Options

*** Countdown 2 is on...! ***

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I want an album release date too. I hope there is not a third countdown. Honestly, one was enough.

There will be. To 12 AM EDT October 15.

I can't imagine they'd release a single and not have album information too. "Here's the new single from Pearl Jam! 'From what?' you ask??? It's a secret! Just a disembodied single! With a lot of hoopla!"
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Happy New Pearl Jam Day! Only 4 hours to go! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    wuzenwuzen Posts: 15
    I agree but maybe there will be countdowns for London and Chicago then the album

My source tells me "no" ;)

Who is your source? ;)

Hahah, Their source is the source. They are completely correct about the 95 day countdown, which I find to be such a lame move on PJs part. Why set a countdown for 95 days? Ugh. Mind Your Manners better hold up because this "artwork" tease has been nothing but disappointing with that crappy clip art and this multiple countdown business has already lost its luster. Can't believe there will be another one set for 95 days. They are basically telling everyone that nothing is going to be going on for that amount of time. So the publicity they are getting for these countdowns now is going to be negated by everyone knowing nothing else is coming for 95 days.
    there's so much more to see in the darkest places
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Now serving Spiritual Warfare??????
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    wmbrunowmbruno Posts: 1
    No MSG in Leg one. Anyone know the chances of additional dates being added.
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Site is already slowing down and there is still 3 hours left
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    wmbruno wrote:
    Brooklyn is this years MSG.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    oysterjar wrote:
    They should realese 1 second of each song tomorrow. And then later on release another second, and another second and fans have to splice it together.

Then when the album hits you have like 30 second snippets from each song released :)

Or, realese like 5 seconds from one song each week but the fans have to figure out where in the song the snippets belong and puzzle it together to form the next single after MYM.

Although ingenious, I would throw every radio across the room if they did this.
    :lol: Same here.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    wuzen wrote:
    My source tells me "no" ;)

Who is your source? ;)

Hahah, Their source is the source. They are completely correct about the 95 day countdown, which I find to be such a lame move on PJs part. Why set a countdown for 95 days? Ugh. Mind Your Manners better hold up because this "artwork" tease has been nothing but disappointing with that crappy clip art and this multiple countdown business has already lost its luster. Can't believe there will be another one set for 95 days. They are basically telling everyone that nothing is going to be going on for that amount of time. So the publicity they are getting for these countdowns now is going to be negated by everyone knowing nothing else is coming for 95 days.
    You may be taking it too seriously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I want an album release date too. I hope there is not a third countdown. Honestly, one was enough.

I can't imagine they'd release a single and not have album information too. "Here's the new single from Pearl Jam! 'From what?' you ask??? It's a secret! Just a disembodied single! With a lot of hoopla!"

So you're saying it would be like Olé?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

So you're saying it would be like Olé?

Were there countdowns and tour legs in support of Olé?
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    Most unproductive week for PJfam work wise since ummm 2009? Or 2011? This is torture! I was so bummed to read the Global Citizen email this morning, I was really thinking they were playing central park!

I'm so jealous of you Chi town fans, 8 days you lucky bastards! :lol:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    wmbruno wrote:

I heard they're renovating MSG so that could be the reason.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    jerseygenx wrote:
    I'm so jealous of you Chi town fans, 8 days you lucky bastards! :lol:
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BW188259BW188259 Posts: 1
    wmbruno wrote:

MSG will be under renovation during the fall. They are adding the suspended bridges in the arena this year. Every off season (Knicks & Rangers) for the last couple years MSG has had renovations in the inside of the arena. I believe this is the last year of renovations.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I think you NYC folks will survive - you're surrounded by dates in other places a reasonable drive away 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    I think you NYC folks will survive - you're surrounded by dates in other places a reasonable drive away 8-)

We have it good, I know it and appreciate the east coast love they always share. Philly and NYC are both close, and 95 will take us to CT, MA, MD. These last few years I'm itching to see them on their own turf. Seattle is a great city. Less than 30 mins folks..... tick tock tick tock!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    jerseygenx wrote:

We have it good, I know it and appreciate the east coast love they always share. Philly and NYC are both close, and 95 will take us to CT, MA, MD. These last few years I'm itching to see them on their own turf. Seattle is a great city. Less than 30 mins folks..... tick tock tick tock!

8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    JK_Livin wrote:
    wmbruno wrote:

I heard they're renovating MSG so that could be the reason.

This is true. MSG is completely closed until (November?) for massive renovations.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Ok...

*phew*

That song obviously kicks the fixer's ass.

*head spinning*
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Ok...

*phew*

That song obviously kicks the fixer's ass.

*head spinning*
    :lol: Agreed. I love it!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,263
    Countdown 3 is on!... And MYM sound a lot like a Soundgarden song. Probably all the credits gone to Mr. Cameron. ;)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    pjtaper wrote:
    would rather they just announce something instead of telling me when they are going to announce something.
    This is going to drive me and everybody nuts unless each day we get something.
    hype to sell more of the crappy merch they are about to announce! :fp: :corn: :nono: :twisted:

mind your manners taper
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Countdown 3 ... 94 days .. is obviously the release date for Lightning Bolt.

Was hoping to get an Australian 2014 tour announcement before the end of this year. :(
  • Options
    After playing it on Aussie radio this morning, triple m all but guaranteed that the boys would be back early 2014. Apparently Mick Molloy knows the dates! Happy days!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    After playing it on Aussie radio this morning, triple m all but guaranteed that the boys would be back early 2014. Apparently Mick Molloy knows the dates! Happy days!

Yay! :clap::clap:

Not sure if I'd believe anything Mick Molloy says though. :lol:
  • Options
    I like when countdowns skip ahead 12 hours!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    E.K wrote:
    Countdown 3 ... 94 days .. is obviously the release date for Lightning Bolt.

Was hoping to get an Australian 2014 tour announcement before the end of this year. :(

I think it might be. If not Australia, someplace else, but I think the countdown will unlock another countdown with dates for a 3rd tour leg. It would make sense.

When Backspacer was released they played 31 shows across Europe, NA, and Aus/NZ
    When Avocado was released they played more than twice that many shows in the same regions.

Since the album is being released relatively late in the year, it seems to me to be within reason that PJ might announce Jan/Feb tour dates down under, then maybe swing back through Europe in the spring?

This is 100% speculation on my part, I know nothing and am not qualified to speculate. But a girl can dream can't she?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,263
    duska3419 wrote:
    ... Then maybe swing back through Europe in the spring?... A girl can dream can't she?

Yes, yes, yes! :P
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Europe summer 2014??