Dog buries his puppy in Iraq

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
sad... :( :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAlNOfjA2A

and in the end....you can see how shitty humans can be,with the guy throw that bottle..
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    :(

I didnt know dogs would do such a thing. Sad.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    that was so sad and so sweet at the same time.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

dogs look for their owners when they leave the room for a euthanasia procedure...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

dogs look for their owners when they leave the room for a euthanasia procedure...

what does that mean???
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

what does that mean???

dogs have a lot of very human-like qualities...it's pretty amazing.
    (or did you mean 'do owners really not stay with their pets when it's *that time*'?)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    oh, now I get it. I was totally confused. :D I just read it wrong I guess.

I was right by my cat's side with my hand rubbing her head when I had to put her down. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. I saw her take her last breath.

and I still miss her every single day. :cry:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    thank you, dimitris. that is amazing stuff.

the other day driving to the pool the radio gave me some info. dogs have all the thngs in their throats (& whatnot) to speak but they don't for some reason but they truly should be capable of full on speech. also, some experts believe humans evolved from dogs not monkies
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    :( This reminds me of the other video of the dog pulling his friend off to the side of the road after he'd been hit by a car.

I couldn't imagine not being with me cat when she was euthanized. I rubbed her head the whole time too. It was the hardest experience ever saying goodbye to my little best friend, but I wanted her to feel love and peace in that moment. :cry:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    chadwick wrote:

the other day driving to the pool the radio gave me some info. dogs have all the thngs in their throats (& whatnot) to speak but they don't for some reason but they truly should be capable of full on speech. also, some experts believe humans evolved from dogs not monkies
    wow..never heard that before!thanks!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    chadwick wrote:

wow..never heard that before!thanks!
    Yes their vocal chords and muscular structure would support full speech. But their mouths are not built for linguistics, but for hunting, and devouring. This though is why some dogs sounds like they are 'speaking' when they bark or howl!!
    Thanks for the video Dimitris !
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    thank you, whispering hands.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    sad... :( :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAlNOfjA2A

and in the end....you can see how shitty humans can be,with the guy throw that bottle..

agree... what a d*ck. heartless f'k.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I suppose this should be uplifting, but damn...it just breaks my heart - the whole damn thread.

Much as I adore cats (cbg and P&E, we too were there with our kitty at her end and it's one of those unforgettables that still make me tear up - like right now), some dogs just have this extra sense. Like the one who waited for his owner at the train station every day after he died...like the sweetie who laid by his Navy Seal owner's casket...like the gentle therapy dogs who seem to realize the comfort they provide...

...like the many who've gone above and WAY beyond anything us humans would expect from them.

All that said, thanks for sharing it, dimi.

(and I wish I could hurl that fucking bottle back to the one who threw it)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Maybe that was a caring gesture.... Or maybe he was burying it to protect the carcass so he could come back later and eat it, or it was simply territorial behaviour - they do the same thing with bones - and everyone is just projecting human emotion upon this dog. :? We'll never know.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Maybe that was a caring gesture.... Or maybe he was burying it to protect the carcass so he could come back later and eat it, or it was simply territorial behaviour - they do the same thing with bones - and everyone is just projecting human emotion upon this dog. :? We'll never know.
    It's funny you mention that, because it was one of my first thoughts on the bone-front....but I think dogs typically don't eat their own...

Do they?

I still think they possess some badass intuitive qualities, totally separate from our personal interpretations.

(I also LOVE their schnozzes)
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    hedonist wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's funny you mention that, because it was one of my first thoughts on the bone-front....but I think dogs typically don't eat their own...

Do they?

I still think they possess some badass intuitive qualities, totally separate from our personal interpretations.

I think they have instinct to bury or hide their young if they're injured or sick. They'll also sometimes kill their pups to "protect" them if they're overly anxious about their safety and well-being.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    hedonist wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Do they?

I just happened to see this horrifying documentary about some family in eastern Europe, and their dog sauntered right up to its own puppy, which was sick, and started chomping on it like a chew toy and killed it (and I think ate it). So yeah, they do that. I also once found that my aunt's shitty cat ate the head off of her new born kitten. :(

But yes, doggy noses are great. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    hedonist wrote:
    some dogs just have this extra sense
    i really believe this