Options

June 23rd Ryanair flight from Dusseldorf back to London

edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone else flying from Dusseldorf back to London on June 23rd? I received an email notifying of a flight change...from a 20:15 departure to a 8:25 departure. However, when I check the ryanair website, it still lists the 20:15 flight for booking purposes. Anyone familiar with how ryanair operates? Can I cancel my current/updated airfare and rebook according to my original schedule? Or will ryanair just change my flight to 8:25 regardless? seems like a mickey mouse operation.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I'm flying back from Berlin to London, the 23rd with Ryanair, I hope they do not pull something similar on me

but no idea, can't help
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    mmm that's strange.
    I had a flight from Dusseldorf to London on the 30th June (after Werchter) and got the reschedule email yesterday...but my flight was the 13.05 one!
    and I looked on the site to see if I could reschedule rather for a later one than 8.25 and saw the 20.15 one (too late for me, I'll fly from Belgium).

give them a call, they seem to have got confused.
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    How do Ryanair operate?

Badly, I'm afraid.

I don't know what their policy is on changing flights but they certainly don't do refunds.

As with most airlines of their stature they are free to change any flights until 48 hours notice with no comeback. It kinda sucks
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    How do Ryanair operate?

Badly, I'm afraid.

I don't know what their policy is on changing flights but they certainly don't do refunds.

As with most airlines of their stature they are free to change any flights until 48 hours notice with no comeback. It kinda sucks
    actually, if the change is more than 3 hour you can get refund or credit (just have to click a link and fill a couple of details), I chose the refund.

and they also refunded me for a flight (this one actually) that I stupidly booked myself on twice having forgotten I already done it the day before :rolleyes: . I called them and after explaining, they agreed to refund me completely (it was done 3 days later), which they didn't really have to do.

But like every other airlines (at least if you go for the cheap flights rather than the full flexible ones), they do refund only taxes (minus a fee..so basically hardly anything back) if you simply choose to cancel.

I wish they didn't change schedules so easily though :(
  • Options
    Anyone else flying from Dusseldorf back to London on June 23rd? I received an email notifying of a flight change...from a 20:15 departure to a 8:25 departure. However, when I check the ryanair website, it still lists the 20:15 flight for booking purposes. Anyone familiar with how ryanair operates? Can I cancel my current/updated airfare and rebook according to my original schedule? Or will ryanair just change my flight to 8:25 regardless? seems like a mickey mouse operation.

Be prepared for more flight changes. Ryanair does it all the time. Read the fine print of your ticket. They have the right to change your departure time up to 2 hours and for some reason they do this liberally. They are dirt cheap though, so what do you expect? Just be prepared to roll with it.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786

I was on the same flight and mine has been changed aswell, as far as I can see there are only two flights that day now, the early one and one quite late on.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    JanetWeissJanetWeiss Posts: 231
    Here's another Ryanair change.

My flight from London to Dusseldorf on June 20 has been changed from the 19.25 departure to the 20.40 departure. Not so bad, but it means I'm going to arrive in Dusseldorf very late in the evening. I only hope they don't change again making us fly at 3 in the morning.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    thats Ryanair for ye - cheapskates. Its unreal how many people will be affected. Are they giving any reasons for the changes?? I'll only be flying with them twice - Dublin to Berlin and London to Eindhoven.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    JanetWeiss wrote:

My flight from London to Dusseldorf on June 20 has been changed from the 19.25 departure to the 20.40 departure. Not so bad, but it means I'm going to arrive in Dusseldorf very late in the evening. I only hope they don't change again making us fly at 3 in the morning.

same flight for me!

I'd like to change to the earlier flight that afternoon, but am afraid of making the change for fear of losing out on a flight all together!

lol! i'm such a chicken... :p
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    same flight for me!

