Losing Water Weight

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So I got put on Zyprexa a couple of months ago and my weight has just ballooned to the heaviest I've ever been. I've read that it causes you to retain water, so I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on a way to ditch this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    acupuncture? :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Furosemide.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mca47 wrote:
    Furosemide.
    water pill?

makes ya pee a lot. drink water & flush yourself out & avoid salty foods.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    If you don't mind running to the can every 10 minutes for a few hours, a maximum+ dose of Milk of Magnesia will do the trick. Body builders do it before competitions. Gross but true. Highly effective. Combine with low sodium intake and drinking lots of water (because the more water you drink, and less you'll retain, because human bodies actually act like camels. If you don't want to retain water, drink lots of it).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    If you don't mind running to the can every 10 minutes for a few hours, a maximum+ dose of Milk of Magnesia will do the trick. Body builders do it before competitions. Gross but true. Highly effective. Combine with low sodium intake and drinking lots of water (because the more water you drink, and less you'll retain, because human bodies actually act like camels. If you don't want to retain water, drink lots of it).

Thanks a lot, guys. It's just so damned frustrating. I think I'll try the milk of magnesia this weekend.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Well, there are veggies and herbs that are said to have a diuretic effect too. Like Parsley, ginger, dandelion, celery, asparagus, water melon, water cress, cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar and also coffee. If you don't want to go the chemistry route ... Here's a list: http://www.nowloss.com/natural-diuretic ... weight.htm

But like with everything, inform yourselves before you self-medicate. Get better soon :wave:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Thanks a lot, guys. It's just so damned frustrating. I think I'll try the milk of magnesia this weekend.
    Just don't make any other plans. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Well, there are veggies and herbs that are said to have a diuretic effect too. Like Parsley, ginger, dandelion, celery, asparagus, water melon, water cress, cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar and also coffee. If you don't want to go the chemistry route ... Here's a list: http://www.nowloss.com/natural-diuretic ... weight.htm

But like with everything, inform yourselves before you self-medicate. Get better soon :wave:

I can confirm that watermelon (actually any melon) makes you pee like a racehorse.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Researched the pill after i posted.

removed comment- meant no disrespect.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....