Options

East Rutherford Pre-Party Bar?

hawkeye8388hawkeye8388 Posts: 47
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I will be flying in for the show and not familar with the area. Any idea where everyone will be paryting before the show?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SpinMeRoundSpinMeRound Posts: 14
    Meadowlands is in the middle of a swamp. However, I'm sure people will be tailgaiting in the parking lot (which is huge). also, manhattan is just about a 15-minute bus ride away if you plan on hanging out in the city before the show.
    Buffalo '96, Merriweather '98, VFC (D.C.) '98, Jones Beach III '00, Buffalo '03, Camden I '03, MSG I & II '03, Albany '06, East Rutherford II '06, MSG II '08, MSG I '10
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    there's a thread on the porch....i'll see if i can dig it up. some boardie has a bar not too far from the meadowlands and thus starting the pre-party there....and then moving it to tailgating. if i find the thread, i'll edit this post and include said info. :)

hereya go:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=170106

and the specific bar info:
    A) Before hitting up the Venue, a bunch of us will be hangin out at a chill atmosphere'd Bar in North Jersey; 4Heather on here OWNS it, very cool! - Art O'Neils Pub in North Arlington - http://www.artoneillspubnj.com/
    It's roughly 20-25minutes from the Venue, right off the Turnpike & Route 3. Very easy to commute from. Follow the link for Directions and locals. Departing from there in the early afternoon, then heading to the Continental Venue as OnE bIg Pj CaRaVaN.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PearlinitPearlinit Posts: 28
    I am in the same boat. I am flying in from Alabama, and looking for a place to hang before/after. I am in the process of finding a hotel now. Any recommendations anyone?

~do this~
    ... two birds is what they'll see ... getting lost upon their way ...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Pearlinit wrote:
    I am in the same boat. I am flying in from Alabama, and looking for a place to hang before/after. I am in the process of finding a hotel now. Any recommendations anyone?

~do this~
    place to hang: see above.
    for hotel recommendations, see thread linked above.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    As someone else mentioned, this place really is in a swamp. There are definitely NO bars within walking distance, so you'd be better off Tailgating in the Parking Lot for a few hours.
    "Delight in Our Youth"