I'd like to change to the earlier flight that afternoon, but am afraid of making the change for fear of losing out on a flight all together!

lol! i'm such a chicken... :p

I already confirmed the change so I'll be on the 20.40 flight.
    The mail said I could get something like a "travel credit" and then I had to make another reservation. I had the same fear of losing both the flights so I confirmed the "late night one". :D
    Roma
    New York, New York
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Be prepared for more flight changes. Ryanair does it all the time. Read the fine print of your ticket. They have the right to change your departure time up to 2 hours and for some reason they do this liberally. They are dirt cheap though, so what do you expect? Just be prepared to roll with it.
    I sure hope they don't change my 10:05 Bratislava-London one, at least not for an earlier departure, otherwise I'm fucked...no way can I get to Bratislava Airport before 8am at best!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I sure hope they don't change my 10:05 Bratislava-London one, at least not for an earlier departure, otherwise I'm fucked...no way can I get to Bratislava Airport before 8am at best!

Good luck. They're kind of sketchy but when you use them a lot you just sort of come to expect it and deal with it. You can't have real rigid travel plans when flying with Ryanair. I've flown them maybe a dozen times and I don't recall ever having a flight changed more than an hour in either direction. Seems to me it was usally about 20-40 minutes.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    BeerBaron wrote:
    This is the very reason that I am going to pay a few extra bucks and book a flight on a "rea;" airline from London to Dusseldorf.
    Yeah. Except for me, it's this, plus London-Copenhagen and Copenhagen-Amsterdam :)

Better be safe and broke than sorry and miss out on why I'm doing this tour in the first place..
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    well, of the flights have booked, so far it's the 3rd that got changed.
    the first 2 were respectively Iberia (NOT a low cost airline!) and Air Berlin...though those 2 were only by 20mn.
  • Options

After taking the long road through the ryanair customer service hotline, here's some advice. Reject the new flight they've bumped you to take and rebook the same or new flight that fits your schedule better.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    well, of the flights have booked, so far it's the 3rd that got changed.
    the first 2 were respectively Iberia (NOT a low cost airline!) and Air Berlin...though those 2 were only by 20mn.

Same with me! First a Ryanair change, then a Zoom Airlines change out of Paris, and now the Dusseldorf show venue!! :rolleyes: :D

My head's starting to spin! :p
  • Options
    Flights surprises: episode 2.

My Copenhagen - Rome flight on June 28 has been cancelled. It's Air Berlin.
    They wrote to me saying I'll get money back. In the meantime I had to book another flight with a different company...
    Roma
    New York, New York
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    WaxxWaxx Posts: 36
    JanetWeiss wrote:

I hope you realise that Ryanair doesn't operate from Dusseldorf, but from a tiny airport nearby ... It takes about an hour to get from the airport to Dusseldorf. The airport does provide a bus shuttle service, however.
  • Options
    Waxx wrote:
    I hope you realise that Ryanair doesn't operate from Dusseldorf, but from a tiny airport nearby ... It takes about an hour to get from the airport to Dusseldorf. The airport does provide a bus shuttle service, however.

yes, I know, thanks. :)
    I'm going to arrive to the hotel very late, I suppose. Not a big problem, I Know I'm not going to sleep very much those days...
    Roma
    New York, New York
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I am arriving in London on the 18th at noon (Gatwick) and I have recurrent nightmares that the flight will be late or cancelled :(
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Waxx wrote:

:eek: really?

oh my.... not getting to the hotel until after midnight.... ugh! :(
  • Options
    WaxxWaxx Posts: 36
    To all the people flying from London to Dusseldorf with RyanAir: You may want to check this link ...

http://www.airport-weeze.de/2-3-3_bus_duesseldorf.php?lang=en

Apparently, the last shuttle bus leaves at 2200 (local time). So if you are leaving London at 2040 (local time), you will probably arrive in Germany at about 2240 (local time).

And if I am not mistaken, the last bus will be gone by then.
  • Options
    It says "bus route (16.04.07 - 03.06.07)"

Imo it means that there is going to be another timetable after 03.06.07.
    The possibility to be left at the airport without a bus to get to the town seems strange to me. I'm not worried about it. :)
    Roma
    New York, New York
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    JanetWeiss wrote:
    It says "bus route (16.04.07 - 03.06.07)"

Imo it means that there is going to be another timetable after 03.06.07.
    The possibility to be left at the airport without a bus to get to the town seems strange to me. I'm not worried about it. :)

My experience traveling in Europe is that I've always found a way when it seemed like hope was lost. There's usually someone that will let you travel in the bed of a truck or in the back of a van or something.