Property taxes

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
ahhh...

nice 8.5% increase :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

can i just have my 300 library fee back...and while you are at it...be great if i could get my 360 park district fee back...what the hell...while we are at it...how bout that community college fee......and really....they already rank in the suckage catagory..so...does it really matter if you get my money for them? no? i didn't think so.

nor do i care about the forest preserve, the county, public saftey in the county...and have you seen my health care expense at work? do i really need to pay for health facilities too.

i will however, take your mosquito abatement

i look forward to my refund.

fuckers
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    can this be the rambling-on-about-stuff-that-pisses-me-off thread? I could use that
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Do you pay for that bean to get shined as well?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Do you pay for that bean to get shined as well?

81 gets his bean shined? :shock:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mmmm...i love a good bean shining
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    If I see this fucking thing I am going to spit on it.

Maybe throw a dip on it

337px-Cloud_Gate_(The_Bean)_from_east'.jpg
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    81 wrote:
    ahhh...

can i just have my 300 library fee back...and while you are at it...be great if i could get my 360 park district fee back...what the hell...while we are at it...how bout that community college fee......and really....they already rank in the suckage catagory..so...does it really matter if you get my money for them? no? i didn't think so.

nor do i care about the forest preserve, the county, public saftey in the county...and have you seen my health care expense at work? do i really need to pay for health facilities too.

fuckers

I had a almost 30% increase a few years ago, did a tax appeal, hired a guy for 500 and it was reduced back to what i was previously paying. You wont be able to file until next April and if successful you should see it drop by Q4 2014.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

wow...twice a day, impressive!

Wiki:
    The lower 6 feet (1.8 m) of Cloud Gate is wiped down twice a day by hand, while the entire sculpture is cleaned twice a year with 40 U.S. gallons (33 imp gal; 150 L) of liquid detergent. The daily cleanings use a Windex-like solution, while the semi-annual cleanings use Tide.[42] In addition to the scheduled cleanings, the work endures periodic vandalism, including a notable February 2009 incident during which two names were etched in letters about 1 inch (25 mm) tall on the northeast side of the curved sculpture. The graffiti was removed by the same firm that did the original polishing.[43]
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

wow...twice a day, impressive!

Wiki:
    The lower 6 feet (1.8 m) of Cloud Gate is wiped down twice a day by hand, while the entire sculpture is cleaned twice a year with 40 U.S. gallons (33 imp gal; 150 L) of liquid detergent. The daily cleanings use a Windex-like solution, while the semi-annual cleanings use Tide.[42] In addition to the scheduled cleanings, the work endures periodic vandalism, including a notable February 2009 incident during which two names were etched in letters about 1 inch (25 mm) tall on the northeast side of the curved sculpture. The graffiti was removed by the same firm that did the original polishing.[43]

What a fucking joke
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    If I see this fucking thing I am going to spit on it.

Maybe throw a dip on it

337px-Cloud_Gate_(The_Bean)_from_east'.jpg

dip would have been too much. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    81 wrote:
    ahhh...

fuckers

they did a sneaky one on me for 2013.

I got a steal of a price on my house when I bought it in 2011.... caught someone in a shitty situation and got it well below market value.

in 2012 they tried to increase it by 35%. I fought it, won, and got my tax value set at one i paid for this house.

in 2013 they increased my value by about 11%... however the value is well below market, so I've got no leg to stand on in fighting to get it lowered.... can't even hire one of those low budget lawyers to take on my case... they don't want it.

so long story short I'm out about $400 due to HCAD's sneaky tactics..... fuckers...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.