Options

Mind Your Manners: "Cracking New Tune"

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    WhyNotSweden:
    It's an EV song from the movie "Out of the Furnace"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206543/soundtrack?ref_=tt_trv_snd
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Pap wrote:
    WhyNotSweden:

Ha, list of songs for that movie keeps on growing...

Love the name "Eggs aren't cheap"! :)
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Pap wrote:
    WhyNotSweden:

IMDB is like Wikipedia, anyone can go in and change, add to, or edit it. Not saying it is wrong, but very well could be.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Pap wrote:
    WhyNotSweden:

IMDB is like Wikipedia, anyone can go in and change, add to, or edit it. Not saying it is wrong, but very well could be.

Yeah we need some official announcement. Here's hoping there is some details in the next 10c email on 10th July.....
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    ANY news is good news to me! 8-)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    It's allegedly being released on July 16th, if you were to believe Rock Cellar Magazine:

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2013/ ... -16-rumor/
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    :-|
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Nice will be the first to hear it in London!

Bonus! if real
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,595
    Just hope it's not Comatose Part II...
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

looks like your dog will enjoy comatose II... :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131

:o Comatose kicks ass...

Avocado collectively contains a lot of their best rockers overall.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Can't wait to hear it! :thumbup:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Sound's like it'll put another crack in my faith that PJ can make a great record again.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    My prediction.... 4 or 5 opening songs, power chord, punky stuff [STBC]... an acoustic, slow tempo in the middle of the album, then 3 or 4 mid-tempo tracks, spacey stuff with introspective lyrics.. and then a final track that will sound like the guys saying good bye for the last time...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    there were a lot of face paced rockers on Backspacer, which would fall in line with the STBC comparison.

4 albums from now most of you haters will call Backspacer your 3rd favorite album.

so four albums from now backspacer is going to leap frog ten through riot act as a top three PJ album?

:think: unlikely.
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    Tom K wrote:
    My prediction.... 4 or 5 opening songs, power chord, punky stuff [STBC]... an acoustic, slow tempo in the middle of the album, then 3 or 4 mid-tempo tracks, spacey stuff with introspective lyrics.. and then a final track that will sound like the guys saying good bye for the last time...

really going out on a limb there, champ
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Tom K wrote:

really going out on a limb there, champ

I like to live dangerously... :ugeek:
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I liked backspacer alot, but I don't think it's in my Top 3. My top 3 has been Yield, Vitalogy, and Vs. for a long time. It's hard to break that as I get more nostaligic the older I get :)

I can say that Binaural/Riot Act weren't my favorite albums (even though each one has a few good songs on it). I Iike Avacado and Backspacer a lot more... So I did feel the last few albums were in improvement, which gives me hope for the next one.
  • Options
    pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    rival. wrote:
    there were a lot of face paced rockers on Backspacer, which would fall in line with the STBC comparison.

4 albums from now most of you haters will call Backspacer your 3rd favorite album.

so four albums from now backspacer is going to leap frog ten through riot act as a top three PJ album?

Yeah, but I also notice it as a trend. Sometimes albums have to be put in proper perspective to truly appreciate them. And now that the time between releasing a new album keeps growing, it takes longer for fans to have a change of heart.

And to prove this anomaly exists, even Stone has fallen victim to it. He's mentioned it has taken him 10 years to recognize Vitalogy and No Code for the genius work that they are. For a while he had quite the opposite opinion.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    the question is...

Is "Why now you don't bitching?" the b-side?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    I don't post much.... and often want to start a thread with this one question... "Why all the Hate for Backspacer?"

I adore it, I mean I cannot get enough of it, they lyrics, the melodies, the guitars.... Holy Crap it is AMAZING! And while I try not to label them in order of favorite, because that is like trying to decide which of my kids I like most! It was a gift to me, when I needed to hear many of the themes of that album.

