Sidonglobophobia

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I have this..

I cant believe it actually has a name :D

what "phobia" you got?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls

Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls - Definition
    This article contains facts and information about Cotton Balls. What exactly are Fear and Phobias? What is fear? What is a phobia? What is the difference between fears and phobias? If you are looking for helpful and valuable facts about Sidonglobophobia, the following information details some very important points and aspects about this phobia, including the treatment and advise available to help overcome and conquer this phobia.

Definition: Sidonglobophobia is often a sensory fear as sufferers often cannot bear to touch cotton balls. It is not really a fear of cotton alone as most individuals do not mind ordinary cotton, for example, clothing. They simply do not like pure cotton balls. This fear is totally irrational as cotton balls will not harm an individual in any way at all.

Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls - Alternative Name
    The alternative name for Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls is as follows:

Bambakophobia

Causes of the Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls
    The exact cause of sidonglobophobia is unknown.

Effects and Symptoms of the Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls
    Sufferers of Sidonglobophobia are often freaked out by the feel of cotton balls. Individuals often cannot bear to touch cotton balls. It is not only the texture that gives them this uneasy, unusual anxious feeling, it is also the sound that cotton balls make when they are rubbed together or pulled apart. The noise simply makes some individuals feel physically sick. Cotton Balls can make some individuals feel petrified and on the verge of tears or even hyperventilate. Some experience panic attacks. Some even feel afraid by just looking at Cotton Balls. Some sufferers have a fear of the cotton ball inside of some medicine bottles.

Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls - Therapy / Remedies / Cures / Self Help
    What is used as a therapy, treatment, remedy, cure or self-help ideas for Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls? The following info is not a substitute for a medical assessment or diagnostic procedure, but serves as a useful guide to help focus future discussions. Although the causes of sidonglobophobia are not completely understood, great relief of the symptoms and effects can be achieved with the correct type of treatment or therapy. There are fantastic treatments and therapies available to anyone suffering from fears and phobias including; psychotherapy, behaviour therapy, exposure therapy, hypnotherapy, counselling, self-help books, professional advice, drugs and medications. With the right treatment, your fears can be overcome, making your life easier to manage. To learn more about the different types of treatment available, as well as how to successfully cure panic attacks, refer to the relevant links on the home page. To summarize, the Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls Treatment / Remedies / Self Help may include the following:

Behavior Therapy (Exposure Therapy in particular)

Psychotherapy

Hypnotherapy

Counselling

Self-help Books

Professional Advice

Drugs and Medications

Treatment for Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls
    The sole purpose of the article on the Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls is to act as a reference guide to provide useful information regarding this anxiety. It is not intended to be used to as a substitute for obtaining professional medical advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your health please consult your medical practitioner immediately.

Professional Treatment and Therapy for Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls - When to seek help
    Most fears and phobias, including the Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls, are not serious especially if they do not seriously impact your normal daily life. But if your Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls results in avoiding situations on a regular basis preventing you from functioning or enjoying life you should consider seeking medical advice. You should also consult your medical practitioner or or doctor if your fear or phobia of Cotton Balls is intense and disabling causing anxiety, distress and panic and if you have been suffering for more than six months. If you experience any physical symptoms such as fainting, chest pains, blurred vision or palpitations see you medical or health practitioner as soon as possible to eliminate any serious medical condition.

Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls
    We hope that the information provided in the article on Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls will be of help. Understanding more about your Phobia and Fear of Cotton Balls is the first step to overcoming your anxiety.

Interesting Cav...

I have agoraphobia.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i have a fear of driving slow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    i have Scoleciphobia...I blame Poltergeist
    Also, I didn't know there was a name for it but I have Cacophonophobia..

Since kw has moved in, I don't think either of us will ever have Abibliophobia (well at least for 2-3 years)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    afroannnie wrote:

Since kw has moved in, I don't think either of us will ever have Abibliophobia (well at least for 2-3 years)
    sooo..
    no worms
    no words
    and lots of books
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Interesting Cav...

