats would've pointed them toward the good stuff

or just ran away and hid under the bed with Sweet Pea.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Alas, the unlost dogs were home. (My trailer is stored at a landscaping company across town.)

So here's the latest.

Called the dealership, where I spent $26k on this brand-new trailer in February. Service guy who answers the phone could not be less interested or less helpful. No, I can't bring it down and leave it there for them to fix. It could take a week, or a month, or maybe more for a new window to come in.

No, they can't take the measurements and order the window based on FOUR OF THE EXACT SAME UNITS that are currently on the lot because "the windows could be different sizes." IT"S THE EXACT SAME YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL, I say. He replies, "But sometimes the carpeting and stuff is different." :fp: This was an idiot studying to be a moron.

Ask for the service manager, get the snippiest woman ever. No, I can't bring it down and leave it for them to fix. Says why can't I just measure it myself. I respond, "I don't even like to measure window treatments, if it's a millimeter off, it could leak or not fit properly and then I'll find that out when I'm driving at highway speeds." I say, "I would like to have a professional measure it. She says, "Don't you have a ruler? Can't you just measure it yourself?"

Finally she says she'll have the GM call me.

I call another RV dealership. Incredibly helpful and sympathetic lady answers the service desk phone, says they'll do whatver they can to help, but that it could be a couple of weeks. Suggests I call an auto glass company, see if they have a better turnaround time, and to call her back if I don't have any luck.

Called autoglass company. Also very helpful, think they might be able to fix it for me. And best of all... more excellent customer service!

I will not bring the RV back to the original dealership ever again. I don't care if I have to pay out of pocket for something that's under warranty. I wouldn't give them the time of day, let alone my business.
    He replies, "But sometimes the carpeting and stuff is different."

he is my new favorite person...that's an awesomely pointless response!
    :fp: This was an idiot studying to be a moron.

This is my new favorite quote ^^^ :lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    norm wrote:

I know, right?!? I get more thoughful opinions from my semi-senile Coonhound.

I couldn't believe how awful they both were. The GM of the dealership called me back, but I'm waiting until I'm less infuriated to return the call.

I mean, I HAVE SENIORITY!!!!

:lolno:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

and this is my new favorite post of the day. :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,798
    norm wrote:

I know, right?!? I get more thoughful opinions from my semi-senile Coonhound.

I couldn't believe how awful they both were. The GM of the dealership called me back, but I'm waiting until I'm less infuriated to return the call.

I should think you also have part ownership in that dealership from the money you've spent in repairs to the old one alone!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:

No no...it's actually true. The carpet is often different...
    norm wrote:

yes, but if the stuff is different then we have a problem
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

yes, but if the stuff is different then we have a problem

true...the stuff needs to be absolutely identical.
    Hey, here's the best part... the other vehicle they broke into?

A 1980 Cadillac hearse that hasn't moved in years.

so they're pattern thives :think:

I can say with confidence that it was not Whitey.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

I thought there would be some police interest in the bloody prints on the side of the trailer, but the officer who investigated was about 11, and he wasn't particularly enthusiastic. I think maybe his parents don't let him watch CSI yet.

I always thought fireman were much more caring than cops ;) . Glad nothing of value was lost.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!