And I'm not a fighter, I get that we all have different lives, different passions, but I really don't understand why such slime always gets thrown in that direction. Just my 2 cents. It is ART for goodness sake!
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    jerseygenx wrote:
    I don't post much.... and often want to start a thread with this one question... "Why all the Hate for Backspacer?"

I adore it, I mean I cannot get enough of it, they lyrics, the melodies, the guitars.... Holy Crap it is AMAZING! And while I try not to label them in order of favorite, because that is like trying to decide which of my kids I like most! It was a gift to me, when I needed to hear many of the themes of that album.

And I'm not a fighter, I get that we all have different lives, different passions, but I really don't understand why such slime always gets thrown in that direction. Just my 2 cents. It is ART for goodness sake!

I adore backspacer also! Nice to see that someone else feels the same way! :thumbup: :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Zod wrote:
    I liked backspacer alot, but I don't think it's in my Top 3. My top 3 has been Yield, Vitalogy, and Vs. for a long time. It's hard to break that as I get more nostaligic the older I get :)

I can say that Binaural/Riot Act weren't my favorite albums (even though each one has a few good songs on it). I Iike Avacado and Backspacer a lot more... So I did feel the last few albums were in improvement, which gives me hope for the next one.

No love for No Code? Or is it just assumed to be amazing?
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    jerseygenx wrote:

I adore backspacer also! Nice to see that someone else feels the same way! :thumbup: :D

As do I. Tastes such as they are, are unique to the individual. I spend very little time wondering how each album stacks up to the rest of the fandom. Sure I have my favorites and a couple that haven't grown on me as much...but I've learned that time away from those ones usually end up with a better understanding later on. In fact...the lulls between albums are often spent with me revisiting an album or songs I am lukewarm to and usually have a new appreciation. I despised Binaural for a long time. Now in my top 5!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I think it's funny that he said "PJ fans will like it". Most PJ fans will "like" anything they hear that had the name "Pearl Jam" involved.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Pap wrote:
    Think "Spin the Black Circle". :mrgreen:
    Holy shit balls :o

NEED TO HEAR THIS!!!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

Yeah, but I also notice it as a trend. Sometimes albums have to be put in proper perspective to truly appreciate them. And now that the time between releasing a new album keeps growing, it takes longer for fans to have a change of heart.

And to prove this anomaly exists, even Stone has fallen victim to it. He's mentioned it has taken him 10 years to recognize Vitalogy and No Code for the genius work that they are. For a while he had quite the opposite opinion.

exactly. my point was when No Code came out, most Ten/Vs/Vitalogy purists hated it. Now it's in their top albums because over time it gained respect and momentum.

peolpe are going to be begging for them to play Johnny Guitar during their 6 night Las Vegas stand in 2023 opening for The Doors Hologram Resurrection Tour.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I think it's funny that he said "PJ fans will like it". Most PJ fans will "like" anything they hear that had the name "Pearl Jam" involved.

correct. I even like Ole. (yet I hate Betterman)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    exactly. my point was when No Code came out, most Ten/Vs/Vitalogy purists hated it. Now it's in their top albums because over time it gained respect and momentum.

peolpe are going to be begging for them to play Johnny Guitar during their 6 night Las Vegas stand in 2023 opening for The Doors Hologram Resurrection Tour.

I need to start saving my money and booking my travel arrangements now for that show :)

I always thought vs. would be my favorite. But by the time Binaural was out, I realized my top two were clearly Yield & Vitalogy. And No Code was up there, too. I think Backspacer will end up in the clear top 5 for most fans.

Today, I'd rank like this-

1) Yield
    2) Vitalogy
    3) Vs.
    4) No Code
    5) Ten
    6) Backspacer
    7) Avocado
    8) Binaural
    9) Riot act

I will be tvery pleased if the new album surpasses Avocado out of the gate, but I doubt it will. Certainly could grow over time, though.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    Peolpe are going to be begging for them to play Johnny Guitar during their 6 night Las Vegas stand in 2023 opening for The Doors Hologram Resurrection Tour.

:lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024