I have agoraphobia.

fear of panic attacks that can be witnessed by others..

Seems like a horrible circle :(
    Caveeze wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

sooo..
    no worms
    no words
    and lots of books

Well..maggots specifically...earthworms, centipedes and such I'm totally fine with.
    Cacophonophobia=Fear of bad music...I'm afraid of being stuck listening to bad music.

And yes...combined...we have enough books to build a humongous bookcase...and we are... :lol:
    I didn't know there were so many specific things to be afraid of...this seems to be a very complete list...

http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/gswithenbank/phobias.htm
    afroannnie wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

sooo..
    no worms
    no words
    and lots of books

Well..maggots specifically...earthworms, centipedes and such I'm totally fine with.
    Cacophonophobia=Fear of bad music...I'm afraid of being stuck listening to bad music.

And yes...combined...we have enough books to build a humongous bookcase...and we are... :lol:

google let me down on the music one..

should have binged.. :)
    afroannnie wrote:

be careful...unlost might send you something related to your fears (as she squeals with delight whilst preparing the package)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Caveeze wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Interesting Cav...

I have agoraphobia.

fear of panic attacks that can be witnessed by others..

Seems like a horrible circle :(

well, actually it's a sub-fear of agoraphobia...I have the part where I am afraid of being in a place where I cannot escape. like cave diving...I couldn't do that, what if I got stuck and couldn't get out, or what if I got lost? I can't even watch the NatGeo shows on it...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

be careful...unlost might send you something related to your fears (as she squeals with delight whilst preparing the package)

So I should expect a package containing Nickelback & Train cds covered in maggots? :? :shock:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

So I should expect a package containing Nickelback & Train cds covered in maggots? :? :shock:

no...a Creed and Justin Beiber CD covered in maggots...

- Christopher McCandless
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    right now im having concerniwontfindabarbyhappyhourapobia. :x
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I have a fear of threads like this one
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,781
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

no...a Creed and Justin Beiber CD covered in maggots...
    I vote for both. You know, its best to confront fears head on.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Agoraphobia... I guess. I've never been diagnosed and I don't ever want to be.
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    achluphobia

deathly afraid!!!!
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I have Frigophobia and Osmophobia
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Osmophobia

Reminded me of Osmosis Jones for some reason

osmosis_351.jpg

Carry on
    Osmophobia

osmosis_351.jpg

Carry on
    You know I don't do animation :nono: we've been over this :fp:

Osmophobia

osmosis_351.jpg

Carry on
    You know I don't do animation :nono: we've been over this :fp:

Put on the big girl pants and watch some king of the hill
    never gonna happen :nono: animation annoys me [will shrug]

slap.gif

slap.gif
    tko-boxing-boxer-athlete-smiley-emoticon-000579-large.gif

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Monophobia..and ... Wait for it..
    Agoraphobia.

Seriously?!?!? I'm kinda fucked between the two!! Oh well animals love me!!
    I swear.. I'm a walking oxymoron !
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Coulrophobia
    and Pithecophobia(this one is the fear of apes, it goes back to a teenage encounter with a man in an ape suit and I've been deathly afraid of apes and people dressed as them ever since...)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Not sure if this is a named phobia but I have a mild form of it.
    Fear of getting hair in your eyes during a haircut... @-)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    cenosillicaphobia - fear of an empty beer glass
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I have A legit phobia of bees. I am a grown ass woman and I will hide behind someone I'm with, which is really just a nice way of saying I'm use them as a human shield. If I'm alone I will run away from it. And yes, I do this in public. I start shaking and my body just reacts, it's like instinct or something. If someone held a gun to my head and told me not to move when a bee comes by, I'd get shot. I can't with those things.

It's only bees. Flys, mosquitos, gnats, I don't give a shit.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    I SAW PEARL JAM