Options

Guess what movie its from

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The Wizard

The world famous pommel horse defense :P ....

Gymkata-Thomas_l.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what's with these 80's straight to VHS movies!? ... :ugeek:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

They may be a little obscure to a Canadian, but a lot of them were on HBO (back before they got all fancy with their original programming and they still showed all kinds of bullshit) every damn day in the 80's and 90's and so might be a little less obscure to us. That's how shit movies like "Troll 2" developed giant cult followings. It wasn't because somebody happened across the VHS and word of mouth spread, it was on HBO all the time.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

They may be a little obscure to a Canadian, but a lot of them were on HBO (back before they got all fancy with their original programming and they still showed all kinds of bullshit) every damn day in the 80's and 90's and so might be a little less obscure to us. That's how shit movies like "Troll 2" developed giant cult followings. It wasn't because somebody happened across the VHS and word of mouth spread, it was on HBO all the time.

ahhhhhh ...

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    polaris_x wrote:

Personally i remember 80's movies more vividly than anything since.

In unrelated news, The 80's were also the last time i was sober.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Jason P wrote:

Gymkata-Thomas_l.jpg
    Somehow this reminds me of those stupid Capital One commercials with the vikings using credit cards.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

Now I see why you guys have me at such a disadvantage. I didn't have HBO in the 80s and 90s. In fact, I still don't have it. I'm cheap!

Here I've been trying to post all these respected classic films . . . :ugeek: :P
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

Gymkata-Thomas_l.jpg
    Somehow this reminds me of those stupid Capital One commercials with the vikings using credit cards.

Reminds me of that scene in The Princess Bride where Westley and Inigo are fencing and they both swing on and jump off a "vine" that is clearly a gymnastics bar covered in fake moss.
    Here I've been trying to post all these respected classic films . . . :ugeek: :P

Are you saying Freejack isn't a respected classic film? Somewhere Sir Michael Jagger just shed a tear.
  • Options
    hint: it involves the skill of gymnastics and the kill of karate. :geek:

also,youtube "pommel horse fight" for two minutes of great unintentional comedy :mrgreen:
  • Options

Are you saying Freejack isn't a respected classic film? Somewhere Sir Michael Jagger just shed a tear.
    Well, I doubt it ranks up there with Screamers, Near Dark and Once Upon a Time in Mexico. :P
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    hint: it involves the skill of gymnastics and the kill of karate. :geek:

also,youtube "pommel horse fight" for two minutes of great unintentional comedy :mrgreen:

Ah, found it. I won't guess it because I've never even heard of this one. Nor have I heard of the "star". I had a hunch that was Marc Singer, kind of looks like him and he was in more crap than corn in the 80's and 90's. But I guess he was busy filming Battle Of The Network Stars that day or something.
  • Options

Well, I doubt it ranks up there with Screamers, Near Dark and Once Upon a Time in Mexico. :P

You're on thin ice sister.

mick_jagger_freejack.jpg
    Mick's "You're on thin ice....shidoobee" face
  • Options
    mick_jagger_freejack.jpg
    Mick's "You're on thin ice....shidoobee" face
    :lol::lol::lol:

I am so going to miss this thread when I go back to work.
  • Options
    2022717,MRum1fCz2O6_eLuS_9LWpLPsl+_dc+gypBT4ClHIYRt2j1OBM_E20leedsO8mkFZHdDnLiihywZEqCj3S46DMg==.jpg

Out of curiosity has anybody out there ever seen "A Man Called Sarge"? I loved this movie but i think i'm the only person to have ever seen it.
  • Options
    2022717,MRum1fCz2O6_eLuS_9LWpLPsl+_dc+gypBT4ClHIYRt2j1OBM_E20leedsO8mkFZHdDnLiihywZEqCj3S46DMg==.jpg

Out of curiosity has anybody out there ever seen "A Man Called Sarge"? I loved this movie but i think i'm the only person to have ever seen it.

Never heard of it, but it looks fantastic.
  • Options

Never heard of it, but it looks fantastic.

It's a low budget airplane/ naked gun type of movie. over all it's crap but there's a few scenes that are :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    All right, here is the awnser ...

220px-Gymkataposter.jpg

And the legendary fight scene link ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEb3PuNasFA

And now the new hint ...

1088219212.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    1088219212.jpg

Another one of those daily HBO movies :lol:

Big Top Pee Wee - with Benicio del Toro as the Dog Faced Boy

SeikoFfolkes2.jpg
  • Options
    Big Top Pee Wee - with Benicio del Toro as the Dog Faced Boy
    I wonder what the odds were that he would go on to win an Oscar some day? 18,000,000 : 1?

:lol:
  • Options
    SeikoFfolkes2.jpg
    Ffolkes. Surely I'm the only person ever to see that movie.

swmm.jpg
  • Options

Well, I have too. I didn't just pick the picture at random. :lol: The actual UK title is North Sea Hijack, but it was changed to Ffolkes for the international release.

I just saw it not long ago actually. Rented it off Netflix because I thought a movie with Roger Moore and Anthony Perkins sounded interesting, and it was. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and Roger was hilarious. Anthony was a really good villain too.

This new clue looks familiar but I'm blanking. Not enough coffee to access the movie portion of my brain yet.
  • Options

Well, I have too. I didn't just pick the picture at random. :lol: The actual UK title is North Sea Hijack, but it was changed to Ffolkes for the international release.

I just saw it not long ago actually. Rented it off Netflix because I thought a movie with Roger Moore and Anthony Perkins sounded interesting, and it was. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and Roger was hilarious. Anthony was a really good villain too.

This new clue looks familiar but I'm blanking. Not enough coffee to access the movie portion of my brain yet.
    Yeah, Roger Moore doing needlepoint and loving cats was a switch. I remembered the other title because it's similar to my maiden name, which I never expected to see in a movie.
  • Options

Yeah, Roger Moore doing needlepoint and loving cats was a switch. I remembered the other title because it's similar to my maiden name, which I never expected to see in a movie.

That's the title I know it as too, but I threw that out there in case a British person was reading the thread and confused over why we were calling it Ffolkes.
  • Options
    swmm.jpg

mud?
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    swmm.jpg

mud?
    Yup. Just watched it over the weekend. Really liked it.
  • Options
    th?id=H.4800958537927061&w=235&h=130&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Moonrise Kingdom.

Man, I take a day away from the forum and Gymkata and Howie Mandel discussions happen.

Here's one that was always on cable, too.

hqdefault.jpg?feature=og
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Walk like a Man? :lol:

mqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    Walk like a Man? :lol:

I was totally going to use that one after Howie Mandel was brought up earlier. Another one of those shitty movies that was on HBO every day. Damn I miss those days :lol:

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NKoMNy5bY
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Moving Violations

Speaking of which...

tumblr_lezyy2rnaE1qej94oo1_400.gif
    I SAW PEARL JAM