Options

Best Boots of 2000 & 2003 Tours

joshlsjoshls Posts: 39
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
What are the essential boots from these tours?
I already have from 00'
Detroit
New Orleans (Awesome!)
Katowice
Praha
Seattle

From 03'
Detroit 1 & 2
State College

What should I look for?
"I'll see you on the other side." - Sleight of Hand

Top Bands
1. Pearl Jam - Vs. , Ten , Avocado , Yield , Vitalogy , Binaural , No Code , Riot Act.
2. Tool - Lateralus , Aenima , 10,000 days , Undertow , Opiate
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    joshls wrote:
    What are the essential boots from these tours?
    I already have from 00'
    Detroit
    New Orleans (Awesome!)
    Katowice
    Praha
    Seattle

From 03'
    Detroit 1 & 2
    State College

What should I look for?

2000:
    Los Angeles
    East Troy,WI
    Las Vegas

2003:
    Holmdel,NJ
    Osaka,Japan
    Missoula
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    All 5 Japan ones are my favorite from 2003. There are great ones from NA - Buffalo, the third night of Boston (all 3 are actually good), but I end up listening to the Japan ones the most. The boys seemed to feel really free to play however they wanted, whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted and it showed. Great stuff.

From 2000, Jones Beach 3, Pittsburgh, Philly, Chicago and Tampa are great. I thought that by the time they hit the West Coast they lost some steam, but Boise is nice. Las Vegas is a favorite but I think overrated.

Or you could just buy 'em all!!
  • Options
    mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    Champaign 2003 is SWEET!! Must have.

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Albuquerque 2000 is too often overlooked IMO. Then again, I may have a bias becuase I was there. Still holds up as a powerful show many years later....

From Five Horizons....

10/20/00 - Mesa del Sol Amphitheatre: Albuquerque, NM
    attendance: 12,000
    support act: Supergrass
    set: Of The Girl, Do The Evolution, Hail Hail, Grievance, Corduroy, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Evacuation, Wishlist, Untitled, MFC, Habit, In My Tree, Daughter/(WMA), Insignificance, Better Man, Black
    enc 1: Go, State of Love and Trust, Even Flow, Elderly Woman, Whipping, Rearviewmirror
    enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter, Rockin' In The Free World
    notes: An unexpectedly powerful show with a kick ass audience. "It's nice to have a gathering like this in Albuquerque, New Mexico ... thanks for being here," Ed greets the crowd. 'Wishlist' has a major lyric mishap, and Ed ends the song with "I wish I wish I wish I wasn't the guy who forgot the words, I wish I wish I wish I wish...I guess it could be worse." (Even Flow by contrast was pretty damn perfect.) 'Untitled' is very extended, and the lyrics are modified to "18 minutes or so" tonight. 'Habit' is also oddly extended and Ed is "speaking as a child of the earth." Matt nails 'In My Tree.' McCready causes mass panic by ripping out the opening riffs to David Bowie's 'Ziggy Stardust' while the techs deal with some issues prior to 'RVM.' The highlight of the show was none other than Jesse, who is probably 9 years old, and is pulled out of the audience by Ed during 'RITFW' and gets to dance onstage, and then on Ed's shoulders, and then Ed runs him around to Matt's drum riser, Matt gives him a drum stick and they play drums together. Oh, and if the kid with the tape recorder that Ed spoke into during "Yellow Ledbetter" is reading us, drop us a line. :-)
  • Options
    Detroit night 2 of 2003 is fantastic.
  • Options
    Milan 2000
    MSG2 2003
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    Jones Beach night 3 '00
    Perth '03
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall