Options

NEW PEARL JAM SONG ‘SIRENS’ COMPARED TO ‘BLACK’

2»

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=28015

AlternativeNation.net reader/contributor PJ has given more thoughts on Pearl Jam’s new track “Sirens” off their upcoming 10th album:

“Ya know some people are gonna be let down by this comparison. Nothing will be like Black. This record isn’t coming out in 1991 and this isn’t the end all be all ballad of unrequited love.

But musically, I have never been taken back by a PJ song on my first listen like this and I love all their songs and am an obsessive bootleg collector. It fits the same mold as Black would if it were to just be released is my point. And yes, Mike McCready is as Dimi has said 1000000 times, God. On this one especially..

Mind Your Manners is an obvious first choice for a single of the four that I heard. The same as Save You, WWS & The Fixer were in retrospect. People like myself and those commenting on the boards about this are gonna eat this shit up regardless of what the single is. The general music listening population doesn’t know shit from roses so you won’t hear this song til October. They could have gone with the Uke song had it not been off Ukelele Songs but Mind Your Manners it the best choice. If you look back at the August 2009 leg they did before Backspacer was released on a Sunday in September, they were only playing The Fixer, Got Some and debuted Supersonic. I would expect the same and you will hear Mind Your Manners and MAYBE that Uke song because it’s not really new at the two July shows coming up.

Don’t know what else there is to say. Hope you’ve enjoyed what I have had to report but if you’re putting all your expectations in hearing Black 2… you’re for lack of a better saying… really fucking stupid.

Love your PJ. They’re the greatest band ever. Stop being so cynical about them. It is what it is. Matt Cameron is the greatest.

PEACE & you can all buy me beers in Brooklyn.

(Not calling you stupid, Brett. Love the site. Keep it up) :)

PJ left a series of comments on our May 31st story about Pearl Jam’s Mind Your Manners single.

He claimed that when a countdown clock showed up on Pearl Jam’s website, the band would announce their full fall tour a week later. He said the date of the announcement would be July 8th. He also claimed that the tour will take place in October, and that the album is likely to be released before the tour and that it could come out on October 1st. Usually I wouldn’t buy into comment rumors like this but PJ was correct a month ago regarding Pearl Jam’s announcement date being July 8th.

To be honest this means nothing. Just like if you read a review of an album it means nothing til your own ears have heard the song/album. How do we know this is real? We had 2 different tracklistings the other week and Sirens was on neither. ;)

Personally speaking, from now on in I'll be avoiding all speculation regarding the new stuff until I have the LP booklet in my hands and that wax getting it's first spin on the record player.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I can't wait to hear the wax spinning......that would be sweet to get the vault vinyl one week and the next week have the new album show up!!!!! Are they gonna play any new songs at Wrigley??
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    I can't wait to hear the wax spinning......that would be sweet to get the vault vinyl one week and the next week have the new album show up!!!!! Are they gonna play any new songs at Wrigley??
    yes,they will!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    yes,they will!!
    I can't hardly fucking wait!!!!!!!! When is the first single coming out?? After the countdown?
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:

I'm so ready to party and hear them guitars screaming!!
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:
    yes,they will!!
    I can't hardly fucking wait!!!!!!!! When is the first single coming out?? After the countdown?
    im so sure about it as sure im from Greece..lol..
    monday is so close..lets see!!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023
    juddboz80 wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

I'm so ready to party and hear them guitars screaming!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    :crazy:
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    :corn: :clap:8-) :corn:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1