Options

***THE WEIGHT LOSS AND EXERCISE THREAD***

13»

Comments

• Options

I'm own 71 pounds now.

Wow, keep up the great work <:-P have you got photos of the new you? </p>
    Thanks I will! Technically yes I have photos but I don't plan on posting those until I hit 100 I think. But there is a major difference in how I looked then and now, it's crazy. It's a great feeling.

I'm own 71 pounds now.

That's an amazing accomplishment! Great job!
    Thanks!!!
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Great Job to everyone! Losing weight can be frustrating but also so very rewarding.

I did P90x-twice. Lost close to 30 pounds, and have kept it off for over a year (I started a thread on here). I have a gym membership and go when I can.

All I can say is that everybody is different, and what works for some, may not work for others.
    What worked for me was:
    I cut out processed foods, HFCs and eat as much organic as I can.
    I eat at home 90% of the time, and try for 60-90gm of protein a day.
    Lots of water...waterwaterwater. Drink a big glass before each meal: it helps the food you eat 'expand' in your stomach, so when you eat slower, you get full faster.
    I don't worry about carbs or fat that much-I stay away from any 'partially hydrogenated' fats, and we cook with coconut oil.

Thankfully where I live, most of the restaurants serve fresh made foods made with produce from the local farmer's market.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    ^^^^ excellent advice
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited February 2020

Down 18lbs in 2020 so far.  I've done the same diet three times now in 7 years.  Lost 50lbs the first time in 4.5 months.  Gained about 25lbs over the next five years and did the diet again for three months and lost that 25.  Now three years later I gained the 25lbs back and doing the diet again.  My diet is 90% fast food when I'm not in weight loss mode.  My busiest time of work is January to April so my diet is essentially this for those months:

Breakfast - bowl of cereal (Corn Flakes, Wheaties, Rice Krispies)

Lunch - frozen meal (250 - 450 cal)

Dinner - frozen meal (250 - 450 cal)

Snack - energy bar, cheese, candy bar..as needed (easy to snack reasonably when the main meals have so little calories)

Exercise - not much.  Maybe run every couple weeks. Hit golf balls at the range. 

Fluids - 64 oz water.  2 diet cokes.  2 coffee (black)

Sleep - 6-8 hours

After 6 weeks I'm down 18lbs and only 7lbs from my goal!  It is a calorie game.  Burn more than I eat.  First week lost 6 lbs and now averaging 1.5 to 2.5 lbs per week which is a healthy amount I think.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So many old names on this thread!  And congratulations to everyone on their goals and achievements.  I hope the hard work and habits have continued since this thread was started quite awhile ago.

I'm working on putting on more weight - healthily - little by little.  Currently I'm at 107 (5'3" height).

I don't really count calories (though I do weigh myself every morning).  Mainly I stick with smallish portions of something fresh, whether it be yogurt and fruit, half an english muffin with milk, nuts, an apple and chunk of swiss, noodle salad with kale and grains, etc.  Definitely better than I used to eat a couple of years ago!  Though I will indulge in the occasional sweets or pizza or the perfect cheeseburger.

And always lots of water.

Exercise-wise, working my way through and up.  Walking every day when I can, doing strength exercises for my legs, back and upper body, just listening to my body more - of which I was woefully neglectful before.  At the beginning, it was like starting from scratch, with atrophied muscles.  The old saw, "no pain, no gain" ain't bullshit, that's for sure.

(Great job on the water, bootlegger.  AND the sleep!)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I tried to bulk up some muscle this winter...I put on 30lbs from my summer low, so I've got some work to do this spring lol
    I've got about 15lbs before the abs start peeking out again, should be there by April, then another 10 to lean out the rest of the way.
    Yeeeehaw.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?